Earth Resources Technology, Inc.

www.ertcorp.com

Reset
3.5
Jing LI Yang

1. Fun company and helpful management

Pros

Quick responses to all inquiries, fun atmosphere while getting work done, management eager to offer guidance if you are eager to learn

Cons

Obviously as another reviewer stated, ERT is not based on a Silicon Valley culture; so although the people are friendly, there are few young people and some systems in the company could be updated

2. Good company for employees just starting out.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Pros

okay benefits, steady employment

Cons

they are a consulting company that does not have flexibility for growth. they have contracts and salaries must conform to the contract.

3. Bad choice of recruitment when filling leadership spots

I worked at Earth Resources Technology, Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company pays on time and HR is responsive.

Cons

ERT is infamous for hiring Project Managers or Contract leads that simply don't possess any work ethic and instead only know how to talk. They are then forced to let go of these PMs once the contract is driven to the ground and the client is furiously upset. Of course leading a bad mark on the company.

Advice to Management

Make note on lessons learned from previous mistakes, extremely with management recruitment.

5. Breath of Fresh Air

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenbelt, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenbelt, MD

I have been working at Earth Resources Technology, Inc. (Less than a year)

Pros

Compared to the other contractors I have worked for, this one is a breath of fresh air. Atmosphere is easy going, not a lot of company demands on my time, so I am free to do the best I can do for the client. Useful monthly meetings at contractor site, with lunch hosted by ERT, has enabled me to meet all my colleagues and network. Easy going manager, available when needed--always gets back to me same day. Flexible on leave. They are winning contracts and expanding quickly.

Cons

Definitely lowballed me on the offer because they new they were the only game in town at the moment on where I wanted to go.

Advice to Management

Keep up what you are doing, by and large. Resist the temptation to become like other contractors and load employees down with stuff that takes time away from the actual work. Keep it like a family.

6. Accounting

Pros

Friendly work environment. effective and efficient

Cons

sometimes could be more flexible

7. Good Company to start your career

Former Employee - Applications Developer/Programmer in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Applications Developer/Programmer in Denver, CO

I worked at Earth Resources Technology, Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good place to groom your skills. Good pay but horrible pay schedule Good Benefits

Cons

Still a growing company. No tools, poor communication with management They treat workers without regard, your sub-contract could end anytime and you would be out of a job and the management would leave you in the dark. Need more robust infrastructure. They need to take care of the staff in remote locations and not make them feel neglected Management is hapazard

Advice to Management

The management needs serious restructuring. Money cannot be the goal.

8. Not good.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

I have been working at Earth Resources Technology, Inc. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Co-workers & peers are pleasant.

Cons

The management team from the top down is ineffectual and lack basic management 101 skills. Rather than help improve performance of an employee, they fire them - a costly move. They don't believe in positive reinforcement. High turnover!

Advice to Management

Take courses in best management practices. Build a culture.

9. My ERT experiance, A job satisfaction that I haven't felt for a long time

Current Employee - Programs/Quality Coordinator in Laurel, MD
    Current Employee - Programs/Quality Coordinator in Laurel, MD

I have been working at Earth Resources Technology, Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

More responsibilities beyond work expectations. More depth of involvement in management decisions. High value for human resources. A winner team.

Cons

Still a growing company. Need more robust infrastructure.

Advice to Management

I give my advice to management on a daily basis!

10. Project Manager

I worked at Earth Resources Technology, Inc. full-time

Pros

Good pay. Good benefits (before Affordable Heathcare Act).

Cons

The company is comprised of stand-alone contract units that are scattered throughout the US. My experience is that the company hungrily grabbed/won a government contract, hired a person who had previously worked on the contract (under another company) to "manage", and simply forgot about the contract and unit. It was a disaster. The individual who "managed" the unit and contract had no business being in charge of anything, and the entire contract was ripe with unprofessional behavior, personality disordered conduct, and bullying. In summary---perhaps not all of ERT's units are the same in culture, but the fact that the company would allow such misbehavior and dysfunction is evidence of a greater problem. I do not recommend the company as an employer to anyone.

Advice to Management

Take some courses. Learn about culture. If not, you will entirely fail sooner or later, or get the heck sued out of you. The fish rots from the head down.

11. Aims high

I have been working at Earth Resources Technology, Inc. full-time

Pros

Proactive approach to management Strong customer-service orientation Responsive to employee needs Driven to grow and succeed Respectful of work-life balance issues Sound communications and transparency across organizational levels

Cons

Small company trying to compete with the big dogs can be challenging for business development

RSS Feed </> Embed