East Houston Regional Medical Center

East Houston Regional Medical Center Reviews

Updated Jul 12, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Excellent place to learn your trade

Emergency Room RN (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsI worked in the ER at East Houston because nobody wanted to give a new grad a chance. You will learn how to do more than you can imagine if you open up and learn. Self scheduling, free parking, great doctors, nurses, staff in general. Good rapport with local EMS agencies. Fantastic opportunity. You will get out what you put in.

ConsInsurance is not great, tuition reimbursement is not great, pay is competitive. Lots of grumbling by everyone in every department but every job is that way I suppose. We all can't work for Google. Lack of accountability at times leads others to just do enough to get by.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter insurance, better reimbursement for tuition. Force accountability, raise the pay, cut the staff that consistently gets over and drags down morale. Make this a place a first choice in employment instead of a last option.

Love the people; HCA policies are rediculous.

Registered Nurse (Current Employee)

ProsSmall hospital, friendly environment. Cross-training encouraged. Good benefits.

ConsThey do not pay competitively. Policies are over-bearing.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your employees more competitively and you won't have such high turn-over.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

this place sucks

Prosfree parking,dark scrubs, i cant think of anymore

Conslack of transporters, they do not pay time and a half on most holidays, area is ugly, they r big on productivity,cafeteria sucks

Advice to Senior Managementpay time and a half on holidays otherwise the only people that will be working there are people that need a job desperately because they couldn't get hired anywhere else, be competitive in pay and dont worry about productivity so much as quality.

Worked for East Houston Regional Medical Center? Contribute to the Community!