EarthLink Reviews

Updated August 26, 2014

2.7

EarthLink President & CEO Joseph Eazor
Joseph Eazor

Pros
  • I've also found the culture and management to be very supportive of work-life balance (in 11 reviews)

• Good if you are looking for just a paycheck not a career , a lot of good people to learn from (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Company seems to be headed towards bankruptcy and Senior Management is grasping at straws to stay afloat (in 11 reviews)

• Upper management runs with some ideas without realizing how they affect the employees (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights

Company with a lot of potential

I worked at EarthLink

Pros

The environment here is very challenging and fast paced. Lots of bright, intelligent and creative people here with can-do attitudes. The geographic diversity of the company brings many different and insightful perspectives to the table.

Cons

Sometimes, depending on the situation, the geographic spread of the company can also be a hindrance to projects, with teams working in different time zones.

Tech Care Analyst

Former Employee - Tech Care Analyst (Help Desk)  in  Amherst, NY
    Former Employee - Tech Care Analyst (Help Desk) in Amherst, NY

I worked at EarthLink full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great Supervisors to work with at the Amherst, NY EarthLink. They really try to motivate employees to improve their skills. They are true leaders. They don't boss anyone around. They LEAD.
    The director has really changed the place. He is a man of VISION. He really made an impact when he started working at the place. I know because i was there when the old director was around.
    -This position is a stepping stone for anyone who wants to experience working in a technical field.

Cons

-Under paid for such a technical position.
    -Too many frustrating calls sometimes. Then again that's part of the job.

Earthlink So
    So

Current Employee - Systems Engineer  in  Vancouver Junction, WA
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Vancouver Junction, WA

I have been working at EarthLink full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Telecommute, work from home, insurance`

Cons

No loyalty to employees whatsoever

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Company is shaping to Sell!!

Former Employee - Sales  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL

I worked at EarthLink full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good Comp Plan. that is all I can really say.

Cons

Company has no idea what's going on across the Country. DSL is there money maker in 2014. Favorable company if you are in the south or rural areas where the big Telecom players are not in.

You will soon be let go.... as I saw that happen 3 times in 5 months.....

Great place to make a career.

Current Employee - Network Engineer  in  Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Network Engineer in Rochester, NY

I have been working at EarthLink full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

EarthLink has a very flexible PTO pollicy and they encourage a work life balance. I've been with the company for more than a decade and you won't find a better place to work in the telecom and IT industry if you are a competent employee.

Cons

Due to the number of mergers and acquisitions it can be tough getting used to the different systems and processes. However, as long as you are able to adapt to changing envoiornments, most things are easy enough to learn and the company understands the ramp up time needed.

Evolving Company with Exciting Path Ahead

Current Employee - Senior Manager
    Current Employee - Senior Manager

I have been working at EarthLink full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

EarthLink is a 20-year technology prioneer with a solid new management leadership team and strategy. Personally, I enjoy that each day my work is varied, challenging, and impactful to the company. The company is large enough to offer solid benefits and support, yet not too large where you wonder whether what you do each day actually matters to our customers and colleagues!

Cons

There is a very real sense among many employees that experience, tenure and career pathing are not valued here. I'd encourage our HR leaders to put a lot of energy into righting that ship. Sales and employee training is also in need of attention.

Listen more to the advice from top-performing, tenured employees who might not necessarily be people managers.

Excellent company with great Values. Heading in the right direction.

Current Employee - Senior Director  in  Pasadena, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Director in Pasadena, CA

I have been working at EarthLink full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Company is very passionate about Customer Experience. Encourages employee growth of skill sets and learning. Cares deeply about Brand perception and will move heaven and earth to solve issues that lead to bad customer experience. Very creative and open environment. Every employee has access to email the CEO directly with concerns. Always looking for ways to be better and smarter in the competitive space yet works hard to balance that operational plan with fiscal responsibility.

Cons

Challenges include many recent re-organization's that can lead to undefined roles and responsibilities. That said the company makes great efforts to pinpoint and target those area's that need refinement. Promotions within can be sparse until the company fully operationalizes it's new direction but there ARE opportunities for those who want to make an impact.

Continue on this new path and keep the entire company focused on these central new goals and direction. Keep the communication coming and cascade the new direction and focus throughout the company as quickly as possible.

Good place to work

Current Employee - Marketing  in  Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Marketing in Rochester, NY

I have been working at EarthLink full-time for more than a year

Pros

People treat each other with respect, and are really focused on doing the right thing for the business and customers - In my 18 months here I've rarely if ever experienced self-promotion/back stabbing type behavior that I've seen at almost every other company I've worked for. Senior leadership is accessible/approachable and interested in what employees have to say. I've also found the culture and management to be very supportive of work-life balance.

Cons

Functional silos, although it's getting better. Company was formed through acquisition of regional service providers, so there are the inevitable systems and process issues, but things are getting better - on the right path.

Earthlink is not there yet but finally has a map on how to get there!!

Current Employee - Business Development Representative  in  Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Rochester, NY

I have been working at EarthLink full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I have been here for almost 10 years and been through the many mergers. When Earthlink came in they helped save a sinking ship. Management understands that people should come first. Where else do you get 4 weeks of PTO right away and flexible working arrangements. If you are willing to grow and learn then Earthlink will help you get there.

Cons

The pay could be a bit more competitive. It is sometimes hard for long term employees to let go of old ways and enbrace the new. It can get in the way sometimes. They also need to get rid off the off shore internal help desk and bring back customer service to the USA. They need to provide a unifrom trainig for all emplyess bit old and new. Too many systems to do one simple task.

Keep foused on what needs to be fixed and stick with that. Please do not add new products or services until you fix all the current issues.

Moving in the right direction

Current Employee - Marketing Manager  in  Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Rochester, NY

I have been working at EarthLink full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company is starting to move in the right direction, and with the new CEO Joe Eazor and his executive team you can start to see a vision that will lift EarthLink out of the fog into a focused network and multi-location provider. The people I work with are awesome and take both a pride in their work and care about making the company an awesome place. I look forward to 2015 after we get through all of the transitions the company is going through today.

Cons

Because we are a large company with many different systems through acquisition glued together all the process of reorganizing and focusing the company is moving painfully slow. EarthLink has two segments to their business both Enterprise and Consumer. We tend to treat our consumer customers as bottom of the barrel and the level of support we provide could easily be labeled the worst in the industry. It's honestly embarrassing.

Keep moving in the direction you've stated and let's get their sooner rather then later. Time is moving quickly. Please spend some money to improve the experience and support the consumer side of your business. While you may not think that it matters, it is hurting your brand.

Worked for EarthLink? Contribute to the Community!