Eastman Kodak

Eastman Kodak Reviews

Updated Jul 20, 2014

Eastman Kodak Chief Executive Officer Jeffrey J. Clarke

Jeffrey J. Clarke

Pros
  • Work-Life balance, benefits, salaries, were excellent in the R&D departments(in 27 reviews)

• Excellent managers who had a vested interest in developing good people(in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • Atmosphere was not very good after going in to Chapter 11 in 2012(in 18 reviews)

• Upper management is absolutely blind to any holes in their strategy(in 18 reviews)

cut just short of retirement

Chemical Operator (Former Employee) Rochester, NY

Prosthe company was a great place to work about 15 years ago.there was job security and most everybody worked towards a common goal.

Consthe last few years there have been numerous layoffs many good workers were let go because of businesses being sold off or even discontinued.it seemed that the workers selected to be laid off were often the ones that were within a few years of retirement.

Kodak was a great place to work but there was too much red tape.

ProsKoda was a great work place with great coworkers. I felt respected for what I brought to the table.

ConsThere was so much old-school, legacy red tape that it was nearly impossible to get anything done or make significant change.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmbrace market changes more quickly and listen more to the talent you've got on your team.

Started fine on my first 5 yrs... Then a pattern of slow but sure decline

Field Technician (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsIt pioneered the traditional film and it gave a promising pace when it transition to digital.

ConsFailed miserably with technological advancement and to diversify.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone...end result was bankruptcy to satisfy their GREED.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very trying

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Durham, NC

ProsEmployees were tops! The employees I had the privilege to work with we're absolutely terrific. Their ideas to better the company were exceptional.

ConsNobody listened to employees. Not only did Sr mgmt have their own agenda, the local sr. mgmt had their own agenda. Sr. mgmt positions in Roch and Dur were based on what can I get for me, how much power can I get. It was so sad to see a company basically destroyed based on the antics of senior mgmt. Lower mgmt levels lived under constant duress by having to succumb to sr mgmt desires. Say something against sr mgmt you were black balled or termed. I have never experienced such hostility in any work environment. When a mgr started finally speaking up that individual was released along with the entire support staff under the guise of company downsizing. So many good, faithful employees were impacted. Unfortunately the new company absorbed the bad eggs and they continue to fester. The new mgmt needs to go undercover and see how not only company employees are treated but even the contract workers.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpeak with lower tier company and contract employees. You will have to do it anonymously or the contract workers will be terminated immediately. It is a little harder to term company employees but it will be done. Guaranteed.

Support

Support (Former Employee) Durham, NC

ProsGood benefits, challenging and fast paced

ConsManagement believes and practices X theory

Advice to Senior ManagementSee employees as assets

Great company, too bad they lost their way.

Product Manager (Former Employee) Rochester, NY

ProsThe people were great to work with.

ConsCould never figure out how to make money from hardware.

Advice to Senior ManagementAntonio did what you hired him to do, try and make Kodak into a printer company. Too bad, because Kodak was a world leading chemical company with unmatched thin coating technology and photoscience. It was never an equipment manufacturing company.

Great team, betrayed by CEO

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsDedicated group of managers and engineers, access to strong R&D facilities and worldwide supply chain, well-established product development processes

ConsCompletely missed the boat on consumer electronics trends in the 21st century, sunk over $1B on a personal vendetta against HP in inkjet printing which ultimately pushed them into bankruptcy

Advice to Senior ManagementI can't understand how Antonio Perez is still the CEO, with so many of his ex-HP cronies still in senior leadership

Film manufacturing

ProsGreat people, good benefits, competitive pay

ConsDeclining business, constant downsizes, poor morale,

The yellow box

Project Management (Former Employee)

ProsMajor company in Rochester NY, work flexibility.

ConsAlways having to lay people off. No raises in 4 years. Work 50+ hrs week.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your people. Recognize and reward contributors, not just management.

Low Morale and Uncertain Future

Legal Department (Former Employee) Rochester, NY

ProsDepartment I worked in was very nice, senior staff were very friendly

ConsTerrible morale due to layoffs in many other departments. Everyone was wondering "who is next?" and made for a very poor work environment
    The State Street location parking lot is unsafe

Worked for Eastman Kodak? Contribute to the Community!