Easter Seals

Be The First To
Add Photos

Easter Seals CEO Jim Williams

Jim Williams

Pros
  • Work life balance dose not get any better(in 4 reviews)

• You're in the community and helping people with disabilities learn life skills(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • The organization has expanded to quickly and upper management has grown too large(in 8 reviews)

• The burnout is leading to high turnover throughout departments(in 6 reviews)

Better than the alternatives for entry-level behavior therapists

Behavioral Interventionist (Current Employee) San Jose, CA

Prossteady hours (even when parents cancel, which happens a lot), supportive work environment, decent mileage reimbursement, never work early mornings, fairly straightforward/ easy to understand data sheets, generous vacation time and sick days

Constons of driving, rarely see co-workers (can feel isolating), disorganized due to rapid growth (likely a temporary problem), staff supervising behavioral interventionists are not typically BCBA certified (in the bay area at least), can't move up in the company without a masters

A year ago, this was a great company. Now, a lot of people have left.

Senior Behavioral Interventionist (Current Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsTeam support, Supervision, Amazing clients, Good pay

ConsThe company expanded fast, hired inexperienced/uneducated people, and had no upper management. Recently, management has been created, and changes are being made at the expense of behavioral interventionist pay, hour stability, and happiness. If you want a stable job with expected hours every week, I would not come here.

Advice to Senior ManagementChanges should not be made with only two weeks notification to employees. Changes should be in the best interest of the client and interventionists.

revolving door...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPTO (never get turned down for requested time off), somewhat flexible schedule. Really, these are the only reasons to stay.

Constop down issues. good people leave because they can't handle the stress. When people leave, the staff left behind are just assigned additional roles, like it's a privilege until they burn out and leave also. Management seems blind to the effect that people leaving left and right, and people that were respected in high level positions being fired (although we are lied to about that), has on EVERYONE. No one feels secure or valued.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Typical Non Profit

Behavior Interventionist (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsBig Company Lots of positions

ConsNon-Profit. Lots of Part-time positions

Very Fulfilling!

Behavior Interventionist (Current Employee)

ProsHelping Special Needs individuals, and making a difference in lives, is what it is all about. Seeing the difference in children after therapies are applied are worth more than all of the money in the world!!!

ConsThere is only so much change that you can effect. I wish we could make more of a difference than we are already making. that's why we need more passionate indidviduals to enter this field!!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!

Great

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat support system and friendly environment

ConsIn home services sometimes can be challenging

Great Company to work for!

Director (Current Employee) Baltimore, MD

ProsWith Easter Seals you gain a lot of exposure and experience since it is such a well known non profit

ConsFunding is often an issue

Opportunities for growth, professional and personal.

Behavior Interventionist (Current Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsGreat opportunity for professional growth. Multidisciplinary team and inspiring mentors. BCBA supervision. Professional and emotional support in dealing with complex cases. Flexibility. Remote indirect work.

ConsSmall working space relative to number of employees. Segregation tendencies and same-position clique practices. Employees don't know each other. Isolating at times. Lots of procedural changes, however most of them are welcome since they will benefit not only the clients, but also the staff, and the company in general.

Advice to Senior ManagementAppreciate the hard work of lower-level employees and take into account their perspectives when designing behavior programs. The Behavior Interventionists are the ones who spend most of the time with the clients and sometimes they have the best insight. Some people in management are dismissive and pretentious, but some are truly inspiring leaders who want you to grow and succeed and they're not afraid that if you show your smarts you'll take over their job.

Great company, great work

Prosgreat people that truly care about what they do. flexible hours, amazing clients and families

Consthings are always changing which can be hard. part of the industry though

Difficulties at every turn

Behavior Interventionist (Current Employee) Woodland Hills, CA

ProsiPad and phone for company use. Ok pay for this field

ConsNo room for advancement, the supervisors are pretty terrible, will not give you raises, major breakdown of communication have cut out pretty much all perks.

Advice to Senior ManagementClarify and put into writing all policies. More through training all around and stop changing policies every month. Give more room for advancement and stop promoting idiots.

Worked for Easter Seals? Contribute to the Community!