Eaton Reviews

577 reviews filtered by
3.4
Eaton Chairman & CEO Alexander M. Cutler
Alexander M. Cutler

Pros
  • Reasonable benefits, work life balance depending on team, reasonable compensation (in 47 reviews)

• Good benefits and room for professional growth (in 26 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/Life Balance can become an issue in most departments because of understaffing (in 24 reviews)

• If employees are working such long hours they at least need time away with their families (in 10 reviews)

1. Field service technician

Current Employee - Field Service Technician
    Current Employee - Field Service Technician

I have been working at Eaton full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Really good pay and benefits. Company truck with personal use encouraged, not just allowed.
    Company pays upfront for all expenses.

Cons

The spontaneous assignment of jobs. Constant overtime and days to weeks away from home.
    Lack of information on what a job requires; much less how to do it.
    Managament gets just ridiculously tight with expenditures over the silliest and simplest of things for no apparent reason.

Significant improvement to work force. Double it.

2. Eaton is a great Company with room to grow.

Current Employee - Sales Engineer
    Current Employee - Sales Engineer

I have been working at Eaton

Pros

The ability to do work from home, flexible work schedule. Down to earth people.

Cons

Some people feel as iff the leadership is taking an approach to appease Wall Street instead of customers.

Get back to quality, Eaton is lacking in this area and will need to recover from mistakes if this is not taken care of immediately.

3. A great place to be!

Current Employee - Analyst in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Analyst in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Eaton

Pros

A great company that cares about it's quality of product, quality employees and managers. It has great benefits too!

Cons

Oddball projects at the last hour

none, keep it up!

5. Working for Eaton has been fun and confusing, Good people, but not very open with benefit package

Current Employee - Senior Product Engineer in Grapevine, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Product Engineer in Grapevine, TX

I have been working at Eaton

Pros

Good People and the job is not that demanding

Cons

No true Corp. Ladder structure

Have no clue is this is even possible

6. Skilled Position

I have been working at Eaton

Pros

I do not have anything good to say about Eaton for I feel that we have become a second rate company since the acquisition of Cooper Industries. We were told that this was a merger, but I don't agree with all the secrets and the covering of the Cooper Industries logo.

Cons

We are a legacy Cooper facility. Our pay and benefits have been drastically affected by the acquisition of Cooper Industries by the Eaton Corporation. We have become so overcrowded and disorganized since the takeover. I feel that we have lost that small family atmosphere. Eaton makes me feel like a number instead of somebody. I think Eaton is too big. Monopolies will tend to fall in the long run.

none

7. It could be better

Current Employee - Power Systems Engineer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Power Systems Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at Eaton

Pros

Flexible to work from home, Lots of intelligent engineers and Power Systems Engineer

Cons

Time-off policies, compensation.This group needs better management and structure

8. Good experience working for Eaton

Current Employee - ETLP, Senior Engineer
    Current Employee - ETLP, Senior Engineer

I have been working at Eaton full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

* Leadership Development Programs with Eaton are a great opportunity to learn a lot in a short time.
    * Eaton has Electrical, Vehicle, Aerospace, Hydraulics and more. As an Engineer there are many great places to work, and many of the skills transfer well across different parts of the company.
    * Pay and benefits are good.

Cons

* Nothing too notable. Most things come down to preference.

* Develop, develop, develop. Look for ways to open doors for your employees. Managers who do this are highly valued.

9. Downward spiral.

Current Employee - Team Leader in Arden, NC
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Arden, NC

I have been working at Eaton full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Solid, yet highly unappreciated workforce. Tuition re-imbursement plan is competitive. Company is highly safety oriented.

Cons

Constant reduction in benefits. Company is committed to reducing salaries across all phases of manufacturing, as well as office personnel. Experienced employees, with higher salaries, jobs are looked at as liabilities.

Quality employees keep you in business. The better your workforce, the higher your profits. Eaton constantly talks about employees being their most valued asset; treat them like it!

10. A good place to work in a small town with mostly great co-workers.

Former Contractor - Welder in Toccoa, GA
    Former Contractor - Welder in Toccoa, GA

I worked at Eaton as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Eaton boasts of being uber ethical, and they try hard to operate that way. They try hard to be really safety minded, sometimes to a fault. They give you plenty of hours and lots of overtime. On my team/shift, there was a real spirit/attitude of camaraderie and teamwork. They do take good care of their employees.

Cons

There is a lack of clear communication. They set goals and then raise the bar right at the last minute. They require a LOT of hours and overtime. Organization and tool & supply is lacking. There are many who want to be directive but few who want to really lead by example. Many times the ones who really lead do not get the credit or the compensation. Some of the leadership let their egos lead. The training was poor and the orientation was non-existent.

Communication between management and production needs a lot of improvement. Expectations are very unclear. There should be a real overhaul of orientation and training procedures. Supply chain needs a lot of improvement. Quit working everyone to death and make clear where people need improvement, with plenty of help to get there. Equipment and tools need a big upgrade to cut down on inconsistencies in manufacturing. Some real management training and team building exercises would probably help improve things.

11. Southern Hospitality

I worked at Eaton

Pros

The facility is clean. People are nice and kind, ready to help, like anywhere in rural area in the south.

Cons

The location is middle of nowhere. Miserable cafeteria with a vending machine and a dirty microwave.
    No policy of flexible work hours for office professionals.
    HR manager is busy distributing e-mails about company announcements.
    People were walked out of the door discretely in case of lay-off without any notice, even after 20 years of dedicated work - that was the scariest.