Eberspaecher North America

1. Employee perpective

Former Employee - Hourly
    Former Employee - Hourly

I worked at Eberspaecher North America

Pros

Great people, team work, open to suggestions, company is growing, plenty of work, always hiring, expanding facilities, good work and life balance

Cons

Facilities not temperature controlled, office space lacking, bathrooms lacking, warehouse trying to convert to manufacturing facility, high turnover in hourly and plant management

Advice to Management

None

2. Good people

I have been working at Eberspaecher North America full-time

Pros

good people to work with, for being international the corporate side of things stays out of your everyday life. Flexible hours, good benefits, days off easy to use

Cons

The plant could operate with less salary employees. Many positions have multiple people doing them, or could be done by someone else.

3. Management is only looking out for themselves. Doesn

I have been working at Eberspaecher North America

Pros

Easy, laid back atmosphere but they are into the buddy system instead of hard worker.

Cons

Very poor management. Doesn't treat employees as a vital part of their success, instead they treat them like they weren't any better than the equipment that makes the parts.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees a lot better, we're all here for only one reason; to make money to provide for our families!

5. No respect for little people

Current Employee - Production Associate in Northport, AL
    Current Employee - Production Associate in Northport, AL

I have been working at Eberspaecher North America full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Coworkers are great to work with. Hours and pay is decent. Insurance is decent just need to offer a little more.

Cons

Management sucks. Production manager, supervisor, and cell leaders think they can talk to you any kind of way. Human resources and plant manager don't do anything to resolve small issues within plant. There is no opportunities for advancement. Jobs are given to outsiders. No profit sharing. No Christmas bonus. HR hates people and doesn't want to deal with people. Only get 3 days sick time when it takes at least 4-5 days to get rid of flu. Doctors excuses aren't excepted. We get hot dogs and hamburgers for helping company but no kind of Christmas bonus.

Advice to Management

Think more about your employees

6. An excellent company to work for

I have been working at Eberspaecher North America

Pros

I like working here because no job is too hard and there are plenty of people to turn to when you need help. The second shift supervisor "Ron" is one of the best people to work for because he carries a positive attitude and is easily approachable. He recognizes what you do or don't do. It is also very easy to move up in this company because they promote from within

Cons

Sometimes it can get a little hectic because changes are constantly being made and upper management comes down on you pretty hard

Advice to Management

offer more training courses

Growing company

Current Employee - Engineer in Novi, MI
    Current Employee - Engineer in Novi, MI

I have been working at Eberspaecher North America full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Growth of this company is substantial. As with any company that has grown this quickly there has been some growing pains here. The company has been a little unorganized as it has at least doubled in size since I've been here. I've been here for three years. In those three years the company has matured a lot, obtained business with new customers, learned from mistakes and now the future looks bright.

Cons

Somewhat political company, some policies are questionable. Almost growing too quickly, many people are over worked.

Advice to Management

Management has done a great job if you ask me. I work in Novi (headquarters) so it may be different at the plants. In general I would say reduce employee turn over and stop putting people on contracts.

What a joke!

I have been working at Eberspaecher North America

Pros

Decent pay, awesome insurance. A few times a year the management allows pizza party's . There are some really dedicated employees that keep things going.

Cons

The list is long. Management is totally out of touch with what is going on in the plants. In Wixom they make all these plans to make things run "better" but miserably fail and make things worse with double the work for the plant workers. When they are told that things aren't better they just shrug it off and push ahead messing things up more! None of the shifts run on the same page and company rules don't apply to anyone 99 % of the time. HR personnel think it is better to dismiss a complaint then deal with it. There is the issue of overtime. Seven days a week months on end instead of hiring more people. Turn over is a joke.

Advice to Management

Quit working your plant teams so much. Your trying to make too many changes at once in Wixom. You are only hurting the company by not listening to the employees.

9. Informational

Current Employee - Cycle Counter in Wixom, MI
    Current Employee - Cycle Counter in Wixom, MI

I have been working at Eberspaecher North America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My time spent with Eberspaecher North America has been informational, knowledgeable, and fun.

Cons

This is a job, I'm looking for a career.

Advice to Management

Understanding that employees should properly trained about the job, and takes more that just a body to fill a position.

10. Stay clear of this company.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wixom, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wixom, MI

I worked at Eberspaecher North America full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company pays well is probably the best thing about Eberspaecher. Co-workers were great to work with as well. Eberspaecher has a strong presence in Michigan and is expanding.

Cons

Stay away from the Wixom plant, this facility was never meant to be a manufacturing site. It was designed to be a warehouse. Severe lack of Restroom accommodations are nothing like I have seen before from a Tier One automotive company. During winter months office employees had to wear multiple layers of clothing to keep warm. HR and Plant Maintenance were contacted however, the issue was not taken care of in a timely fashion. Management as a whole lacks the initiative to implement the proper rules and procedures to make the company successful. Root cause analysis is scarce, as well as other Quality initiatives. Inventory loss is a daily occurrence with no end in sight. Eberspaecher would prefer to terminate an employee versus training and/or communicating with them.

Advice to Management

Find a new facility and improve what needs to be improved in a timely manner. Policies and procedures are severely lacking and no one in the management team is addressing these issues with any level of importance.

11. Don't do it

I have been working at Eberspaecher North America full-time

Pros

Good product. need 5 words

Cons

Beware of the culture. No focus on profit, no compensation growth for high performers, very political. High employee turnover. Most of the talented people leave quickly. Compensation less then industry standards for positions and scope of work.

RSS Feed </> Embed