Earth Resources Technology, Inc.

www.ertcorp.com

Earth Resources Technology, Inc. Reviews in Silver Spring, MD

Updated August 27, 2014
Updated August 27, 2014

2.6

Jing LI Yang

5 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Run of the mill contracting company

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  Silver Spring, MD
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Silver Spring, MD

I worked at Earth Resources Technology, Inc. full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good benefits, nice holiday party. Freedom to do what you want to do.

Cons

Not much support from company. Easy to feel alone. I haven't even been to the company HQ.

Be more pro active in gauging talent and invest in your employees.

Terrible

Former Employee - Software Engineer  in  Silver Spring, MD
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Silver Spring, MD

I worked at Earth Resources Technology, Inc. full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company/managers barely communicated with me one on one for most part of my employment and considering my experience when they finally did, that was a good thing.

Cons

Ethnicity based company whose manager blatantly favors and sneaks unprofessionally with her subordinates. With the manager and the CEO's petty and non existing leadership , their approach for dealing with work place conflict with the customer is, at best, to watch on the sideline and side with an awful, bully customer managers when the opportunity present itself

Learn to be less vicious and embrace diversity.

A body shop where the customer is always right and the employee is always wrong

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Silver Spring, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

I worked at Earth Resources Technology, Inc. full-time for more than a year

Pros

Primary contract is onsite work with NOAA. That ensures an 8 hour workday, a schedule that matches the government, and it's convenient to the metro and buses. Some of the work is very interesting and there are opportunities for lateral moves across projects if you want a change.

Cons

The company doesn't stand up for its employees even when the customer may be out of line or just plain wrong. Quick to fire. Despite the contract not being personal services the company allows meet and greets that equal interviews. Task orders are won or lost strictly on price and the company grows (and shrinks) by winning work from other companies and absorbing their employees.

Treating people fairly doesn't really take much more effort than ignoring them.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Pleasant company

Former Employee - Software Engineer  in  Silver Spring, MD
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Silver Spring, MD

I worked at Earth Resources Technology, Inc. full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The HR department is very helpful. Good benefits.

Cons

If you work off-site, you will not feel connected to the people at HQ who you only see at the yearly Holiday party.

It's your typical minority contractor start-up

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Silver Spring, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

I have been working at Earth Resources Technology, Inc.

Pros

As a woman- and minority-owned company, ERT is poised to receive minority set-asides for government work, so there's a constant flow of new business. They do they to do right by their employees, but the small size of the organization can hamper some of that.

Cons

It's best described as a "Mom and Pop" shop. When I was hired, I was informed they salary I asked for was at the maximum for my job function, and my salary has been flat the entire time I've been here. In addition, there's not much leverage for benefits, so there's one choice for health insurance, etc. Sometimes you get a day's pay as a bonus. Better than nothing, don't budget it for holiday shopping.

Instead of allocating bonuses, etc. by salary percentage, be open to other ways of sharing the wealth like taking on the funding of flex benefit plans, making the payments a flat rate instead of percentage.

Worked for Earth Resources Technology, Inc.? Contribute to the Community!