Eastern Maine Medical Center

Add Photos

Eastern Maine Medical Center President & CEO Deborah Carey Johnson

Deborah Carey Johnson

It was a GREAT experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosgreat people, staff, NE experience

Consthe weather can be challenging

Not a bad place to work...

Nursing Tech (Former Employee) Bangor, ME

ProsAlways a learning experience, For the most part great people, 12 hr shifts, is room to grow, and is a great place to come for services and to get better.

ConsBennefits could have better coverage for employees, and pay could be better for the amount of experience someone has. and more employee appriecation would be better.( some dont get enough credit!)

Wonderful organization with a great mission

ProsInnovative, career growth, caring, supportive, good compensation, responsive, good mission, great leaders, wonderful staff, good location, belongs to great system

ConsVery busy and lots to do

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I enjoy working for them.

Medical Secretary (Current Employee) Bangor, ME

ProsWorking with patients, helping them get what they need, as soon as humanly possible.

ConsShort staffed from time to time.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep on listening when the employees talk.

Pretty good place to work

Registered Nurse (Current Employee) Bangor, ME

Proslarge hospital for the area with lots of career opportunites
    pay is competative to other hospitals

ConsUnionized
    no pay increase for merit, only loyalty raises for amount of time worked there
    insurance plan deductables are very high
    facilities are very outdated

Great experience. Good place to work. Lots of opportunities to learn new things, and move to new positions.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Bangor, ME

ProsLots of opportunities to learn new things, and move to new positions. One of the larger, financially stable companies in the area, which makes it a secure place to work.

ConsAnnoying nurses union, which seems to be fleecing its members. Senior management unable to accomplish "big vision" goals in a timely manner.

Advice to Senior ManagementSee comments above.

Up until recently, I was very proud to work at EMMC.

Manager (Current Employee) Brewer, ME

ProsVacation/holiday/sick pay, plenty of opportunity once you're in the door, decent hours, allowed to suggest and implement process improvements. There are many good managers and you're lucky if you work for one.

ConsMany of Senior management is not in touch with employees. No pay raises due to decreasing reimbursement from payors. Vacation accrual was decreased for managers last year Continually being asked to do more with less......

Advice to Senior ManagementPractice what you preach and be a role model - "Caring Behaviors" and "Patient First" are preached but not practiced. Listen to what your employees are really saying. Reward the high performers or they will be the first to leave when the economy turns around.

Worked for Eastern Maine Medical Center? Contribute to the Community!