Easton-Bell Sports

Add Photos

Terry G. Lee

Good experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsManagement interested in employee performance

ConsManagement needs to communicate plans

Good Company that went Downhill quickly

Web Designer (Former Employee) Van Nuys, CA

ProsIf you live in the San Fernando Valley it's a good place to work. Great people. Great Products. Gym on Campus for employees. Okay company to work for but the upper management is out of touch with their resources. The company is out of date as far as modern digital presence and brand recognition goes. Our group was in charge of designing and maintaining the digital brand presence as well as other digital marketing for all of their websites and they decided that our group was not a necessity so they laid us all off along with many other project management, digital development people. Easton-Bell Sports eventually had to sell off their brands piece by piece because they couldn't compete with their competition. Maybe they should have focused more on growing their digital brand and online digital marketing presence.

ConsUpper Management are out of touch with their resources. Office is in a bad neighborhood. Building is out dated. Located in the very ugly San Fernando Valley so you'll have to get used to the extreme heat in the summer.

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat company to work for but the upper management is out of touch with their resources. The company is out of date as far as modern digital presence and brand recognition goes. Our group was in charge of designing and maintaining the digital brand presence as well as other digital marketing for all of their websites and they decided that our group was not a necessity so they laid us all off along with many other project management, digital development people. Easton-Bell Sports eventually had to sell off their brands piece by piece because they couldn't compete with their competition. Maybe they should have focused more on growing their digital brand and online digital marketing presence.

Fantastic place!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Scotts Valley, CA

ProsGreat atmosphere
    Talented coworkers
    Fun and positive company culture
    Discounts on products
    Big parking lot
    Great location close to the ocean and trails

ConsPeople seem to stay in the same roles there for a very long time.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great people, Great work, Great experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe atmosphere encouraged creativity and hard work to accomplish team goals. Smart and experienced coworkers from top to bottom. Fun and rewarding company.

ConsNot a very defined direction from leadership. No weekly or monthly discussion of future product plans or anything that defined where the company would like to be in 5 years and how it planned to get there.

Don't over stay your welcome

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsWell-intentioned and ambitious. They seem very hungry for more market share, and are willing to listen for ideas, though credit is not likely paid where due. Willing to promote team members, which ends up feeling more like a deck shuffle than strategic.

ConsShort sighted goals and targets. Not aware of their full resources, possibly due to unhealthy levels of pretense. Integrity appears to be a challenge for managers. Inexperienced staff. Poor execution. Recurring racism and inappropriate office language.

Advice to Senior ManagementMiddle managers need to concentrate on their management skills. Executives need to learn trust. Stop firing your best people just to see what settles with the dust.

Happier Elsewhere

Manager (Former Employee) Scotts Valley, CA

ProsGood benefits, discount or free product, fun industry making awesome products.

ConsBell's upper management doesn't know what they are doing. They have driven out numerous season employees and has had more than one department implode because of the lack of leadership and direction. Now they are left with employees who aren't sure what their job is, people constantly passing blame and many people hate their jobs. HR has also been no help solving employee issues and concerns and often only adds to the fire. All that coupled with the company's poor financial performance, it's not a good time to join the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on improving employee moral. Review top management who don't understand the industry.

Constant change leads to questionable decisions

ProsIf you are into cycling this is the place to be for great products and fun co-workers.

ConsToo many brands under one roof leads to difficulty of focus by senior management.

great company

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Van Nuys, CA

Prosgreat people and great team

Conscurrently undergoing a split - baseball/softball was sold to bauer

Web Development Intern

Intern (Former Employee) Van Nuys, CA

ProsGreat team, helpful coworkers, great office environment

ConsNo longer a global development team, so you would only get to work for one of the brands (ie. Eatson, Riddell, Blackburn, Giro, or Bell)

Top tier product developed by talented employees in a supportive team environment.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsManagement that truly cares about their people. Great work/life balance. Competitive salaries. Stable employment, especially for the team and action sports industries. Internal communication is improving, especially compared to Easton-Bell's old reputation of being very closed off. This company is certainly on the up-swing.

ConsLimited opportunities for upward movement within the company, due to a loyal workforce and existing talent. Outdated office equipment makes for an less than desirable office feel. Teams can feel spread out, since company operates across several locations nationwide.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to improve an already strong culture and proud work force. Focus on better benefits and informing/retaining employees through improved communication.

Worked for Easton-Bell Sports? Contribute to the Community!