Eaton Hydraulics Reviews

Reset
3.3
Eaton Hydraulics Chairman & CEO Alexander M. Cutler
Alexander M. Cutler

Pros
  • Work/Life Balance is stressed within the company (in 3 reviews)

• good pay, good culture/work environment, nice colleagues, fast interview process (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Way too much time spent in unnecessary meetings (in 2 reviews)

• Flat career growth, being an MNC it offers no international relocation for career development, infrastructure is unevenly distributed globally (in 2 reviews)

1. Assembly Tech

Former Employee - Assembly Technician in Searcy, AR
    Former Employee - Assembly Technician in Searcy, AR

I worked at Eaton Hydraulics (More than 10 years)

Pros

Eaton has so many different areas you can learn that the job is never boring. the supervisiors work with you and Eaton has great benefits.We also took classes through Eaton university on safety how to look for things that can get people hurt.the class also tought what protective equipment we needed to have to be safe on the job and at home and the right to see msds.we also learned to move stuff we use the most closer to us to make it easier to do our job.

Cons

we get parts in from our suppliers last minute and have to work harder just to get parts to our customer. sometimes you get a co-worker who you can not make happy with anything you do and it makes it harder to work with them when they are negative all the time but I would do my best to get along with anyone

Advice to Management

They need to be on the floor more and get to know people more.than they will know who is actually working and improving the work area and who is just there for the check and does not care

2. Good pay, Bad management

Former Employee - CNC Operator in Hutchinson, KS
    Former Employee - CNC Operator in Hutchinson, KS

I worked at Eaton Hydraulics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great workforce there is allot of skill at that plant. Eaton has great pay and okay benefits. Its like a family out on the shop floor. this place has the potential to be something great but management is just running the place into the ground.

Cons

Management has know clue what one another is doing. the worst i have ever seen, way to many chiefs and not enough Indians. And they have no feels towards the operators, all we are is pieces of meat to them. once they get their use out of you they throw you out.

Advice to Management

Fire all of them and start over.

3. Engineering Manager

Pros

The company is very stable and has divisions across many of the global industries. The company is also very forward thinking in anticipating downturns in the economy and proactively taking cost reductions efforts.

Cons

It seems to be a business aimed at manufacturing widgets and short gains by financial gains. Thee is little support for research & development and customer service.

Advice to Management

The company needs to better understand its end markets and then structure the business units accordingly to ensure they remain nimble and supportive of the customers needs.

5. Senior Marketing Analyst

Former Employee - Senior Marketing Analyst in Holland, OH
    Former Employee - Senior Marketing Analyst in Holland, OH

I worked at Eaton Hydraulics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great pay and wonderful community volunteer programs.

Cons

Lack of on boarding programs and training.

6. Eaton Review

Former Employee - Data Clerk II in Tinton Falls, NJ
    Former Employee - Data Clerk II in Tinton Falls, NJ

Pros

- Excess opportunity to learn more about the company and gain more experience and knowledge - Room for advancement

Cons

No full time positions with my skills and experience.

7. Area Sales Manager

Pros

Good Career Advancement Appropriate training provided

Cons

Many Channels for getting questions answered

8. Eaton

Pros

Good Benefits and pay are what the company does best. I worked there for 16 years until the plant I worked at shut down.

Cons

To much favoritism. The higher ups liked to hire their friends for better positions instead of who was most qualified. That was the way it was at my plant. Don't know about the other ones.

9. Great company

Former Employee - Sales Development Program in Eden Prairie, MN
    Former Employee - Sales Development Program in Eden Prairie, MN

I worked at Eaton Hydraulics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Training - Great work life balanced

Cons

Hydraulics is a unique industry

10. Large company with great work life balance

I have been working at Eaton Hydraulics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Eaton is very supportive of giving you the freedom to explore new ideas and better ways to do things. They are supportive of the decisions you make if you have the justification to make them.

Cons

I am very questionable of the decision making of the senior leadership. Even if the decisions are wrong, they are quick to lay people off that have no control over what happens. Overall compensation seems low for the value brought.

Advice to Management

Asking people to work harder to increase sales and cut costs isn't going to get people to work harder. A little incentive would go a long way to giving people the motivation required to perform even more above and beyond the expectations already given.

11. good company overall. was supposed to work for only three months as an internship but have been here over a year now.

Current Employee - Lab Technician in Greenwood, SC
    Current Employee - Lab Technician in Greenwood, SC

Pros

great job to have while i am in school full time. my supervisor is laid back and they work around my school schedule with no problem. I have learned a lot being here since this is my first time working in manufacturing

Cons

hydraulic pump plant means hydraulic fluid almost everywhere, air/heat in the lab i work in tends to disfucntion a lot, leading to sub-par working conditions

Advice to Management

compensation could be increased as well as offering temporary employees some kind of insurance/benefits

RSS Feed </> Embed