Eaton Reviews

Updated September 27, 2014
3.6

Eaton CEO & Chairman Sandy Cutler
Sandy Cutler

Pros
  • Reasonable benefits, work life balance depending on team, reasonable compensation (in 46 reviews)

• Good benefits and room for professional growth (in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/Life Balance can become an issue in most departments because of understaffing (in 21 reviews)

• If employees are working such long hours they at least need time away with their families (in 10 reviews)

More Highlights

Great company

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant  in  Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Eaton as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

I worked in the office but I love how you can interact and learn the building part to it also.

Cons

To me there weren't any cons. I enjoyed working there. People were great, job wasn't overwhelming.

Keep Eaton Charlotte, there are a lot of great hardworking people there who loves Eaton. I met a man who was there for a long time and he said he wanted to retire no place else but Eaton. He sounded so proud. I've learned a lot in my days at Eaton.

Engineer

I worked at Eaton

Pros

Qualified people, goal oriented, good benefits.
    Many long timers within the company with positive inclusion of new green talent.

Cons

Organization has been tightening the belt for five years and continues to do so. Most staff lack adequate backup support; work life balance is talked about; not necessarily promoted. Good people with heavy workload makes it difficult to prove themselves.

New leadership appears less visionary; more likely to make decisions based on past/current quarter performance.

Excellent Intern Experience

Former Employee - Intern  in  Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Intern in Dallas, TX

I worked at Eaton as an intern for less than a year

Pros

-Learned a lot about the Electrical services industry
    -Good pay for interns
    -Great work environment
    -HR did an awesome job

Cons

Sometimes had to work strange hours on weekends and nights, but there isn't really anything bad I would have to say about working for them. The internship was great. I would highly recommend it. Perhaps I will work for them full time in the future.

None.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Excellent Company

Former Employee - Lead Engineering Tech  in  Asheville, NC
    Former Employee - Lead Engineering Tech in Asheville, NC

I worked at Eaton full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great pay and benefits, room to move up

Cons

NO work life balance... work, work, work!

stop thinking college degrees are the only means of a person being qualified for higher positions. People that didn't go to college have brains to!

Your experience may vary..

Former Employee - Engineering Intern
    Former Employee - Engineering Intern

I worked at Eaton as an intern for less than a year

Pros

I interned with Eaton twice and was assigned challenging projects and left behind genuine accomplishments useful to the business. I got to work with a wide range of equipment and was able to specialize in my own interests.

Cons

You get out what you put in, many other interns didn't seek out projects and ended up bored. Interns are primarily assessed by a 10 minute presentation at the end of assignment by a panel unfamiliar with their work or accomplishments and weighs this presentation heavily in the hiring process.

The internship assessment process is too heavily weighted on a single presentation. There is little recognition for exceptional work effort and the resulting accomplishments during the internship.

Great name and great company

I worked at Eaton full-time

Pros

Collaborative enviroment, great leadership great compan to work for in HR

Cons

Legacy Cooper locations need more Eaton presence and leadership from the top down. Not a lot of clear direction on business culture, growth and current state. A lot of unknowns.

OK for Comfortable

Former Employee - Leadership Development Program-Operations for Engineer (LDP-OE)  in  Syracuse, NY
    Former Employee - Leadership Development Program-Operations for Engineer (LDP-OE) in Syracuse, NY

I worked at Eaton full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Competitive benefits, good for someone looking to settle down. Their rotational programs are great for people starting out, specially if they want to relocate every year.

Cons

Not exciting, not the smartest people to work with and a complex hierarchy. The culture depends highly on the location you're looking at. Terms of employment are changed easily. I did not feel the LDP manager really cared about my career or building a relationship. Definitely not good for people with a spouse who also has a career. Location preferences are considered but you'll go where they send you.

Terms of employment should not be changed in the middle of a role. My supervisor overtime eligibility was taken away in the middle of a rotation. Needless to say, I was still required to work it. Some plants can have very poor management.

Data collection with regards to KPIs needs to improve to prove savings or justify projects.

Long hours but decent pay and good benefits.

Former Employee - Assembly Technician  in  Greenwood, SC
    Former Employee - Assembly Technician in Greenwood, SC

I worked at Eaton full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good Benefits
    Clean environment
    PPE supplied as needed
    Good management

Cons

Too much overtime and weekends
    a lot of nepotism
    employee bullying occurred often

Have training on lateral violence in the workplace. A lot of bullying and racism occurring in the manufacturing areas. Racism in our plant was reverse racism....the blacks towards the whites. It was really crazy. A lot of bullying occurring too.

The best in my life

Former Employee - Engineering  in  Sherman, TX
    Former Employee - Engineering in Sherman, TX

I worked at Eaton as an intern for less than a year

Pros

The people, they are always to take time to help you

Cons

less opportunity for foreigner intern

Awesome Company to work for.

Current Employee - Project Engineer
    Current Employee - Project Engineer

I have been working at Eaton full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Benefits are really good. Company Laptop, paid phone bill, 401k, insurance coverage, HSA, and lots of fun outings.

Cons

You definitely know that you are salary and work a lot more than 45 - 50 hours a week. Lot of late nights and weekends. Think that's why we have a laptop.

Worked for Eaton? Contribute to the Community!