Eaton Reviews

Reset
3.5
Eaton Chairman & CEO Alexander M. Cutler
Alexander M. Cutler

Pros
  • Company tries to keep work-life balance (in 47 reviews)

• Good Benefits, but could be better (in 26 reviews)

Cons
  • Most staff lack adequate backup support; work life balance is talked about; not necessarily promoted (in 24 reviews)

• If employees are working such long hours they at least need time away with their families (in 10 reviews)

1. Eaton - truly a great company

Current Employee - Human Resources in Cleveland Heights, Cuyahoga, OH
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Cleveland Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

Pros

Leadership at all levels. Exciting company that values its employees and has a vision of where it is going

Cons

The locations of many of our plants in the US are in very rural areas.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.

Looking for great pay and challenging work? Eaton is for you.

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Moon Township, PA
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Moon Township, PA

Pros

PAY!! Compared to other places to work, these guys are dishing out cash like it's going out of style. They are extremely competitive...but get ready to work! There are great career opportunities around the entire country. Most importantly, they want you to keep learning and will pay for you to go to school to get a higher degree (including books). You are recognized by upper management and your co-workers constantly for good work and many people here are friendly and outgoing. The work never gets boring and you will learn more than you thought you ever could in a short period of time.

Cons

A lot of work. If you value spending a lot of time with your family, you might not want to work here and move up the ladder. Maybe lower positions are for you but they expect you to give a lot to the company. I see many of upper managers travel A LOT and attend meetings "out the behind". There is a lot of competition here, so if you do not want to work for your higher position, don't apply for a job. This is a very large company so it is easy to get lost and things take a while to get done because of the work volume.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. People here work hard for you!!

Best results are always produced when you work for great companies.

Current Employee - Materials in Asheville, NC
    Current Employee - Materials in Asheville, NC

Pros

One of the many reasons why I love to work for Eaton is that it makes you produce great results with a sense of satisfaction. I have worked at Eaton for almost 3 years and there is not one day where I have felt bad going to work. The way Eaton treats their employees are in line why they are one of the best companies to work for. The other reasons why I love to work for Eaton are good career path, diversified manufacturer, great benefits and so on. One place where we could improve is to diversify our existing business and become more globalized.

Cons

I personally did not see any downside with the company.

Advice to Management

They are very good leaders.

Satisfied Employee

Current Employee - IT Manager in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - IT Manager in Cleveland, OH

Pros

Growt hopportunities, Respects you as individual, fail pay

Cons

Not a market leader, always a follower in technologies, very little research and Development

Advice to Management

Invest more in technology, streamline acquisitions

hope this is a genuine web site.

Current Employee - Senior Quality Engineer in Marshall, MI
    Current Employee - Senior Quality Engineer in Marshall, MI

Pros

I can't think of any other company after working here for so long. It is a very good company to work.

Cons

don't find much flaw at this point.

Advice to Management

Be more aggressive on these aspect, hunt for new business, secure current business. I love to work for this company and retaire in this company so I need more job security.

Fantastic company to work for with extraordinary ethical leadership from the top down.

Current Employee - IT Manager
    Current Employee - IT Manager

Pros

Work hard and you will rise in the organization. Salary and benefits will reward those who work hard.

Cons

Very lean, can require extra effort to accomplish assigned duties. Global diversity and lack of travel make communications difficulty.

Advice to Management

A little more recognition to the people who make the difference. Sr Mgt get good bonuses, lowere levels get pat on back, economy is tough on everyone, reward everyone the same.

Great place to work.

Current Employee - Sales Engineer
    Current Employee - Sales Engineer

Pros

Great management with great opportunity to advance or stay where you are. The people I have worked with over my career have treated me great and management has always had a family 1st attitude.

Cons

All my experiences with Eaton have been positive. In field sales we are paid as a team with emphisis on focus products, the team con

Advice to Management

If someone chooses not to move up the ladder and they do a great job where they are, make sure you reward them.

Eaton will weather this strom.....

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MI

Pros

Eaton balances the investment of all key stakeholders: Customers (i.e. Aerospace customer centric initiative), Employees (i.e. fair compensation/career growth/safety), Investors, and our Communities (i.e. Corporate Charitable Contributions....Eaton gave our commuity over $100,000 last year!) Eaton's unwavering values, inclusive culture, leadership capability and the dedication of our employees will get us through this economic storm! Im proud to work for Eaton.

Cons

Matrix structure can result in disconnects

Advice to Management

Take advantage of the 'best practices' identified across Eaton...encourage employees to focus more on continuous improvement

Right out of College, with Eaton, for three years

Current Employee - Development Program - Supply Chain Management in Euclid, OH
    Current Employee - Development Program - Supply Chain Management in Euclid, OH

Pros

lot's of opportunity to learn and grow within a multitude of areas. Eaton will take their best and brightest and train them, take care of them, move them around the country/world to teach you about the company. Eaton is in an incredible position to take on emerging markets, like hybrid technology, and wind turbine growth.

Cons

Eaton has a silo approach where many people have two bosses that they report to, which of course can create complications as far as goals are concerned and who has the final say.

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you're doing

A great place to work

Current Employee - IT Manager in Moon Township, PA
    Current Employee - IT Manager in Moon Township, PA

Pros

Eaton Corp is a fantastic place to work. Great benefits, great people, great leadership.

Cons

The industry isnt' the most exciting, but other than that, none

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing

RSS Feed </> Embed