Eaton Reviews

1. Regional Sales Manager

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Eaton

Pros

Great career opportunities since it is such a large companies

Cons

Need to move around quite a bit to be promoted.

Product Engineer.

I worked at Eaton full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

What you'd expect from a big company . Very cooperate, not a great company for engineers. I would recommend this job to any unskilled laborer but not an engineer.

Cons

Most engineers that work at Eaton aren't skilled in being an engineer. It's more or less a "role". Your role as engineer is to push product not to engineer a product, but push a product for profit. There is no incentive for the company to provide you with skills. Your skill is to master "EATON"'s protocol of products and move up in the company that way. Take any Engineer that works for Eaton out of the structure of Eaton and he's practically useless. This is how they want it.

Disappointing so far

Current Employee - Manufacturing Supervisor in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Manufacturing Supervisor in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Eaton (Less than a year)

Pros

The biggest pro is the flexible attitude to personal/casual time. The managers adopt a hands-off approach to management and allow me to get my job done without micromanagement.

Cons

They are a numbers/dollars oriented organization that care very little to the development or continued education of their employees. As long as you are hitting the metrics every month there seems to be little desire to improve their employees work knowledge, it is entirely on the employee to do this. They are very much an "old school" organization that value longevity over talent, not rocking the boat over new ideas. It is very difficult to dislodge any management level people because of poor employment because of the rampant "good old boy" mentality.

5. Positive Experience

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Galesburg, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Galesburg, MI

I have been working at Eaton

Pros

Incentives for community service and healthy lifestyles Flex schedules Fun group of people to work with

Cons

I cannot think of any cons

No longer what it used to be and 2 stars because I rounded up

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Galesburg, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Galesburg, MI

I worked at Eaton full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay is pretty good, considering the cheap cost-of-living of the area. Not much else to talk about.

Cons

Work/life balance? Fostering environment? Growth? Nope. Dwindling pay/benefits, longer hours, less resources, and less headcount to perform your always increasing job responsibilities. Lack of insight from management and development/technology is stagnant.

Advice to Management

The reputation Eaton had the only thing keeping it together. Get your act together and practice what you preach.

Would recommend this company to my friends and family. Here is why...

I worked at Eaton

Pros

Great culture and co-workers. Enjoyed coming into work everyday and feeling like my opinion and work was respected.

Cons

Locations of Eaton overall can be tough if you want to stay in a city. Moving to rural towns just wasn't in my cards.

8. Welder

Current Employee - Welder
    Current Employee - Welder

I have been working at Eaton full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of overtime, job security, a very visually rewarding job

Cons

Double standards, management is either really really good or really really bad to keep it short.

Advice to Management

Real life common sense... And leave your home life at home... your school books don't define people skills and how to coincide and treat individual people fairly and on a personal level. Some people have very rough lives and try to do the best they can everyday regardless of rumors and your personal feelings. And if your not in their "little click" then they spread rumors and one person can say something that isn't true and the next thing you know people are on your back and out for blood. And if I'm soaked in sweat, giving all I have left, because I'm extremely grateful for my job and being able to take care of your family....then maybe you should say you appreciate the effort even if I'm not the best.

Supervisor

Current Employee - Supervisor in Highland, IL
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Highland, IL

I have been working at Eaton full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good job with good benefits mid range pay. The leadership is willing to work with the employees to resolve iaaues

Cons

Forced to work too much overtime and Saturday sometimes. Leadership does not hold people accountable for their actions. Lack of upward movement

Advice to Management

They need to listen to the work force and plan better when they move equipment around so floor space does not sit idle for long periods of time

LDP - OE

I worked at Eaton

Pros

The opportunities for advancement in the LDP program. Also the rotational aspect of the program allows new hires to see several parts of the company.

Cons

The program moves new hires every year and moving that often can make it difficult to get settled into a particular role within the organization.

Advice to Management

The company has grown significantly in the last 5 years. Management should try to create a more cohesive culture between different regions and facilities.

It's good

Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Eaton full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It's a good place to work. I enjoy it. The people are great. Everyone treats each other fairly. Strong sense of teamwork

Cons

A little too much tolerance and coddling of non-performers. Places additional burden on high performers.

RSS Feed </> Embed