East Side Mario's

www.eastsidemarios.com

East Side Mario's Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

Company with integrity, fantastic people and great business - just wish they compensated better

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsMario's has an all-star team of employees that really is like a family. There is definitely an open-door policy company-wide and everyone respects one another. The principles that Mario has built the company on are something to be proud of and the community truly respects the company. A small company allows everyone to learn a lot about each division and have a well-rounded knowledge of everyone's role. Great benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and a retail discount is great compared to other retail companies. Option for 401(k) contribution and flex spending account.

ConsTalented team of individuals that is not compensated as well as they should be. The compensation is nowhere near up to par with similar roles in other companies and there is not an annual review for a raise (must pursue on your own).

Advice to Senior ManagementIf management paid employees at a reasonable rate there would not be a high turnover, everyone would want to stay. Also, should branch out to new customer base so as to break the barrier that the company is snobby.

Needs work

Server (Former Employee) Rochester, MI

ProsGreat Co-workers, sometimes big parties

ConsConsistently low business and tips, incompetent management and extremely slow bartenders

The core values of the brand resonate with what I believe in: family, food and fun

General Manager (Current Employee)

ProsAbility to learn all aspects of the restaurant business, always challenging

ConsThe industry now makes it hard to balance personal and professional life

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Nice company to work for

Server (Former Employee) Brampton, ON (Canada)

Prosowners worked in the restaurant, low staff turn around, opportunity for advancement, good atmosphere, good tips

Consevening and weekend shifts most common, fast pace environment, always on your feet, no time for breaks, depend heavily on tips

Hostess

Hostess (Former Employee) Markham, ON (Canada)

Pros- other hostesses and servers are fairly nice

Cons- managers aren't honest (will take money off your pay check if you don't confront them)
    - managers force you to donate for breast cancer research by saying that it's mandatory
    - not a lot of shifts (only one full time employee because they dont want to pay for benefits)
    - been called for 1 hour shifts (shifts are not set, you will be dismissed when it's not busy)
    - they change your shifts without telling you and expect you to know
    - a bunch of employees got money stolen from their bags (was told to leave bag in this 'safe place')
    - food is all frozen
    - there's a lot of fruit flies and food left open in the back
    - no free food, you have 20% off menu only if you eat in

Advice to Senior Management- be more organized
    - treat your employees better
    - do not take advantage of employees
    - know what's going on in your restaurant

So Over it!!!! Time to move on!!!

Server Bartender (Former Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsDecent money, great co-workers, young, talented and educated service staff. Can be fun to work with people, but not all people.

ConsHorrible management, no regard for talent or people. No retention. Disregard for anything other than the bottom line. Horrible senior management. Lack any original thought, steals most ideas from other better restaurant chains.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind better managers, Engage and provide staff with better opportunities for advancement, work on customer and employee retention.

Decent, it wasn't easy but it worked.

Supervisor (Former Employee)

ProsYou're a part of a brand new concept, your opinions are valued and can change the dynamic immediately. The staff is friendly, very team-oriented and you feel comfortable coming into work everyday.

ConsThe hours were rough, you were either being overworked or under-worked and you couldn't rely on a decent or stable schedule because it would fluctuate so drastically.Towards the end of my stay, hours got cut and I went from a 30 hour week to less than a ten-hour week. Also, Pay. I was underpaid for my position.

Bartender, Server and Workplace

Bartender (Current Employee)

ProsGood money, busy, good atmosphere

ConsCan be overwhelming at times

Nice

Prosthe people who make the restaurant what it is

Conshonesty always makes for a nicer environment

Advice to Senior ManagementClear Communication

Uncomfortable

Server (Former Employee) Lethbridge, AB (Canada)

ProsGood food was served there.

ConsLack of managerial controls and crude working atmosphere.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire those with managerial experience, not some drop out that's been serving for a few years.

Worked for East Side Mario's? Contribute to the Community!