East Stroudsburg University

3.7

Robert J Dillman

It was okay

I have been working at East Stroudsburg University

Pros

Great recreation program the professors work hard

Cons

The budget cuts get worse each year

graduate assistant at east stoudsburg university

Current Employee - Graduate Assistant in East Stroudsburg, PA
    Current Employee - Graduate Assistant in East Stroudsburg, PA

I have been working at East Stroudsburg University full-time (more than an year)

Pros

working with smart professors and students with high passion to learn

Cons

job sometimes it too easy

Very diverse campus with a lot of opportunities

I have been working at East Stroudsburg University

Pros

State College, Cheaper Tuition, Mid-size Classrooms

Cons

Downsizing Curriculum, Reduction of Federal/State Funding, Increasing Tuition

ESU

I worked at East Stroudsburg University

Pros

Steady work good benefits free tuition for your kids

Cons

little chance of promotion, Pay could be higher

RA

Current Employee - Resident Advisor in East Stroudsburg, PA
    Current Employee - Resident Advisor in East Stroudsburg, PA

I have been working at East Stroudsburg University part-time (less than an year)

Pros

rewarding
    room waiver
    priority registration
    awesome hours
    get to meet lots of new people

Cons

late night calls
    should get a higher pay
    can be challenging at times
    lots of paperwork
    lots of names and faces to remember

if you're not a people person, don't do it.

toxic atmophere

I have been working at East Stroudsburg University full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

great people to work with in my department, hard working people

Cons

people are treated with disrespect, decisions are made without the input or feedback of the people who are impacted by their decisions.

Create an atmosphere of trust and cooperation by treating people with respect instead of pawns. Look at the big picture not just the saving of pennies at the expense of the students and staff moral.

ESU Review

Current Employee - Custodian in East Stroudsburg, PA
    Current Employee - Custodian in East Stroudsburg, PA

Pros

Good working environment. The people are great.

Cons

Their are no promotions because everything is done by seniority.

Reward workers that work hard

decent school. I was in their Public Relations track

I worked at East Stroudsburg University

Pros

Majority of the professors here are passionate about what they teach, and are willing to teach in very interactive ways. I was here for two and a half years before I transferred to florida for family reasons, and I must admit that when I compare it to my school here there is a noticeable quality difference. The professors at ESU are very easy to work with for the most part. of course you will have your occasional unmoving professor. But overall, all of my professors, even for my gen.eds. were extremely helpful and gave me a lot of advice. I would have rather stayed at ESU than transferred to Florida

I always lived off campus, but had a friend in the dorms. They were decent sized, but kind of outdated. But we did have fun playing soccer down the corridor. When I transferred out, they were building new dorms, and those dorms I actually saw on a msn article online with the listings of top 20 best college dorms. so I'm guessing they are pretty nice.

There is a good sense of connection with other students. this is because there is a lot of sports area on campus that is available to everyone. The quad is often used for sunbathing, waterballoon fights, football, and ultimate Frisbee is kinda a big thing there.

Cons

there isn't much for off campus entertainment. not many close restaurants or bars or anything like that so if your looking for a party school, trust me this isn't it. (but you will get a good education)

The administration aspect of this school undermines the quality of the school. while the professors are awesome, the management makes it difficult to get things done timely, and the financial aid office is difficult.

Parking is a nightmare, but i'm pretty sure just about every college/ university has that problem

biggest problem I saw was internships, if you want an internship you are probably going to be traveling an hour or two... depending on your major of course because there really isn't much in east Stroudsburg.

and they increase tuition twice while I was there and got rid of the nursing department so everyone had to transfer out that was in that program. big budget cuts

you need more entertainment options, and better food options

I found them good to work for except for the temporary nature of the arrangement.

Former Employee - Temporary Professor in East Stroudsburg, PA
    Former Employee - Temporary Professor in East Stroudsburg, PA

I worked at East Stroudsburg University full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great atmosphere in the department I was in. Good colleagues. Students were generally very good to work with. Excellent benefits for my family.

Cons

Temps don't get respect from other faculty or administration. No path to get off the temporary treadmill if you can't get your PhD right away which wasn't financially feasible for me. Could have done it part time while also dedicating myself to teaching but they only want PhDs due to state funding formulas.

Allow a career path for temps to get on a tenure track while working toward their PhD. I was good at what I did and totally dedicated to the school and teaching the students there but was only allowed to stay a certain amount of time due to school policies. I would have loved to stay and make a career of it.

East Stroudsburg University is a very fun place to pretend to get an education.

Former Employee - Student Worker in East Stroudsburg, PA
    Former Employee - Student Worker in East Stroudsburg, PA

I worked at East Stroudsburg University as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

Professors are very good. They care quite a bit about the academid performance and knowledge gained from students.

Cons

However, it is very easy to get good grades and an education by doing the minimal. None of the professors push you to succeed in that instance.

Keep it up. Do more for the students.