Eaton

Eaton Reviews

Updated Jul 27, 2014

Eaton CEO & Chairman Sandy Cutler

Sandy Cutler

Pros
  • Reasonable benefits, work life balance depending on team, reasonable compensation (in 41 reviews)

• The company offers opportunities for advancement, and will promote from within (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/Life Balance can become an issue in most departments because of understaffing (in 18 reviews)

• If employees are working such long hours they at least need time away with their families (in 10 reviews)

More Highlights

Good Experience

Operations (Former Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

ProsGreat work environment, at least where I worked. Everyone helps each other and keeps it a very balanced environment

ConsNot many. I worked as a contractor and my only "complaint" would be that the policy towards contractors should be made more "human." Contractors work hard and I think there should be more recognition of that.

Advice to Senior ManagementSee Cons. I think you have a great company.

Stable and Ethical

ProsVery stable company and general great teams to work with

ConsUnderstaffed and slow to make decisions

They take good care of their employees.

Operations Co-Op (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsI learned a lot about manufacturing. When I walked in the door I knew nothing about manufacturing. The benefits Eaton offers are top of the line if you want to go back to school they will pay no questions asked.

ConsEaton being a large company inherently has its bureaucracy. Since there are so many regulatory agencies watching them things move slow. Also the amount of meetings management has was just a tad ridiculous. They would meet almost all day every day and no changes would be made.

Advice to Senior ManagementAsk your operators what they think before moving forward

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

excellent

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Proscompany is very ethic company

ConsI do not have any cons for the company

I was asked to scan and download final publication of reports onto CD's for permanent files.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIt was a position where I was asked to do other things as well and it was interesting

ConsIt was a temporary position

Advice to Senior ManagementHire people who are willing to work regardless of their age. If I'm 70 years old and want to work, I'll apply. If I don't want to work, I won't apply.

Good

Tech Support (Former Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsGreat benefits
    Good salary
    Annual cost of living adjustments

ConsPetty politics
    Constant reorganizations
    Lay-offs
    Lack of strategic and future vision

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember that people -- employees and customer make or break a company. People are your most valuable asset

Good place to start your career & grow. Many life long employees.

Financial Analyst (Current Employee) Cleveland, OH

ProsEaton invests in their employees, good values, competitive benefits. Global company with lots of oppotunities always available due to nature of the business - growing through acquisitions. Challenging work, great, passionate people.

ConsNeed to be geographically flexible in order to advance your career - especially in finance. If you would like to stay in one location your opportunities will become much more limited and you will likely be pressured to consider moving. Some departments are overstaffed (headquarters), while operations is often in dire need of additional headcount, leading to overworked employees at the plant level. IT systems are very old (think 70's) and not much investment is put into advancing important infrastructure.

Great place to work

Engineering Specialist (Current Employee) Southfield, MI

ProsWork is challenging, you need to be resilient and ready for set backs but it is rewarding. I am really satisfied with work and my colleagues. The company still has pension and benefits are good.

ConsPay could be better. Long term plans need to be communicated better

Advice to Senior Managementkeep doing the good work. Communicate more than safety and plan longer term and communicate it

Sr. Planner

Senior Production Control Planner (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsPeople, System, Products and best of all employee relationship/team work.

ConsUnderutilized and lack of attentions when and where new ideas are suggested.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep promises made to your employees.

A global organization with a good old boys network.

Assembler (Former Employee) Durham, NC

ProsEaton is an excellent company to try out your degree.

ConsThere is a still an issue within the ranks to promote only those who might not fit the bill.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of the good ole boy system.

Worked for Eaton? Contribute to the Community!