Easter Seals

Be The First To
Add Photos

Easter Seals CEO Jim Williams

Jim Williams

Pros:
  • "You're in the community and helping people with disabilities learn life skills"
    in 4 reviews
  • "Work life balance dose not get any better"
    in 4 reviews
Cons:
  • "Low Pay, horrible benefits, poor management, horrible health benefits, low 401K match"
    in 6 reviews
  • "Being a non-profit, the resources are limited, sometimes making it difficult to compete"
    in 6 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Dropping like flies

Workforce Development Specialist (Current Employee)
Waukesha, WI

I have been working at Easter Seals full-time for more than a year

ProsNone, I pull my hair out and scream in frustration daily. My office alone has seen a 65 percent turn over in just the last year alone.

ConsVery low pay, verbal harassment from upper management, When harassment was brought to HR they said that it would not make a difference because of the importance of the upper manager the issue would more than likely be dropped. HR also plays favorites when it comes to transfers and will regularly pass up highly qualified individuals for friends with little to no experience.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you want people to succeed don't name call employees and embarrass them in front of clients

Great Job!

I have been working at Easter Seals

ProsGreat Job! Nice people to work with!

ConsRecording notes. Sometime late nights.

Very disappointed in corporate culture-cronyism,favoritism and unfair discipline practices

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Mobile, AL

I worked at Easter Seals full-time for more than 10 years

ProsGood benefits,decent health insurance,paid holidays and 401K matching.

ConsVery dishonest corporate culture. Had employees putting in false data of number of clients served and jobs obtained. President clueless as to what vice-presidents were doing. Hiding problems and covering up major blunders.Store managers mistreating employees and disabled people. Work loads unevenly assigned. Much hostility among workers.

Advice to Senior ManagementVice-presidents need to fire themselves and store managers and get competent ones.

Easter Seals Bay Area does not provide ABA

Program Supervisor (Former Employee)

I worked at Easter Seals full-time for more than a year

ProsMy colleagues and families were the best part of this organization. My immediate supervisors were very supportive. Co-workers at a similar level (e.g. Clinical Managers and Behavior Interventionists) were very collaborative.

ConsCorporate is corrupt, shows favoritism and does not value their employees. Behavior Interventionists are viewed as "cash cows" and are not respected for the incredibly important and challenging work they do. The actual program is not ABA and there's little emphasis on providing evidence-based services. Just because someone holds a license does not qualify them to develop and provide ABA services.

Advice to Senior ManagementShow your employees that you value and respect them. Focus on employee retention and hire CMs and PSs with ABA experience.

Okay work if you want to be in social service and can't afford college.

Direct Support Associate (Former Employee)

I worked at Easter Seals full-time for less than a year

ProsAll you need is a GED to be eligible for the job. Paid training, paid holidays, mileage reimbursement, on-time payments. There were opportunities for advancement and often people were promoted from within (though the higher-level jobs usually required more than a GED).

ConsThe training was two weeks full time, but then almost nothing I learned in the training applied to the work. I never did receive my CPR certificate from the initial training. It didn't feel like a real job. I picked the client up at his house and drove around 30 hours a week with the client doing things like going to the gym, the library, malls, fast-food restaurants - wherever he wanted to go. I tried to interact with him and use some of the training, but all he wanted to do was play on his iphone. I went to the office for monthly meetings and that was about it for contact with the rest of the staff. The supervisor would respond to text messages but let emails go unanswered.

I enjoyed working for ESNG and learned so much while I was their.

Lead Teacher (Former Employee)
Atlanta, GA

I worked at Easter Seals full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThey have a great program.

ConsWork hours conflict with school hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work.

Excellent flex-time opportunities and work/life balance.

RSP Peer Support (Former Employee)
Southfield, MI

I worked at Easter Seals part-time for less than a year

ProsExcellent flex-time and variable part and full time opportunities; opportunities to work with a laptop at variable locations; excellent work/life balance opportunities.

ConsMany positions have very heavy workloads; in many cases the pay is not comparable to other volunteer or similiar corporate positions.

This agency has very poor leadership, no opportunity for advancement, financial instability and very low employee morale

Payroll Specialist (Former Employee)
Santa Fe, NM

I worked at Easter Seals full-time for more than 5 years

ProsOpportunity to serve the developmentally disabled and the elderly.

ConsUpper management does not communicate downward to mid and lower level employees, either about direction, motivation and new developments. Management style is very old school, using tyranny and bullying rather than team spirit and motivation. Many employees are constantly in fear of losing their jobs due to the financial instability of the agency.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat at will employees with respect and appreciation. Be willing to listen to employees to improve daily operations. Exercise better cost containment by cutting upper management salaries. This agency is top heavy in personnel costs.

You can make a difference here!

Job Coach (Former Employee)
Raleigh, NC

I worked at Easter Seals full-time for more than a year

ProsExcellent flexibility based on position
Excellent work-place balance
Management always maintains a true open door policy
Management is respectful, honest,and caring
You can be creative within legal means
Low turnover in upper level staff

ConsLack of career development
Pay is not great
Low turnover in upper level staff, thus lateral moves within the department are nearly impossible
Expense health insurance

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is great! I have no complaints. Everyone operated with respect and tact which speaks volumes, as other employers find respect and tact optional.

I would like to see programs that ensure career growth and development.

The compensation package is not great. I am sure employees would like to see the monetary incentive program come to pass.

Easter Seals Autism Services

I have been working at Easter Seals full-time

ProsThe clients and their families.

ConsPoor benefits, retraction of what was promised upon hire (e.g., mileage and drive time), communication.

Worked for Easter Seals? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Easter Seals reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Easter Seals CEO Jim Williams. All 112 reviews posted anonymously by Easter Seals employees.