Easter Seals

Be The First To
Add Photos

Easter Seals CEO Jim Williams

Jim Williams

Pros
  • You're in the community and helping people with disabilities learn life skills (in 4 reviews)

• Work life balance dose not get any better (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • The organization has expanded to quickly and upper management has grown too large (in 8 reviews)

• The burnout is leading to high turnover throughout departments (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Paraprofessional

Paraprofessional (Former Employee) Leland, NC

ProsThere is a lot of flexibility in the work schedule, I was attending school at the time so this was extremely helpful for me. I enjoyed the staff and everyone was friendly and helpful.

ConsI was not reimbursed for gas milage and had to drive long distances for some of the children I worked with.

Very enjoyable place of employment to work

Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) Stamford, CT

ProsTo help the clients get back their quality of life.

ConsBeing able to keep up with all your daily responsibility

Amazing

EIS (Current Employee) McAllen, TX

ProsFlexible work schedule, great co workers, approachable management

Conslots of daily travel, lots of paperwork

Advice to Senior Managementgood open door policy

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very mission-oriented place to work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsEaster Seals has a good sense of its mission and is very deliberate about reminding all of us the purpose behind our work.

ConsThe organization can be a bit top-heavy at times and there are siloes although the organization has made strides in addressing these issues.

Pay is OK, workload is too much and management doesn't do much

Database Administrator (Former Employee)

ProsThe compensation is OK, It's not horrible for a mid-level office job.

ConsVPs and management make WAY too much money and I don't know how they can sleep at night knowing the people who do the real work are paid minimum wage. The company does not seem to be doing well and yet the Executives won't budge on THEIR salaries. Working conditions are not great either. I did a lot of work on nights and weekends and was paid a below average salary.

Good place to work but too much turn-over

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFun and overall supportive staff who are very good ABA practitioners. The system they use, the early start Denver model, is a very strong modality.

ConsThe work, while incredibly rewarding was repetitive and quite emotionally draining. I saw a lot of challenging family situations; be ready for intensity!

Advice to Senior ManagementMaintain your talent by paying them market wages. Offer support and raises. Make sure your program supervisors

Expanded way too quickly and quality of care has continued to sink

Behavioral Interventionist (Former Employee) Oakland, CA

ProsI learned a lot while working here, especially early on, because the quality of the program was high and the atmosphere was very team-oriented. When they suddenly had to bulk up staffing to fulfill a huge new contract with Kaiser, though, things began to unravel.

ConsNo sense of community. High turnover. Inadequate training - specifically hiring inexperienced Behavioral Interventionists who did not receive enough training or ongoing support and guidance. Benefits and starting pay were also cut during this time. The review process was disorganized and inaccurate, relying on feedback on the quality of my work from a supervisor who never observed me or responded to my emails or phone calls about the case we worked on together.

Advice to Senior ManagementI actually feel sorry for the management because they were clearly in over their heads and could not manage. Most of the managers I met were very dedicated to the cause, but there were simply not enough hours in the day or resources to keep the program afloat.

A decent place to work

Pre K Teacher (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

Prosbenefits and professional development are very nice

Conscurrently undergoing some changes in corporate management that are making some things difficult within the centers.

Autonomy, flexibility and variety

ProsAutonomy, flexibility and variety are what ES has to offer.

ConsCommunication and lack of mentoring for new grads.

Advice to Senior ManagementMentor, collaborate and communicate with your employees.

Very awful place to work

Lead Teacher (Former Employee) Silver Spring, MD

ProsThe benefits, friendly upper management, a few nice families, and so kind teachers

Consdisrespectful management, rude teachers, teachers do not have a clue about developmentally appropriate practice. Parents a two faced and treat the teachers terribly.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop being rude, and using your staff against each other.

Worked for Easter Seals? Contribute to the Community!