Easter Seals

Be The First To
Add Photos

Easter Seals CEO Jim Williams

Jim Williams

Pros
  • Work life balance dose not get any better(in 4 reviews)

• You're in the community and helping people with disabilities learn life skills(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • The organization has expanded to quickly and upper management has grown too large(in 8 reviews)

• The burnout is leading to high turnover throughout departments(in 6 reviews)

Amazing

EIS (Current Employee) McAllen, TX

ProsFlexible work schedule, great co workers, approachable management

Conslots of daily travel, lots of paperwork

Advice to Senior Managementgood open door policy

Very mission-oriented place to work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsEaster Seals has a good sense of its mission and is very deliberate about reminding all of us the purpose behind our work.

ConsThe organization can be a bit top-heavy at times and there are siloes although the organization has made strides in addressing these issues.

A decent place to work

Pre K Teacher (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

Prosbenefits and professional development are very nice

Conscurrently undergoing some changes in corporate management that are making some things difficult within the centers.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Expanded way too quickly and quality of care has continued to sink

Behavioral Interventionist (Former Employee) Oakland, CA

ProsI learned a lot while working here, especially early on, because the quality of the program was high and the atmosphere was very team-oriented. When they suddenly had to bulk up staffing to fulfill a huge new contract with Kaiser, though, things began to unravel.

ConsNo sense of community. High turnover. Inadequate training - specifically hiring inexperienced Behavioral Interventionists who did not receive enough training or ongoing support and guidance. Benefits and starting pay were also cut during this time. The review process was disorganized and inaccurate, relying on feedback on the quality of my work from a supervisor who never observed me or responded to my emails or phone calls about the case we worked on together.

Advice to Senior ManagementI actually feel sorry for the management because they were clearly in over their heads and could not manage. Most of the managers I met were very dedicated to the cause, but there were simply not enough hours in the day or resources to keep the program afloat.

Good place to work but too much turn-over

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFun and overall supportive staff who are very good ABA practitioners. The system they use, the early start Denver model, is a very strong modality.

ConsThe work, while incredibly rewarding was repetitive and quite emotionally draining. I saw a lot of challenging family situations; be ready for intensity!

Advice to Senior ManagementMaintain your talent by paying them market wages. Offer support and raises. Make sure your program supervisors

Love the families and kiddos, disappointed in upper management

Program Supervisor (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsThe work that is done is life changing. I love the families and kiddos we work with and it is incredibly rewarding. We also have an amazing staff of BI's and Program supervisors that make the job that much more enjoyable. I feel like I work with some of the most amazing people anf have such a super dun job most of the time.

ConsThe organization has expanded to quickly and upper management has grown too large. They have lost sight of the mission of the company of the people that make it happen. This agency could not change lives without the very hard work and dedication of the interventionists and Program supervisors. However, the management team seems to care little about these employees and retaining them....So Sad.

Advice to Senior ManagementShow some appreciation for the employees making the biggest impact in the company. Show how much you really value your employees instead of giving yourselves huge paychecks and bonuses and cutting back on everyone else's pay. Offer opportunities for professional growth and advancement like supervision hours for people seeking licenses. Be consistent when implementing new policies and empathic in the delivery when it is going to negatively impact people's lives and their ability to function from day-day.

Autonomy, flexibility and variety

ProsAutonomy, flexibility and variety are what ES has to offer.

ConsCommunication and lack of mentoring for new grads.

Advice to Senior ManagementMentor, collaborate and communicate with your employees.

Very rewarding I loved helping people with disabilities and find their ability to learn. .

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsHelping people who come in pain and leave well again.

ConsVery low wages and disappointed with management. No room for growth

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your people better

Wonderful eye opening experiences working with Special Needs individuals and families.

DSP (Former Employee) Fort Wayne, IN

ProsOpportunities for personal growth, great training classes, recognition for good job done, hours to work around school and family, hugs and smiles!

ConsMust be full-time employee (30 hours plus) to get vacation, sick-time, healthcare insurance, pension benefits; must be willing to work holidays, nights and weekends.

Well rounded place to be employed

Teacher (Former Employee) Waterbury, CT

ProsState of the art facility for children and a great learning environment, Offers a lot of training in the field of Early Childhood

ConsWorking with a lot of different adult attitudes

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work within. When former employee are beinging concidered to come back mangement need to let them because they already know what to expect form the management Team.

Worked for Easter Seals? Contribute to the Community!