Eat'n Park Reviews

Reset
3.1
Jeff Broadhurst

1. Server, cook, dishwasher, salad bar, and cook trainer

Current Employee - Cook, Server, Dish Washer, Salad Bar, and Cook Trainer in Robinson, PA

I have been working at Eat'n Park part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people I work with and the customers I get to interact with.

Cons

It's not a career for me, I want more out my life and education

Advice to Management

Don't forget the little guy, think about your employees and their needs as well as your payroll.

Worst. Place. Ever

I worked at Eat'n Park

Pros

Some of the best of Humanity as your co-workers(SOME)

Cons

Some of the worst of Humanity as your managers, and Some of your co-workers can almost literally get away with anything if they suck up right.

Advice to Management

Dont harass people who are trying

3. Adequate

Former Employee - Cook
    Former Employee - Cook

I worked at Eat'n Park part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Safe and friendly work environment. Restaurants were always kept very clean and proper food handling was always followed. Company has positive civic service reputation.

Cons

Pay rates weren't competitive and while chasing better payroll efficiency, hours were often cut due to slow business. Some locations are in dire need of renovation and updating dining rooms.

Advice to Management

Find some costs to cut to pay employees better where turnover rates are high, will reduce training costs and develop employee loyalty.

5. Company culture is unique and very much like family.

Current Employee - Management
    Current Employee - Management

I have been working at Eat'n Park full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Lots of opportunities for growth with multiple brands.

Cons

Sometimes staffing is too thin.

Been here ten years management gradually running it into the ground

Current Employee - Server in New Stanton, PA
    Current Employee - Server in New Stanton, PA

I have been working at Eat'n Park full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Become family with all the employees

Cons

Lousy pay and management is just horrible and inconsiderate

7. Good for first job, otherwise horrible

Current Employee - Eat N Park in Erie, PA
    Current Employee - Eat N Park in Erie, PA

I have been working at Eat'n Park full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

50% off meals when working Easy to get in to Good team members

Cons

Not a lot of room for promotion Managers do not get paid enough to care if you have a problem Makes promises and never follows through with them No holiday pay

Advice to Management

Invest more time in the well being of your employees and they will work harder for you.

8. Awesome Career

I have been working at Eat'n Park full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

One of the best reasons to work at Eat'n Park are all the opportunties to learn and grow. You can start as an hourly team member, become a shift manager, and then enter the management training program. You can even transfer to another brand, or join the corporate support center. In order to keep growing there is a tuition reimbursement program is available to management and a scholarship program is available for hourly team members.

Cons

Depending on your role you work rotating shifts, weekends as well as some holidays.

Advice to Management

Keep focus on developing your team members and offering opportunites for advancement.

9. Fun yet frazzling environment

Current Employee - Server/Waiter in Morgantown, WV
    Current Employee - Server/Waiter in Morgantown, WV

I have been working at Eat'n Park full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great co-workers, like one big family. Great pay if your a dedicated waiter.

Cons

rush hours can be chaotic, could improve on organization.

Advice to Management

Develop better table management in kitchen for when food is done and thrown up under the heatlamp to be taken to tables. During rush hour many plates can make it a pain to grab and not forget each correct dish.

Great company but the pay isn't the best

Current Employee - Assistant Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at Eat'n Park full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great training and skill building, great work environment, higher-ups of the company are on a 1st name basis.

Cons

The pay is not the greatest.

Advice to Management

Keep better tabs on GM's performance and interest levels. Some seem to care more about their bonuses and what looks good on paper rather than the betterment of the store. If they don't care, no one else will either. It makes for a miserable work place for new managers who are loyal, want to excel, make a positive impact, and do a good job for the company.

It sucks you in and sucks you dry

I worked at Eat'n Park part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You become like a family with your fellow employees. After 4 years there, that's the only positive thing that came of it. I made a lot of close friends.

Cons

Lets see where to start. Managers playing favorites, managers talking about employees to other employees, managers not doing their jobs at all and sitting in the office on their phones. Sexual harassment claims either not taken seriously or results come months after the fact. No guarantee on what days you get off even if you ask or tell them there's a day you can't work weekly. You either get out way before your shift is supposed to be done or way later. (At least as a hostess.) Managers could care less who's actually doing what their supposed to or not. Clean ups are supposed to be checked but never are, so some people do nothing at all and others actually do everything, but it doesn't matter. As far as hostesses go, it seems they only hire people under 18, so the few older hostesses get screwed with the late shifts. Plus having a bunch of girls still in high school working with you is horrible since all they do is go and talk to their friends that come visit. During the school year on Fridays and Saturdays you have to deal with huge groups of high school football, cheer leading, and band kids who all stand and walk around like they own the place, scream and yell, leave huge messes, and walk out on their checks. Some of the worst nights of my life I think have been the nights after there was a huge band competition and it's me and the manager trying to seat and cash out a lobby full of screaming kids. Half the time certain departments are way understaffed while others are overstaffed (like the servers- usually between 8-11 on the floor at night.) And the last, but one of the worst things is the customers. You meet some awesome regulars who you get to know...but then there are other people that complain about the most trivial things you'd never think people would complain about. People yell at you, people call you stupid, they make you clean off the seats that the busboys were too lazy to pick up on. People argue with you about everything. Employees that ask to cross train or work in a different department either get told management will look into it and never do, or they get it right away if they're a management favorite. All in all, I've never felt so relieved as I did the day I quit this place. I'll miss the people and the fun times I had when I started, but it all went downhill the longer I was there. Every single person that works there is miserable about being there. Any smile you see is fake- as soon as we walk away from seating or serving you, 95% of the time we go and complain about being there. It's a job, I know. But a lot of things could be done to make it at least a little more enjoyable.

RSS Feed </> Embed