Eaton

Updated August 21, 2014

3.5

Eaton CEO & Chairman Sandy Cutler
Sandy Cutler

Pros
  • Reasonable benefits, work life balance depending on team, reasonable compensation (in 41 reviews)

• The company offers opportunities for advancement, and will promote from within (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/Life Balance can become an issue in most departments because of understaffing (in 18 reviews)

• If employees are working such long hours they at least need time away with their families (in 10 reviews)

More Highlights

Providing Technical Service for CAD and quality assurance towards improving support operations

Former Employee - CAD PDM/PLM Analyst  in  Pune (India)
    Former Employee - CAD PDM/PLM Analyst in Pune (India)

Pros

One of the most ethical companies in the world, and is into diversified engineering business in more than 150 countries across the world. Entire business is professionally managed.

Cons

Some of the activities were monotonous and repetitive in nature as it was more about daily operations management

excellent

Pros

company is very ethic company

Cons

I do not have any cons for the company

Great place to work

Current Employee - Engineering Specialist  in  Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Engineering Specialist in Southfield, MI

Pros

Work is challenging, you need to be resilient and ready for set backs but it is rewarding. I am really satisfied with work and my colleagues. The company still has pension and benefits are good.

Cons

Pay could be better. Long term plans need to be communicated better

keep doing the good work. Communicate more than safety and plan longer term and communicate it

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sr. Planner

Current Employee - Senior Production Control Planner  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Production Control Planner in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

People, System, Products and best of all employee relationship/team work.

Cons

Underutilized and lack of attentions when and where new ideas are suggested.

Keep promises made to your employees.

Development programs are very good

Current Employee - Development Program Participant (Entry-level)  in  Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Development Program Participant (Entry-level) in Cleveland, OH

Pros

I started my career with Eaton in one of their development programs, which are 2-3 year rotational programs for which you spend one year at a time working in a particular job before moving to another city and a different job. The idea is to introduce you to the business while you develop a range of job skills and experiences. I've so far been very happy with how I've been treated and compensated. Eaton seems to place of a lot of emphasis on making sure development program participants are happy and interested in their jobs. Most people at my large office work normal hours, which suggests good work-life balance to me.

Cons

The industries Eaton is in aren't very interesting, the company culture isn't fast-paced, and a lot of their plant locations are in the middle of nowhere. Packing up and moving every year for 2-3 years can be a little difficult.

Upper managers I have worked with seem to have much worse work-life balance, which is a concern to me if I stay with the company. I work around 40 hours a week and am fine with that, but I would be unhappy to work the kind of hours some of the upper managers in my division work. That might be a generational thing, to think higher compensation and greater authority is worth working 60+ hours a week, but it wouldn't be worth it to me.

It is an excellent Company in which a could increase and apply my knowledge as a proffesional.

Former Employee - Buyer  in  Arecibo, PR
    Former Employee - Buyer in Arecibo, PR

Pros

I found this position a great opportunity for my professional growth.

Cons

Everything is great but we need to be prepared to work under pressure.

Best Company I have ever worked for.

Pros

This company is by far the most business savvy, yet employee friendly, organization I have ever worked for. They do an outstanding job of setting goals, communicating expectations, providing training and resources to get the job done, listening to employees' ideas and letting them help make changes that makes the work easier, and the pay is strong, and benefits are better than any other that I have had.

Cons

There are some areas in the organization where certain leaders seem to move up together. If you are in that "herd" you can be sure of being pulled up the chain as your buddy gets to his next job. These are good people with good skills, but it is unsettling to see the inevitable ripple effect of them following each other through the organization. It makes people who are not a part of that "chain" feel that they really don't have a chance of obtaining certain jobs. Thank goodness this is ONLY a pocket or two ... for the most part, I do feel there is real opportunity for everyone who wants to learn and grow.

Keep doing what you are doing. Eaton is the best ... it's up to you to help maintain that status. Sandy, you are a brilliant leader and role model. When you retire, please help the Board understand the importance of maintaining the values that have made Eaton such a special place. Your successor needs to value "doing the right thing" as much you do and be as concerned about all segments of the business as you are. A strong leader is so important.

supervisor

Pros

great people to work with

Cons

undermanaged and in need of restructure

Challenging and Rewarding Internship

Current Employee - EMSP Engineering Intern  in  Waukesha, WI
    Current Employee - EMSP Engineering Intern in Waukesha, WI

Pros

Promoted and place into a supervisor role mid-internship.
    Challenging projects.
    Technical projects that require application of class knowledge.

Cons

No cons for this company.

Don't be shy to give interns supervisor roles if possible.

I am associated with Eaton Corporation-Pune for last 5 years and believe that this is a "Great Place to Work".

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Pune (India)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Pros

Very good work life balance
    Good pay master
    An ethical organisation

Cons

I personally don't find anything which will make me think that i should quit Eaton

India has great talent pool. Focus should laid on building Eaton's India footprint

Worked for Eaton? Contribute to the Community!