East Carolina University

Be The First To
Add Photos

East Carolina University Chancellor Steve Ballard

Steve Ballard

Pros
  • Greenville is a great place to live and an excellent location(in 7 reviews)

• Always striving for excellence, setting student's education as a priority, and investing in faculty and staff to excel at their jobs(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • lack of cost of living raise, tight state budget, have to pay for parking(in 3 reviews)

• It is in a small town, though this only bolsters the school spirit within the community(in 2 reviews)

50 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Student worker

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Greenville, NC

ProsGreat to be on campus. Easy access and good benefits of being an employee as well.

ConsMost hiring managers won't hire you for a second job if you work on campus.

Great place to work.

Research Specialist (Former Employee) Greenville, NC

ProsStability. Career branding created some mobility.

ConsSPA employees have stability, but are unable to get raises based on merit. Laziness gets rewarded as often as hard work, so can become demoralizing after a while. SPA employees forced into pension with no match.

Fun

Teaching Instructor (Former Employee) Greenville, NC

ProsInteresting working with students, course designs are a plus, great school spirit, really nice weather, pay is okay.

ConsParking is a pain, students are always on the phone, pretty much the usual with any university nowadays, not too many negatives.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great experience, want to return!

College of Business Lab Technician (Former Employee) Greenville, NC

ProsOpinion truly considered, even as "just a student"

ConsNone I can think of

A university that provides good opportunities for employment

Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) Greenville, NC

ProsJob provides some flexibility in scheduling to accommodate student's schedules. Decent experience and average pay for the position and responsibilities.

ConsThe university administrator system is bloated and clumsy. Too many politics. Not enough funding where it counts. The quality of people in management varies but that is typical for any job. The administration moves slowly so it can be difficult to plan ahead at the beginning of each semester.

Restrictive

Research Fellow (Former Employee) Greenville, NC

ProsVery friendly and welcoming people work here. They don't behave like you're invisible.

ConsGenerally not open to new ideas. They definitely want you to fit into the mold and nothing else. There was a huge emphasis on keeping my hours accurate rather than producing actual results--disappointing.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy contract was for one year only. There is a huge turn-over in the patent office, and the refusal not to extend your contract gives you the feeling that you're disposable.

Great

Teaching Assistant Professor (Former Employee) Greenville, NC

ProsThere are flexiable hours and time

ConsThere were no cons it was great

Advice to Senior ManagementLeadership, management, money, skills and so on

University with identify problem

Assistant Professor (Current Employee) Greenville, NC

ProsWithin various department, the faculty are wonderful, committed, and creative.

ConsAdministration is horrible - removed faculty governance and fail to respond to faculty, students, or research trends in deciding what to do. This is a regional institution and not primarily research focused so work load is high. Despite this, there is an administrative shift toward research as central focus.

Advice to Senior ManagementReturn to joint or shared governance, respond to and collaborate with faculty.

Great Experience

Student Bus Operator (Former Employee) Greenville, NC

ProsGreat place to work, You pick your hours therefore very flexible, there is always someone to help if you have a question Dispatch always has the answer.

ConsThere is favorites with management so policies are not enforced with certain people.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay on top of everything by emailing people back.

Graduate Assistant - College of Business

Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) Greenville, NC

ProsGreat opportunity for tuition assistance and possibilities of developing good relationships with the professor who will be able to assist you if you have any specific questions/ resume critiques and industry inside information based on their personal experiences.

ConsSometime unbalanced workload depending on the examination periods or searcher requirement from the professors. The job can be tedious.

Advice to Senior ManagementEncourage students to apply for graduate assistantship.

Worked for East Carolina University? Contribute to the Community!