Eaton Reviews

• Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

1. Good work environment

I worked at Eaton (More than a year)

Pros

Work life balance is good. Best thing about Eaton is, you are given a chance to pursue your interests

Cons

For IT, growth is limited.

Love the company but definite concern about future

Former Employee - Program Manager in Galesburg, MI
    Former Employee - Program Manager in Galesburg, MI

I worked at Eaton full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Eaton gives employees a lot of opportunities to take on different projects. They truly work to develop a person, and have a great review system to track your progress and be rewarded for it.

Cons

Financial state of the company doesn't look too promising. They are losing market share in each division, people getting fired, and people are quitting. Since there are four sectors, it sometimes feels like a small company and it is hard to advance if you do not reach out to find positions.

Advice to Management

Allow opportunities for employees to move positions in the company. Put the right people in the right seats, and be willing to completely change a department if needed. Cut costs where you can. For example, we don't all need two monitors (even though it is definitely a perk!) Larger companies have better relationships with top-level management... work to increase that as well.

3. forklift driver

Current Employee - Forklift Driver in Vicksburg, MS
    Current Employee - Forklift Driver in Vicksburg, MS

I have been working at Eaton full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Treat people wrong they don't respect they worker

Cons

Don't appreciate nothing they worker do.

5. Corporate Manager

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Beachwood, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Beachwood, OH

I have been working at Eaton full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

It is a solid and stable company to work for.

Cons

It can be challenging to advance

Poot management yields lackluster performance.

I have been working at Eaton full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people you work with from the floor to the front office are great and friendly. Lots of knowledge on the floor due to the low turnover rate for the production team. Many have 10+ years of experience. Decent pay, good 401k match, and the company in general seems to care for its employees (as evidenced by reimbursement for gym memberships, and MULA/VULA instead of laying people off). Strong company to work for.

Cons

Management is trying to squeeze every last drop possible from the plants. Bonuses are based on overall plant performance, not individual performance. You could work your butt off and not get a penny because another section of the plant hasn't carried their weight. Understaffing is a major issue, production has ramped up over the last year but no increase in personnel. Lots of stress and overtime for the production teams and front office is being pushed for it if they're willing. Very little recognition for jobs well done, reward for high performance is very small compared to the amount of work put in. While turnover on the floor is low, it has been quite high in the front office. Low turnover on the floor has also created a sense of entitlement for a few. Low sense of urgency on the floor, arguments about trivial matters (it's not my job to answer the door. This was an actual argument), some of the team have become quite lazy over the years and are starting to spread it to the new workers. However all this ties back to management. There is no punishment or repercussions for poor performance or repeated mistakes, and no praise for high performance. Creates an atmosphere of "why bother, what's the point?". It cascades down through every position and amplifies the amount of work for those who actually try and care.

Advice to Management

Get rid of low performing members. Reward those who have shown exemplary performance. Get more team members if you're going to try to increase the monthly quota. If something isn't done soon there are going to be major issues.

Their way or the highway....

I have been working at Eaton full-time

Pros

They replied to my application.

Cons

I applied for a job with Eaton as a CSR. They got in touch with me a full month later. I studied the reviews here and was prepared with some probing questions. This company expects mandatory OT and shifts that vary. The gentleman who contacted me was a bit over eager to get me in to interview. I wanted some basic questions answered 1st so as not to waste either of our time. I am not willing to work mandatory OT. I would consider it if I was saving for something special. I also did not want shifts that would vary. My job of the last decade taught me an important lesson. Your family MUST come 1st. No job is worth putting your relationship with your family in jeopardy. He was unwilling to bend on this. To his credit, he was cordial and understood my point.

Advice to Management

Please realize that many employees seek work/life balance. Better employees are not willing to take anything you hand out with a smile. If you want top notch employees, you will need to be more flexible. BTW, the photo of your employees on your site spelling out "Eaton" with their company polo shirts looked like a small version of a North Korean People's rally! You may want to rethink that. (roll eyes)

8. Its A Job

Current Employee - Assembly Technician in Greenwood, SC
    Current Employee - Assembly Technician in Greenwood, SC

I have been working at Eaton full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The pay is decent Benefits are good

Cons

Advancement is almost impossible, there is a lot of favoritism wish there were better opportunities, I used to love to work at this place but all of that has changed.

Advice to Management

Focus more on the employee and show more appreciation because without them there would be no EATON.Examples higher pay for what we do, and a bonus every now and then would do.

Forklift operator

Former Employee - Forklift Operator in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Forklift Operator in Memphis, TN

Pros

Good benefits, nice atmosphere, good people.

Cons

Hours would fluctuate a lot.

Advice to Management

Very hard to do

Lead Engineering Technician

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Asheville, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Asheville, NC

I worked at Eaton full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great place to work, absolutely loved working for Eaton

Cons

I can think of no Cons of working for Eaton

Advice to Management

Weed out the 30,35 year people that are just milking a HUGE salary and Pension. I understand loyalty but a LOT of these people are taking advantage as well as stalling the upward movement potential of the younger generation that have worked hard for these senior positions.

11. One of the better LARGE corporations

Former Employee - Customer Service Engineer in Eden Prairie, MN
    Former Employee - Customer Service Engineer in Eden Prairie, MN

I worked at Eaton full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Eaton has made strides toward being an integrated company, meaning that best practices from one sector of the business can be shared across the company. Eaton also treats employees like intelligent, honest adults with its sick leave policy. And because it is a large and growing company, there are opportunities for advancement.

Cons

Because it is a large company, it can be hard to get things done in a quick fashion and learning your way through the myriad of different functions within the company to get to the right person can be challenging.

RSS Feed </> Embed