Earth Resources Technology, Inc.

www.ertcorp.com

Jing LI Yang

Good experience

Current Employee - Software Developer
    Current Employee - Software Developer

I have been working at Earth Resources Technology, Inc. full-time for more than a year

Pros

benefits
    good work environment at client site
    work-life balance

Cons

contract bidding every 3 or 5yrs

Run of the mill contracting company

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  Silver Spring, MD
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Silver Spring, MD

I worked at Earth Resources Technology, Inc. full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good benefits, nice holiday party. Freedom to do what you want to do.

Cons

Not much support from company. Easy to feel alone. I haven't even been to the company HQ.

Be more pro active in gauging talent and invest in your employees.

Lots of turnover

Former Employee - Linux/Unix Systems Administrator  in  Silver Spring, MD
    Former Employee - Linux/Unix Systems Administrator in Silver Spring, MD

I worked at Earth Resources Technology, Inc. as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Good pay, benefits, and less micro management. Nice office location. They did a good job at getting paperwork started.

Cons

The company seemed too good to be true, as far a growth opportunities. Beware before signing it says:
    ... you retain the option,as does ERT, of ending your employment with the Company at any time with or without notice.

Spare me the drama. Treat people with better respect, I thought the company had a lackluster approach evaluating its progress.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Competitive Marketplace

Current Employee - Environmental Scientist  in  Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Environmental Scientist in Mountain View, CA

Pros

Pretty good work/life balance allowed for flex schedules. On-site management tries to tend to employee needs, but it seems as if he is overworked thus can not attend to minor issues.

Cons

Salary is not competitive and raises are minimal despite my contract being in Silicon Valley. Health care options are ok and expensive for families. No opportunity for advancement since management is hired directly.

Terrible

Former Employee - Software Engineer  in  Silver Spring, MD
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Silver Spring, MD

I worked at Earth Resources Technology, Inc. full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company/managers barely communicated with me one on one for most part of my employment and considering my experience when they finally did, that was a good thing.

Cons

Ethnicity based company whose manager blatantly favors and sneaks unprofessionally with her subordinates. With the manager and the CEO's petty and non existing leadership , their approach for dealing with work place conflict with the customer is, at best, to watch on the sideline and side with an awful, bully customer managers when the opportunity present itself

Learn to be less vicious and embrace diversity.

Just OK

Current Employee - Scientist
    Current Employee - Scientist

I have been working at Earth Resources Technology, Inc. full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

the company's growing. typical government contractor. not the worst company to work for, but definitely not the best.

Cons

can't really say that they care about or take care of their employees. all they really care is to get more contract. IMHO, cheap on salary and benefit's getting lousy

care for your employees and take care of your employees

Terrible company. You can be treated better as a McDonald's fry cook or assembling electronics at a factory in Asia.

I have been working at Earth Resources Technology, Inc. full-time

Pros

-lunch break
    -leaving at the end of the day.
    -the days when management presence is less, so that you don't feel suffocated or lorded over for once.

Cons

-Awful compensation. To reference the review title, you can probably make more at McDonald's.
    -Management doesn't care, they will just replace you with someone else, even if that person is inexperienced and results in projects/budgets suffering.
    -Management doesn't have a clue how to treat people or manage projects.
    -Asked to work hours more than you are compensated for.

Treat your employees as something other than an avenue to your potential bonus. Most below you don't get bonuses, which is something you could address. And just treating people better in general, instead of like cattle.

Cut-throat, profit-driven contractor cares nothing about employees

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Asheville, NC
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Asheville, NC

Pros

Probably they won't be around during the next contract bid period, if you can last that long.

Cons

1.5 yrs after taking over govt contract (I'd been there 7 years) they gave me an 18% non-performance-related pay cut to make more $ off my position.

Profit is the bottom line. The message from management is, "If they don't like it, let the market do the talking." Seriously. Management said that on multiple occasions to supervisors.

You are probably right that relying on a 20% turnover rate increases profit. And it does not matter to you if people leave and you replace them with unqualified replacements. Aren't you smart? Too bad about the projects which are affected, not to mention the people.

Kind of a joke

Former Employee - Staff Scientist II
    Former Employee - Staff Scientist II

I worked at Earth Resources Technology, Inc. full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- normally lots of work
    - great place to get networked with real companies
    - primarily hire from without

Cons

- fair to poor pay
    - non-existant growth opportunities within the company
    - primarily do not hire from within

Stop treating non-lifers like rented mules. The high turnover is a self-fulfilling prophecy. Responsibility for the companies failings is yours. It can't be subcontracted; you're the common denominator.

A body shop where the customer is always right and the employee is always wrong

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Silver Spring, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

I worked at Earth Resources Technology, Inc. full-time for more than a year

Pros

Primary contract is onsite work with NOAA. That ensures an 8 hour workday, a schedule that matches the government, and it's convenient to the metro and buses. Some of the work is very interesting and there are opportunities for lateral moves across projects if you want a change.

Cons

The company doesn't stand up for its employees even when the customer may be out of line or just plain wrong. Quick to fire. Despite the contract not being personal services the company allows meet and greets that equal interviews. Task orders are won or lost strictly on price and the company grows (and shrinks) by winning work from other companies and absorbing their employees.

Treating people fairly doesn't really take much more effort than ignoring them.

Worked for Earth Resources Technology, Inc.? Contribute to the Community!