Eaton

Eaton Reviews

Updated Apr 14, 2014

Eaton CEO & Chairman Sandy Cutler

Sandy Cutler

Pros:
  • "Reasonable benefits, work life balance depending on team, reasonable compensation"
    in 35 reviews
  • "Good educational program and lots of opportunities to move up the company with some sacrifices"
    in 10 reviews
Cons:
  • "Lots of Over-time is an expectation of employment, so work life balance is not supported"
    in 13 reviews
  • "If employees are working such long hours they at least need time away with their families"
    in 10 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Lots of opportunity for development

I have been working at Eaton full-time for more than 5 years

ProsProcess driven, global company with a successful record of financial performance and strong growth through acquisitions. Many opportunities for career advancement, with mature talent management processes and good relocation policy. You will likely work with many very smart, driven, capable professionals, who will further contribute to your learning and development. Outstanding CEO.

ConsMany processes and requirements from large corporate structure can be burdensome for the businesses and plants, and sometimes you encounter people who execute processes for the sake of the process without considering the cost/benefit equation.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep working on creating more diversity and inclusion in the workforce and management team.

Large, safe, conservative, fortune 500 company that pays the bills.

Senior Control Systems Engineer (Former Employee)

I worked at Eaton full-time for more than 5 years

ProsI worked as an electrical engineer. Average to good compensation. Employee concerns are taken seriously. Serious effort is made to keep employees happy.

ConsYour typical bureaucratic problems with large companies. HR, supply chain, IT, purchasing, environmental & health, all make it really difficult to get actual work done.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a serious and realistic look at your safety policy. Is it actually improving the company?

Good employer

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Eaton full-time

ProsGood place to work most of the time

ConsMicro management is excessive Hard to get work done.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet your employees do their jobs.

Eaton Review

Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee)
Euclid, OH

I worked at Eaton full-time for more than 10 years

ProsThe work was very interesting and I liked what I did.

ConsSome of the internal auditors weren't interested in improving production, but just making notches on their records.

Eaton/ Project Management

Project Coordinator (Current Employee)
Asheville, NC

I have been working at Eaton full-time for less than a year

ProsEaton has a very unique company culture that is unmatched. The work environment is very 'laxed and training is nontraditional. You get actual experience. The hire the people not the position, which makes a great difference. I feel very comfortable in the workplace, it's a business casual environment. You get to interview for promotions, rather than waiting to get one.

ConsWe sit often, that 's not great for your help, you also deal with several customers, distributors who all have several different personalities so you cannot allow your emotions to get involved with the job. Must stay with the company at least 1-2 year before being considered for advancement.

Advice to Senior ManagementI enjoyed the way that my particular managed runs our team, he allows things to happen as they should with training, and allows hands on experience, and allows his employees to work within their on own environment to do what is best and the most productive for them. Every manager doesn't have this style so they should be aware of micromanagement. Also more of an investment in internal promotion and making sure employees are aware of advancement opportunity.

One of the best companies I ever worked for

Buyer (Former Employee)

I worked at Eaton full-time for more than 3 years

ProsSenior leadership was top notch. I was treated fairly and always felt like a valuable team contributor. I was offered an opportunity to move to Michigan, but felt that was not a good move for me.

ConsSome staff were not held as accountable as others.

There are better locations to practice engineering. Eaton in Jackson MS, not a good environment.

Senior Engineer (Current Employee)
Jackson, MS

I have been working at Eaton full-time

ProsSalary and flexibility...that's about it.

ConsOld helicopter management style, need supplies and equipment to do your job, forget it. Facility is very old and outdated and not in a good location in Jackson MS...but that's most locations in Jackson.

Advice to Senior ManagementMature a little and trust your employees.

Professional, limited opportunity

Analyst (Current Employee)

I have been working at Eaton as a contractor for more than a year

ProsGreat corporate environment. Everyone is professional.

ConsLack of opportunity in some sectors. Some people get comfortable in their positons, don't perform.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Ick

Engineer (Current Employee)
Pittsburg, CA

I have been working at Eaton as an intern for less than a year

ProsVery little to write home about. This isn't a review you want to read. So much stuff they make you do to say they don't want you.

ConsThey are no good and I hate them. I wish I never event went to the interview. It was a wast of time.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop being shitty

worked at Eaton for 3 years

I have been working at Eaton

Prosresources, opportunites, good poeple, many locations

Conslarge corporation, red tape, bureaucratic

Worked for Eaton? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Eaton reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Eaton CEO Sandy Cutler. All 380 reviews posted anonymously by Eaton employees.