Eby-Brown

Add Photos

Dick Wake

Good place to work

Warehouse Picker (Current Employee) Plainfield, IN

Prosgood hours and paid weekly.

ConsLong hours and work on weekend

Secure Employment

General Warehouse (Current Employee)

ProsLots of work and little down time. You are always busy and no lay offs. Good hours and OK pay. There are many managers that moved up trough the ranks.

ConsTo some co-workers, it's "just a job".

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management needs to be more visable on the floor and get to know more employees.

Stressful high-paced workplace

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsFlexible scheduling of work activity, meetings, travel. They have a decent benefits package with health, dental and vision insurance options. They offer a matching 401K program. There are bonus opportunities available.

ConsThere is no respect for a work-life balance. There is too much work expected by employees with little regard to their family life. It is difficult to utilize vacation time as the emails and phone calls do not stop and there is no one available to cover your work while you are gone so when you return it is back to a very stressful environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementLeave the corporate office and spend some time with customers to regain the reality of who you are servicing and what they really value and want. Show you value your employees and stop treating them like minions.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Average Warehouse Job

Warehouse Picker (Former Employee) Springfield, OH

ProsHealthcare, I guess, after you pay off the high deductible.

ConsLong hours, physically draining, no room for advancement and favoritism in management.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore worthy promotions, higher pay and less favoritism.

A decent start

ProsGood for getting your feet wet in a warehouse environment, not much else though

ConsHaving friends there gets you farther

was good experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosbenefits, friendly work place, co-workers were very willing to help. I liked working here, but my family moved so I left the company.

ConsWork life balance is a just ok

Nifty business with tremendous upside opportunity held back by amateurish management.

General Warehouse (Current Employee) Montgomery, IL

Prosgood benefits, friendly atmosphere, emphasis on customer satisfaction, huge potential to increase market share

Consweak, fuzzy communication between management and employees; inadequate investment in facilities and equipment; mediocre training; no quality management system; no integrated procedures documentation; little to no planned cross-training; no articulated growth strategy etc.

Advice to Senior ManagementAddress these and similar issues, and you could triple revenue and quadruple net profit within five years. Engage a top tier consulting team to facilitate and drive change.
    Squeeze waste out of the organization. (TQM)
    Encourage and reward innovation, dialog and risk taking.
    Do not accept "business as usual."
    And for heaven's sake, modernize your logistics and warehousing practices.
    Look around, someone's eating your lunch!

Ok Place to a Start

Night Warehouse Assistant Manager (Current Employee) Ypsilanti, MI

ProsBenefits, 401k, regular room for advancement. It's a good place to develop some skills in a warehouse setting. Rate of pay isn't enough to stay long-term but it has been a good jumping off point.

ConsMinimal job training, long hours, physical work, low pay for work performed.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmployee training at all levels is virtually non-existent. Even management is expected to learn on the job through experience, not through training and preparation.

I loved working at Eby Brown

Night Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) Baltimore, MD

ProsGreat managers ,It was pretty easy work ,

ConsSome of the co workers were rude but I think that happens everywhere you go.our company closed down

Advice to Senior ManagementThe best times at Eby Brown came when they had managers from their main branch come work with us but I also liked other managers before them also.

Always Hiring

Night Supervisor (Former Employee) Rockmart, GA

ProsGood Benefits and fast paced

ConsLow Pay and very few chances to advance to a more challenging position

Worked for Eby-Brown? Contribute to the Community!