Earth Tech - Long Beach, CA

Add Photos

Alan P. Krusi

Great place to work

Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) Long Beach, CA

ProsAwesome place to work. Friendly staff. Developed and learn new skills.

ConsNot enough room for advancement.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote from within.

"Road to Nowhere!!"

Environmental Technician (Former Employee) Richmond, VA

ProsGood benefits, decent pay, nice hours, ability to travel the country

ConsBeing away from family/friends, lack of growth

Human Resources

HRM (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsGreat Company/Benefits were very competetive

ConsToo much chaos and confusion with implementing new programs

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A Decent Place to Work

Product Engineer (Former Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsEarth Tech supports its employees and recognizes a good job done. There is good cross-fertilization of ideas between divisions. People are friendly and help each other, with a few exceptions (aren't there always?).

ConsBureaucracy, bureaucracy, bureaucracy. Swaddled in red tape. So much employee training that it seems like the company does it to cover their behinds.

Whenever I asked HR for information, they would refer me to some obscure, difficult to find webpage that often needed interpretation by the same person who told me to look there.

The intranet function for reporting hours worked against various projects is arcane and complicated, even for someone with great familiarity with computers.

Advice to Senior ManagementSimplify!

Great people, crappy management.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI met a ton of great people during my tenure. There are several very talented individuals that are self-taught and happy to share their expertise.

ConsIt seems that work ethic and ability have little to do with being promoted. There was a definite "boys club" in the office; late projects, bad client reviews, blown budgets were not considered a problem for anyone in this group. The true workers in the office were never recognized for their efforts.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake the blinders off and look at the office in detail. You've got a ton of great people at your disposal. There are also a bunch of folks that need to be shown the door; you're just too "busy" to do anything about it.

A once company great company that has fallen down.

Accounting Supervisor (Former Employee) Richmond, VA

ProsThis job allowed me to maintain a healthy work/life balance. I was able to meet and work with intelligent people who when given the opportunity had some very creative ideas. Unfortunetely they weren't always afforded those opportunities.

ConsThe company was poorly managed and lacked the open channels of communication necessary to succeed in the industry. The management team micromanaged every aspect of the business leading to inefficient processes and disgruntled employees. The lack of recognition unless you were one of the "chosen ones" fueled this discontent. I was not shocked that Tyco divested them. Hopefully AECOM can turn them around.

Advice to Senior ManagementShift the power back down the chain of command and stop hindering open, honest communcation. Seek feedback and opinion before making large-scale decisions. Engage the people who are most affected by change early in a new project instead of blindsiding people.

Stepping stone of experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsVariety of projects and resources allow for a diversity of information and knowledge.

ConsThe management changed too often and promotions and lateral movement within the company was not a cultural aspect., which resulted in lack of understanding and leadership, respect of management. Lack of training and strategic HR..

Large and bureaucratic, but with a corporate focus on employees

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Proshad a corporate focus on employee satisfaction

Conslarge and bureaucratic at times

Typical engineering firm that has undergone change since being acquired by AECom

Manager (Former Employee)

Prosglobal reach, development opportunities, work/life balance, nice people, quality facilities

Consculturally boring, overly complex infrastructure, too many layers, clock punching mentality, status quo

Advice to Senior Managementcompany was acquired by AECom so leadership has changed...

Worked for Earth Tech - Long Beach, CA? Contribute to the Community!