Eastman Chemical

Updated September 23, 2014
4.6

Eastman Chemical Chief Executive Officer Mark J. Costa
Mark J. Costa

Pros
  • Eastman is a unique place that values work-life balance and giving back to the community (in 41 reviews)

• Pay packages are competitive, especially when you take into account the low cost of living in Kingsport (in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • Being based out of a small town provides unique opportunities as well as challenges (in 23 reviews)

• Sometimes to much burocracy which is taking the speed out of the decision making process (in 20 reviews)

More Highlights

A rewarding, family-like place to work.

Current Employee - Process Improvement Engineer  in  Kingsport, TN
    Current Employee - Process Improvement Engineer in Kingsport, TN

I have been working at Eastman Chemical full-time for more than a year

Pros

Eastman has a culture with safety at the forefront and collaboration not far behind.The work is decent, the hours are fair, but the people are great. Everyone is so friendly and ready to help each other it really makes things go quickly and things just seem to get done.

Cons

The smells aren't great and the location is less than ideal, but for a chemical company not much better can truly be expected.

Don't forget the little people. Compensation and benefits go farther than you may think.

I have nothing but positive things to say about my employer, Eastman Chemical.

I have been working at Eastman Chemical part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

This is a great company to be a part of because they know their core values and work towards them every day. I feel like everyone tries to come together as a team for the success of the group. And I love that they support employee training opportunities for growth.

Cons

Compensation increases have been low the last couple of years.

An amazing place to start a career!

Current Employee - Chemical Engineer  in  Kingsport, TN
    Current Employee - Chemical Engineer in Kingsport, TN

I have been working at Eastman Chemical full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

They really care about their employees and their personal lives.
    Lots of career mentoring, mobility and advancement.
    Great benefits and vacation.
    On-site cafeterias, gyms, medical facilities.
    They area has a very low cost of living.
    The Eastman culture is very helpful and respectful, it has to be one of the best out there.
    All employees, no matter their position, are nice, curteous, and helpful; it is not a cutthroat or competitive culture.

Cons

Some of the manufacturing buildings are smelly due to the nature of the products produced.

Keep up the great work! I'd like to see the internal growth in the company occur a little faster.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Eastman - a great place to work!

Current Employee - Senior Technology and Business Research Specialist  in  Kingsport, TN
    Current Employee - Senior Technology and Business Research Specialist in Kingsport, TN

I have been working at Eastman Chemical full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The company is devoted to developing a well trained staff. They want to give you the opportunity to be the best you can be. However, safety is their #1 focus . . . they care about their employees. Very diverse personnel -- and the trend has been moving into management areas over the past several years. Also, Kingsport is a great place to raise a family and is in a beautiful part of the country. If I knew then (when I was hired) what I know now, I wouldn't change a thing.

Cons

Getting to Kingsport can be difficult. We have a small airport,
    and air travel usually involves coming through Atlanta or Charlotte.

Working at Eastman has been a great experience. I feel like Eastman treats me as a person not just a number.

Current Employee - Senior Secretary  in  Kingsport, TN
    Current Employee - Senior Secretary in Kingsport, TN

I have been working at Eastman Chemical full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Eastman places value on the employees and rewards their employees for hard work and dedication. Eastman has advancement opportunities as well as programs in place to develop the skills need to advance.

Cons

The health care benefit is more expensive than it was when I came to Eastman.

Most Enjoyable work Atmosphere I have worked in.

Current Employee - Business Organization Specialist  in  Kingsport, TN
    Current Employee - Business Organization Specialist in Kingsport, TN

I have been working at Eastman Chemical full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Flexibility
    Independence in work
    Pay
    Friendly atmosphere
    great work life balance

Cons

As with any compnay some software IT issues need to be resolved to help improve process work flows

Always keep Flexibility and continue to recognize employees for job well done

Employment at Eastman Chemical Company

Current Employee - Admi
    Current Employee - Admi

I have been working at Eastman Chemical full-time

Pros

The company has been considerate of employee's work-life balance by allowing flexing of schedules. Personal growth and training are encouraged. Safety is enforced as a high priority.

Cons

One of the biggest challenges is adapting to changing leadership and continual restructures. Historically compensation was a large consideration for all employees while in the last years it's become more of an exempt employee benefit.

"Thankful to work for this Great Company."

Current Employee - Team Manager  in  Kingsport, TN
    Current Employee - Team Manager in Kingsport, TN

I have been working at Eastman Chemical full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Offers potential growth for each individual, personally challenging you to continually strive to be better. Gives you a feeling that YOU are a part of the sucess of the Company. Also it is comforting to be a part of a Company that cares about the well being of not just its Employees, but cares about the surrounding area and its Customers.

Cons

Overall a great Company to work for, but the Health Care Benefits need to be better for the employees and Retirees.

Great Company

Current Employee - Senior Secretary  in  Kingsport, TN
    Current Employee - Senior Secretary in Kingsport, TN

I have been working at Eastman Chemical full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

They care about their people. The training opportunities have been excellent. One of their top priorities is SAFETY. There are some really wonderful and hard working people at this company.

Cons

The biggest would be the benefits but i don't see that as Eastman's fault, they are a business and have to balance offering benefits with business decisions. Medical costs are rising at an alarming rate.

More of a connection with the people out in the plant.

Satisfying 25 Year Career

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Kingsport, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kingsport, TN

I have been working at Eastman Chemical full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The best part of working for Eastman Chemical Company has been the supportive and team culture of the Eastman family.

Cons

The main reason to consider not working for Eastman Chemical Company is the continuing decline of the benefits package. The main reason to consider leaving Eastman Chemical Company is the declining value of the benefits package and the focus on eliminating the opportunities for mid-career employees.e of the benefits package and the

The culture and focus of the company seems to be changing from one where employees are valued with opportunities for a varied and valued career to one where the desire is to hire lower cost/value employees, use them for while and then swap for more.

Worked for Eastman Chemical? Contribute to the Community!