EarthLink

EarthLink Reviews

Updated Jul 19, 2014

EarthLink President & CEO Joseph Eazor

Joseph Eazor

Pros
  • I've also found the culture and management to be very supportive of work-life balance(in 11 reviews)

• Good if you are looking for just a paycheck not a career , a lot of good people to learn from(in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management runs with some ideas without realizing how they affect the employees(in 11 reviews)

• The customer service reps don't get trained as frequently as the salespeople, which makes no sense(in 9 reviews)

The early days were amazing.

Network Engineer (Former Employee) Pasadena, CA

ProsIn the early days of Earthlink there was a team of only awesome engineers, system administrators, and developers. It was thrilling to be a part of that team.

ConsThere were a lot of big egos and some 'prima dona' behaviour was tolerated.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on your talent pool. Great people is what made Earthlnk great, and it will take great people to stay great.

The place is a joke

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat product set that no one can speak to, implement or support.

ConsOrders don't turn up. Quotas are unrealistic. Management operates on a CYA mentality. No communication between teams. Ask one question and get 5 different answers. Everything is outsourced. Support from management to be successful is non existent.

Advice to Senior ManagementSupport your teams instead of doing enough to keep your job. You are the real problem with the company.

EarthLink pushed me learn more and work as a team. They over prepared me for my next job.

Data Analyst (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsFast paced, great teams, very smart people

ConsUncertainty of current business path

Advice to Senior Managementnone

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A company without direction

Network Engineer (Current Employee) Pittsford, NY

ProsOne positive aspect,is that they do have training programs available such as Cisco CCENT / CCNA, VMWare ete and they have been flexible for working remotely. They also trust our team to do our thing with minimal micro-management.

ConsThis company has not been very straight forward with the direction they are heading. Management is secretive about plans and you are left in the dark a lot of the time. They like to buy out companies, then do nothing with them and subsequently shut them down, leaving you behind, putting on a front that they care and value you.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement has been unprofessional overall and will leave you assuming the worst when it comes to job security. They make seemingly snap decisions that have a real impact without any real discourse.

Positive Company in Transition

ProsNew guidance and strategy with change in CEO.

ConsConstant transition is unsettling to many; at a certain point the company most establish a strategy and move forward 100% with goals.

Advice to Senior ManagementCoach effectively.

Very positive, in time of change

Marketing Manager (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsLots of visibility into changing strategy.

ConsDifficult regulatory environment and challenging economic landscape.

Advice to Senior ManagementInnovation remains important

I enjoyed working with my team

Engineer (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsCo-workers, good customer accounts, strong in retail segment - building IT services to compete better within that segment

ConsInternal process/systems - 12-18 months behind competition on services offered..

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter communication to employes -

A solid company with a shrinking market for it's product

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat compensation, solid management, product creates cash while costs of delivering decrease every day.

ConsShrinking market for the core product

Advice to Senior ManagementInnovate.

Worst experiance in a layoff I have ever had. No respect was shown as ALL impacted employees were cut off from e mail

ProsSome very good senior managers

ConsNeed to listen to the employees more

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to staff even when you wont like what you hear

Excellent Company, Excellent People

Senior Manager (Current Employee)

ProsSolid, consistent core values and beliefs. Outstanding individuals to work with, customer focus, integrity, and flexibility. Employees are encouraged to work autonomously and all are viewed as key contributors.

ConsThe workforce is located in a number of different locations, so if you aren't an effective communicator, it can be challenging. Also, due to the number of different companies that have been acquired in recent years, there are different cultures that are in the process of blending together.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work!

Worked for EarthLink? Contribute to the Community!