Earth Fare Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.3
Frank Scorpiniti

Pros
  • 20% discount is nice even thought I still can't afford to shop there on my salary (in 17 reviews)

• The company does offer an employee discount and decent benefits (in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • Half of the home office is an "Assistant Director" of a made up title (in 16 reviews)

• The upper management goes about everything in the wrong manner (in 14 reviews)

1. Just Okay-

I worked at Earth Fare full-time

Pros

The benefits were fantastic, that is one of the three stars. Sometimes you get a really good team that works well together. Great food philosophy and potentially good atmosphere. Currently weeding out managers who do not do their jobs.

Cons

Pays below industry standard, constant corporate pressure and changes, the people in HO are dropping like flies, rewards those who are favored not those who are competent, COMMUNICATION IS TERRIBLE, inconsistent in changes

Food Service Manager

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

I worked at Earth Fare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fast-Paced engaging environment to engage customers and push sales.

Cons

Company is filled with favoritism and discrimination. If you aren't one of their "favorites" you do not stand a chance at being supported.

3. Excellent company to work for

Current Employee - Specialist/Merchandiser in Asheville, NC
    Current Employee - Specialist/Merchandiser in Asheville, NC

I have been working at Earth Fare

Pros

Very fast growing company with numerous opportunities for advancement with hourly employees.

Cons

With a rapidly growing company, there will be a lot of change. Some have been good, some bad, but overall change is great!

Advice to Management

As with any position at any company, there will be aspects of your job that you will not like, or there will be changes to adapt to. As a manager with Earth Fare, you HAVE TO BE open to changes on a weekly to monthly basis.

Worst director of operations that I have ever seen at a company. North.

Former Employee - Department Manager in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Department Manager in Columbus, OH

I worked at Earth Fare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I really do believe in their food philosophy. It is brilliant. Category managers are excellent at finding unique items.

Cons

I have seen this guy, throw things, push people out of his way, ask several people for ideas, then claiming them as his own. Getting rid of people that he seen as a threat to take his job. Cutting hours below what it takes to do your job. Encourage s people to work off the clock.

Advice to Management

Fire this person before everyone quits.

6. Cashier

I worked at Earth Fare

Pros

Great company, discounts 20% off of everything (except alcohol), decent pay

Cons

No too many cons...however with it being a smaller store chain, they do cut back on hours and the first people this affect are the front end.

Earth Unfair

Former Employee - Front End Cashier in Charleston, SC
    Former Employee - Front End Cashier in Charleston, SC

I worked at Earth Fare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

20% discount, working with cool people

Cons

Management likes to pick favorites, so employees can be treated unfairly. Ever since I've started and quit, I have witnessed many people being pushed aside in favor of less experienced people when it comes to promotions. Only half of the department managers are reliable people while the others are promoted based on how much they go drinking with the store or district managers.

I've even talked a few of my friends out of applying for Earth Fare.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees better. If it weren't for a small handful of people that have stuck around, I would have stopped visiting and started shopping at other stores altogether. It pains me to see people who have been properly trained for management positions get passed in favor of for incompetent buffoons.

8. I enjoyed it here

I worked at Earth Fare

Pros

As a manager, I was well-treated, but I was close to management

Cons

Very unfair environment for some employees. Everyone gets treated differently.

This company needs to be unionized.

I worked at Earth Fare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Many of the people you will work with here are great, hard working, smart,and dedicated. To bad the corporate climate and upper management fail to recognize or compensate this fact,

Cons

One of the worst companies I have ever worked for. They hire a lot of people to open their stores. Then cut back labor hours till some part time people are forced to quit because they are only working one day a week ( or every other week) who can survive on that? Then the full time workers are made to take on more responsibility for the same low pay as people quit. "productivity" I have opened several stores with them and that the deliberate calculated way they operate. Profits over people is their real motto. They will cut labor and work everyone to the bone. No holiday (or any) bonuses not even christmas cookies in the break room for people working on Christmas eve!
    They pay low wages.(and forget about earning more with raises.)The maximum you could get at my store, if you did a really really good job! Was .30 an hour extra per year.
    They do not have a cohesive safety program for the stores in place which is quite alarming. I am surprised OSHA has not been in there investigating.
    There is a good ol boys network at the top and into upper management that is quite sexist. Ask for a raise as a woman and you might be told. " your husband just needs to make more money so you can work here". Real quote.
    I have seen stores open and close in under a year. Very badly managed chain.

Advice to Management

Get the sexism out of the company. Pay workers a decent living wage. & give them the opportunity for actual measurable raises based on performance. Stop cutting the labor budget. Get a cohesive company wide safety program.
    Show the employees that you recognize that they are human beings and have value around the holidays ( & everyday!). For instance cookies in the break room and a holiday bonus/ gift card... Something!!! Would go a long way to show that you appreciate your workers.

10. not a good company to work for

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Asheville, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Asheville, NC

I have been working at Earth Fare (Less than a year)

Pros

The hourly people you work with are amazing.

Cons

The management is extremely unseasoned. There is no real leadership in the company. What you get paid compared to your workload is not fair to the hourly employee. Their presentation of the company compared to reality is very askewed

Advice to Management

Learn how to properly manage people.

11. Bakery

I have been working at Earth Fare full-time

Pros

Great coworkers, fun job, fun customers.

Cons

Some of the management is a little off.

Advice to Management

Work on making sure you have enough people hired to cover shifts if people get sick.

RSS Feed </> Embed