Echo Global Logistics

Echo Global Logistics Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Echo Global Logistics CEO and Director Doug Waggoner

Doug Waggoner

Pros
  • Echo Dallas has a great work environment for someone who wants to work hard and play hard(in 18 reviews)

• kickball team on thursdays, softball team on tuesdays, beer fridays and happy hours regularly(in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Also, the commission structure is nearly impossible to get to in the first year-don't believe what they tell you(in 11 reviews)

• Base Salary sucks and it takes a while to build business(in 5 reviews)

Great!

ProsVery nice atmosphere, great place to work, great people to work with. The office is in long beach which is also a nice plus. I would suggest working here to a friend.

ConsThere are not many cons for working at this job. The biggest con is the hours but most days you can get out early. I dont think there are a lot of cons.

Advice to Senior Managementkeep it up!

Great company to grow and develop a career

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

Prospositive environment, young, friendly people
    mini golf course and ping pong table in the office - beer fridays
    business casual dress
    work hard play hard mentality

Consjust like any job environment, some people are difficult to deal with and should be fired but have tenure so they are not.

Advice to Senior Managementdon't tolerate bully's as much as you do

Great opportunity, hard work, can be frustrating at times.

Client Sales Representative (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsThe culture is great. Most people are fairly young and hungry for success. Management is very helpful. They hand out beer on Fridays at the office.

ConsCold calling, sometimes things that are out of your control can temporarily limit your opportunities, there are a ton of employees so one on one help isn't always available, salary is better than most sales jobs but still not great until you make commission.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Echo is an awesome place to work!

Vice President (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsThis is a young and high energy culture with Midwestern values. Super nice people and very social atmosphere. Everyone wants you to succeed. If you've ever thought about giving commissioned sales a try, this is the place to do it.

ConsThe first 6 months are difficult - lots of cold calling. But if you can stick with it you will succeed.

Good place to launch a career but not to stay

Account Executive (Current Employee)

ProsStable industry and company
    Complete benefit and retirement package
    Casual work environment

ConsLack of upward mobility
    Little motivation to excel
    All day long on the phone and emailing
    Gets old fast
    Limited opportunities for relocation
    HQ and regional offices very different cultures

Advice to Senior ManagementWork-life balance and wages need to improve.

Senior Account Executive

Senior Account Executive (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsGreat place to work right out of college as a first job. Fun work environment with good people.

ConsLarge amount of turnover which results in current employees being forced into added responsibilities that do not correlate with added pay.

Echo is a great company to start with for sales experience.

Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee)

ProsIt is a very young company with a high energy atmosphere. It is a great place to build a sales career through learning fundamentals. The training program is very thorough.

ConsThe training program, while thorough, is very tedious. Halfway through the program, all you want to do is hit the floor and start calling.

Advice to Senior ManagementFor carrier sales, I would only suggest more team oriented goals/rewards. It is difficult to break through to commission without a national carrier.

I love it!

Carrier Sales Representative (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsFun , young company. Lots of events to keep employees engaged and active within the company. Great opportunity to make friends and learn about logistics and it's an environment that's growing fast, we are always adding new team members and bringing people in. Great recruiting process and training, I feel like I have learned a lot and I've only been here 2 months. I came from a bank environment and the attitude and culture here is contagious.

ConsGetting started is rough, but what do you expect? I do everything I was trained to do but don't always book a load (Echo speak for closing a deal) and sometimes it's hard to get started, but there are many successful people here who assure me they started the same way and had a difficult time at the beginning so I'm going to true them and stay after it. Hours can be rough too but I'm working with young people my age so it's hard to complain.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to paint a realistic expectation of the job during the interview process by getting more time to talk to current employees and get questions answered.

Inside Sales (Carrier Sales Rep)

Carrier Sales Representative (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsGreat for right out of College, or if you are absolutely desperate. Base is $35k across the board, which comes out to minimum wage after the hours they force you to work. There are a few bright stars among the regional leaders. Young and funish for a minute, until you have to pay rent.

ConsThe company seems to value production, above all else. You will be forced to work 12+ hrs every day, plus a Saturday shift, which you won't be compensated for. They'll tell you that it's an "opportunity" to sell more. But we all know it's just to squeeze you. Soon that $35k is minimum wage and it takes most 8-12 months to "break through" to actual commission earnings. You will see a few examples of people that have broken through on the teams, but they typically make $50k for 12+hr days.

If you'd like to advance, there's a long line, expect 3+ years before you get promoted. If you ask to transfer to another department, HR will remind you that is the job you signed up for etc. Lots of bullying and shoddy people in the company that make trust an issue at all levels.

It's tough when people steal your sales, but when it happens multiple times weekly and the managers defend the people doing the stealing, it's a concern. If you confront the person, they cry foul to the manager which will only earn you a bad mark. Whiny, complainy, young, and entitled. It's scary.

Advice to Senior ManagementPeople in charge of training have no leadership qualities, but are really great at being boss'. Hopefully things change, the long hours and conditions are pretty terrible and the constant mistrust among the peons that make the money happen towards "leadership" is unsettling. There was a kind of mass exodus when I left. Lots of grumblings of poor management being the issue. Worth looking into to avoid lawsuits and bad reviews such as this one. Good Luck.

All around great place to work!

Carrier Sales (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsGreat culture, fun environment, company is willing to change and is not afraid to try new things.

ConsSome long work hours depending on circumstances throughout the day.

Worked for Echo Global Logistics? Contribute to the Community!