Echo Global Logistics

Echo Global Logistics Reviews

Updated Jul 9, 2014

Echo Global Logistics CEO and Director Doug Waggoner

Doug Waggoner

Pros:
  • "Echo Dallas has a great work environment for someone who wants to work hard and play hard"
    in 16 reviews
  • "We even have beer Fridays and get to wear jeans"
    in 10 reviews
Cons:
  • "Terrible commission structure, low salary"
    in 11 reviews
  • "You do not make over your base salary for the first year, and when you do start getting commission it is easily taken away"
    in 5 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Not for the unmotivated.

Dallas, TX

ProsGreat opportunities to make money and learn

After a year you will be an expert in the Logistics industry.

ConsCan be a 24/7 job.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone as of yet.

Echo Dallas, a great place to learn both sales and transportation management

Account Executive (Current Employee)
    Dallas, TX

ProsGreat Co workers, dedicated managerial and executive staff. The company is growing at such a rapid pace, there is a lot of room for internal promotion.

ConsIn my tenure thus far, i have not seen any cons worth noting. At the pace the company is growing, its good to see that they have kept most everyone happy!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the dedication and face time within the branches, it helps motivate employees!

Great Company To Break Into Sales

Inside Sales (Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsYou learn problem solving first hand.

ConsBase Salary sucks and it takes a while to build business. Lead system and CRM suck.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay more.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fast paced, good environment

Scottsdale, AZ

ProsWe have a lot fun at work. Echo does a good job on training and keeping employees informed on the market and develops employees to help them for their career. Echo keeps the morale high by encouraging us and doing fun activities to keep people engaged. There's never a dull moment. My day goes by very fast and it's very exciting helping our clients do the inevitable and everyone shares in each other's successes. I like the people I work with and enjoy the logistics industry overall.

ConsThe system we use has some flaws and seems like the "red bar of death" pops up too often but the Help desk is always available and do a pretty good job at resolving any IT issues with a phone call to the dedicated IT line.

Great Industry - Great place to start and build a sales career!

Client Sales Executive (Current Employee)
    Troy, MI

ProsGreat work environment, young workforce.
    Uncapped commission structure-room to make $$
    Side sales contests to add some money at the start
    Great training, I didn't know anything about freight when I started here.

ConsLike any sales job, can be a grind in the beginning
    Biggest room for advancement outside of building a book of sales is in Chicago HQ

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing, we're growing well!

Best Place to Work In Metro Detroit

Troy, MI

Pros-company culture: casual dress code, young energetic people, beer fridays
    -great managment: good mix of focusing on metrics and pushing us harder to do better than we think we can
    -work hard, play hard: I actually enjoy being at work and competing with my co-workers as well as meeting up with them on the weekends
    -very much a place where you get out what you put in

Cons-there is a high volume of cold calling involved so if you don't like being on the phone or dont have a thick enough skin/no backbone, then its probably not the place for you
    -it can take a long time to start earning commission and I've noticed some of the younger reps right out of college get easily discouraged and a negative attitude gets them no where but out the door. people who came from another sales role seem to "get it" a little more and know the kind of hard work it takes to make it in sales.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend more time developing your team, especially the ones right out of college. Its your job as a manager to figure out how each is motivated and get them back on track when they get frusterated, work on strenghts/weakness, get involved enough to where you are actually invested in seeing them succeed and show it!

Growing company, stable industry, great company culture

Carrier Sales Representative (Current Employee)
    Scottsdale, AZ

ProsEveryone who works here is outgoing, high energy and competitive. Its a casual dress code and can wear shorts which is awesome in the dead of summer. You are constantly busy which makes the day fly by. Its a big open room/sales floor with no cubicals so you sit with your team and all the departments are interacting and negotiating with each other all day which helps you learn the industry and stay updated on market rates.

ConsIt can be very stressful at times and overwhelming in the begining. Since we are a broker, a lot of the problems that arise are out of our control and then you have to relay that information to the customer/carrier. Yes, they are usually upset which is really uncomfortable at first but thats just part of the business and its all about how you handle the situation so if you getting good at that is how you do well.

Advice to Senior ManagementI like the fact that we are not micromanged but it would be nice if the Supervisors had more time to "mentor" us and we could learn from some of the senior reps. When you are new, it can be hard to know where to start or hard to keep yourself motivated becasue the goals seem so far away and are conflicting at times.

my home away from home

Scottsdale, AZ

ProsHands down the people. I was an out of state student at UA and them moved up to Scottsdale with a guy in my frat after graduation but the majority of my friends and all of my family are still back home. I instantly had a new group of close friends the day I joined Echo that I expect I will stay close with several throughout my whole life. There seem to be a lot of midwesterns that I can relate to and get advice from.

ConsCollege is over and this is the real world. As I assume with any job, you are going to have bad days but it is what it is, nothing really bad to write home about.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more visible and involved! Direct Supervisors and other members of my team (and teams of other departments) are fantastic and always happy to help my questions & concerns, no matter how obscure they may be. Rarely see the VPs when they are around and from the few and brief interactions I have had, it appears they have an abundance of knowledge on both the industry and business in general that i would love to be able to learn from! Also, work on disconnect between branches and HQ. I know its becasue we are so far away and in a different time zone, but sometimes it can feel like we aren't as important.

Growing company- great place to build a career

Carrier Sales (Current Employee)
    Scottsdale, AZ

ProsFast paced and growing company with unlimited opportunities. Very supportive management, fun atmosphere, and great co-workers. Very comprehensive training that is beneficial whether or not you have been in the transportation industry. Not a mindless office job where you just go through the motions, something new every day. If you are a hardworker, competitive, and like a sales atmosphere Echo does provide you with the tools to succeed and invests a lot of time/resources in employees. Management is easy to talk to, very positive, always willing to meet with you to discuss questions or frustrations. Monthly reviews that go over performance, success, room for growth, and new goals. This office also likes to celebrate success and recognizes when you do a good job or are improving. New office is in a great location with many windows and lots of natural light.

ConsLess sick days and company holidays than other companies I've worked for.

I didn't know a job like this existed!

Inside Sales (Current Employee)
    Dallas, TX

ProsI absolutely love working at Echo. The Dallas branch has a fun work hard play hard mentality. As long as you are willing to work, this is the place for you. Its a young atmosphere that provides premeir training to their new employees. They bend over backwards to make sure you understand logistics and the sales process. The manager and supervisors are great too. They do not micro manage--they think out of the box and find new and exciting ways to motivate us. We even have beer Fridays and get to wear jeans. The incoming pay is competitive especially in Dallas. I still can't think of a reason to turn this job down. I have recommended some of my close friends, so obviously I think highly of Echo.

ConsIt is sales so you have to be ready to put in the work at the beginning to get a sturdy customer base. Other than that, there aren't very many cons. If you arent happy with something all you have to do is go to someone in management and they will help you. They genuinely want you to enjoy your job.

Worked for Echo Global Logistics? Contribute to the Community!

Echo Global Logistics Videos

Echo Global Logistics – Why Work for Us?

Take a look at the future of logistics... take a look at Echo. Driven, energetic and motivated – the Echo team is made of like minded individuals with one common thread, an opportunity to jumpstart a career at a… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Echo Global Logistics reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Echo Global Logistics CEO Doug Waggoner. All 121 reviews posted anonymously by Echo Global Logistics employees.