EarthLink Reviews

Updated September 28, 2014
2.7

EarthLink President & CEO Joseph Eazor
Joseph Eazor

Pros
  • I've also found the culture and management to be very supportive of work-life balance (in 12 reviews)

• Good if you are looking for just a paycheck not a career , a lot of good people to learn from (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Company seems to be headed towards bankruptcy and Senior Management is grasping at straws to stay afloat (in 11 reviews)

• Upper management runs with some ideas without realizing how they affect the employees (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights

This company has potential - hang in there

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

I have been working at EarthLink full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great People - part of what keeps me here is the people I work with. Even when it's a little chaotic - we keep each other going. Everyone really is trying to do the "right things" to move us forward.

Cons

Old Thinking - part of what I think keeps holding us back is people who have been here too long and don't understand that for this company to evolve and grow, we have to constantly review how we currently do things and make necessary adjustments.

People in positions of management should be agents of change and the leadership positions underneath should mirror that thought process.

Great Opportunity for Change

Former Employee - Anonymous  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Atlanta, GA

I worked at EarthLink full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Hands down the people are the greatest asset of the company, especially the longer the tenure. Those who have been there 7+ years have established a great working rapport with each other, and try to encourage newer employees to do the same. Your coworkers want you to feel like part of the family, and most have an open door to support your needs. The benefits are excellent and the company has always looked for opportunities to care for its employees.

Cons

After Garry's passing, a lot of life seemed to go out of the company. While a few of the innovations we tried to execute didn't pan out the way we hoped, we at least tried to reach for the sky and come up with new ideas. The more recent projects were designed to be stable, safe initiatives to benefit the bottom line. Absolutely nothing wrong with that, after all we still have shareholders we owe responsible work to, but everything seemed so vanilla and uninspired. New personnel that came in and had never worked with the founding team carry a haughty attitude that reflects a, "you're doing everything wrong," approach. The result deflated the creative ideas those of us left from the golden days pursued, and the idea of encouraging new creativity seemed discouraged. What's worse is that those in upper managment left from Garry's team seem burned out and just as equally uninspired to try something new. Work became a tedius labor.

I would hope that Joe Eazor might reach out to some of those tenured dreamers and find a way to make Earthlink a truly fun place to work again instead of just maintaining the staus quo. There are a lot of great people still there, just not a lot of energy behind the leadership.

Great Company

Current Employee - Senior Accountant
    Current Employee - Senior Accountant

I have been working at EarthLink full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Easy going work environment. The office attire was business casual, and a younger culture with very intelligent workforce.

Cons

Office Politics; the extended hours during month-end close.

Continue with current culture, minus the office politics

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Company with a lot of potential

I worked at EarthLink

Pros

The environment here is very challenging and fast paced. Lots of bright, intelligent and creative people here with can-do attitudes. The geographic diversity of the company brings many different and insightful perspectives to the table.

Cons

Sometimes, depending on the situation, the geographic spread of the company can also be a hindrance to projects, with teams working in different time zones.

Tech Care Analyst

Former Employee - Tech Care Analyst (Help Desk)  in  Amherst, NY
    Former Employee - Tech Care Analyst (Help Desk) in Amherst, NY

I worked at EarthLink full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great Supervisors to work with at the Amherst, NY EarthLink. They really try to motivate employees to improve their skills. They are true leaders. They don't boss anyone around. They LEAD.
    The director has really changed the place. He is a man of VISION. He really made an impact when he started working at the place. I know because i was there when the old director was around.
    -This position is a stepping stone for anyone who wants to experience working in a technical field.

Cons

-Under paid for such a technical position.
    -Too many frustrating calls sometimes. Then again that's part of the job.

Growing Pains

I have been working at EarthLink full-time

Pros

Focus on business with lots of opportunity for growth, if you're in the right department.

Cons

Constant restructuring due to growing pains and product alignments.

Company totally disorganized and without direction for future market penetrations and maintain existing accounts.

Former Employee - Account Executive
    Former Employee - Account Executive

I worked at EarthLink full-time

Pros

Compensation and Benefits were decent.

Cons

Lack of organization. Lack of upper management direction.

Earthlink So
    So

Current Employee - Systems Engineer  in  Vancouver Junction, WA
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Vancouver Junction, WA

I have been working at EarthLink full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Telecommute, work from home, insurance`

Cons

No loyalty to employees whatsoever

Great people, terrible company to work for

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

I have been working at EarthLink full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The people are nice. We have a decent amount of team building activities on the surface, but it doesn't accomplish much. Core values were great until they got changed to some wishy washy verbage. Work/life balance is great!

Cons

The company experiences nothing but change, and not in a positive way. Lots of busy work. It spends so much time trying to change, but not working towards improvement. Not a lot of room for growth. Does not support professional development beyond in-house online trainings. Lots of layoffs every month. Every day I hear others talk about wanting to leave this place. Penny pinching left and right unless there's a risk of a lawsuit involved.

Consider paying closer attention to what is being accomplished around the company, and clean house if people don't fit your vision.

Company is shaping to Sell!!

Former Employee - Sales  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL

I worked at EarthLink full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good Comp Plan. that is all I can really say.

Cons

Company has no idea what's going on across the Country. DSL is there money maker in 2014. Favorable company if you are in the south or rural areas where the big Telecom players are not in.

You will soon be let go.... as I saw that happen 3 times in 5 months.....

Worked for EarthLink? Contribute to the Community!