Earls

Add Photos

Line Cook

Line Cook (Current Employee) Bellevue, WA

ProsFlexible Schedule, Relatively Easy, Great Staff

ConsHours (Don't know when I'm going to get off, like most restaurants I assume), Stressful at times, Keep track of your hours, not many benefits.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a Clock-In, Clock-out System

Simple salary input

ProsFood, fun, creative, busy, perks

ConsPay, time, benefits, travel, busy

Neutral. It has been both good and bad.

Manager (Current Employee)

ProsSome of the best people I have ever worked with. Both in the kitchen and front of house everyone cares about eachother and always making the guest happy.

ConsThey are going through a lot of changes and I am not on board with all of them. I don't think they are all what is best for the business.

Advice to Senior ManagementAlthough you have been focused on driving sales and profit, don't forget to have fun. More staff incentives will create a stronger sales drive.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Oven Chef

Oven Chef (Current Employee) Bellevue, WA

ProsGreat people, great energy, flexible with schedules and above all, great food

ConsCompany benefits are close to none.

high employee turnover because of employee dissatisfaction

Cook (Former Employee) Bellevue, WA

ProsIn general younger employees and high energetic atmosphere, lunch included for cooks, as a cook you receive a share in tips.

Consnot much emphasis put on employee happiness or satisfaction, little to no benefits provided, bad/no insurance options, Extremely low employee discount in restaurant compared to competitors.

Advice to Senior Managementoffer more chances for employee skill development

Earl's

Cook (Current Employee) Bellevue, WA

ProsThe people are pretty amazing and they do try to promote people who deserve it

ConsBosses are somewhat incompetent and tend to take shortcuts

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to express fairness in the workplace and hold true to your promises

Attractive Co-Workers

Manager (Current Employee) Littleton, CO

ProsThe staff is hand picked from the top down with a motto that sex sells. Be prepared to work with the most attractive in the Industry. Promotions are not coincidentally synonymous with appearance.

ConsThe flipside of this coin is that the less attractive people, if hired at all, are going to struggle to attain the prime shifts, sections, and preference.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what goy you here. The modus operandi is clearly working.

Positive but outgrown.

Bartender (Former Employee) Vancouver, BC (Canada)

ProsThe main pro of working at Earls is the people. I worked with friendly staff who quickly turned into life long friends. For the most part, interactions with management was always positive.

ConsThey offer opportunity to move up in the company, however, the pay that comes with it does not match the new found duties. In most cases, it isn't worth your time to advance in the company unless you are hoping to remain a long term employee.

Employees work shift work and there are very limited 'good' shifts to offer to the 100 or so employees per restaurant. Thus, it turns into a very competitive (not positive) environment where favouritism becomes very evident.

Great job... little recognition for hard work

Server (Current Employee)

Pros- TIPS
    - fun atmosphere, very social
    - they serve great tasting food, rarely ever gets sent back
    - time off is fairly flexible

Cons- management can be a pain in the butt; a lot of power tripping and unnecessary nitpicking of new/younger staff; they often just sit in the back office area when the restaurant would be very busy and servers really needed their help
    - training needs improvement; specific scenarios and how to handle them are never discussed until the situation occurs in real life
    - hours can be unpredictable and inconsistent (as any restaurant would be)
    - the dress code is very strict and can be expensive starting off

Advice to Senior Management- stronger and more consistent training among ALL branches should be in place
    - management often bends the rules for themselves simply because they can, which is unfair to those who work hard
    - recognize those who are working hard, rather than just expecting perfection all of the time

Fun but run very poorly.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThis was a great place to get started in the restaurant industry, it had a fun atmosphere and everyone working there was very young.

ConsAs a female I was often put in strange positions that management did not care for and management didn't care much for my performance but constantly harassed me about appearance and to wear more makeup.

Advice to Senior ManagementDealing with situations in a more mature way

Worked for Earls? Contribute to the Community!