Echo Global Logistics Reviews

Reset
3.3
Echo Global Logistics CEO and Director Doug Waggoner
Doug Waggoner

Pros
  • Fun work environment with good people (in 20 reviews)

• Relaxed dress code, beer Fridays, company outings (in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • Terrible commission structure, low salary (in 13 reviews)

• It is very helpful and very in depth which helps once you hit the floor (in 4 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Great Environment! Really Enjoy Coming In To Work

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company culture here is one of a kind. I can truely say that I enjoy coming to work every day. The open desk atmosphere makes it easy to get to know your neighbors. My team is always collaborating together and boucning ideas off of eachother, which I love. Echo is always coming up with new ways to improve and you can really see the excitement throughout the departments.

Cons

Making the dials can get tough at times but my supervisor is always available for support and assistance. It is very clear that hard work pays off and you do see results. Plus, who doesn't love extra money on those paychecks!

Jan 13, 2015 – Talent Sourcing Specialist

Thank you very much for your great review of Echo. We're really glad that you are enjoying your time here and find the work to be challenging and rewarding.

2. Great place to grow professionally

Current Employee - Carrier Sales Representative in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Carrier Sales Representative in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Echo Global does very well with a lot of things. While workling for Echo Global you can be confident that you're getting above average compensation and outstanding benefits. The team and atmosphere are very welcoming and that is a huge selling point. You feel at home around friends when working. No matter the day.

Cons

A few cons for Echo would be misinformation. While nobody outright lies, I do feel like some of the expectations that seem black and white, and straight forward are in fact not and it is just a huge gray area.

Advice to Management

My advice to management would be to set clear and outright expectations.

3. Growing Company with Growing Potential

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great place to start and grow a career. I have been with Echo for 3 years now and have never felt more proud and satisfied with my job and contributions to the greater cause. A few posts on here have said there is no career path. That is dead wrong. It's there, you just have to want it. No company is going to hand you a career on a silver platter. If you work hard and keep your head down and do what's right, you will succeed at Echo. Continuing education and training is available if you choose to participate. I love Echo because it's a large, publically traded company with all the benefits of one (clubs, sports teams, good health care, gym discounts, etc...) with the vibe of a "mom and pop" company. All the execs have an open door policy and encourage feedback.

Cons

As the company grows, it's hard to please all generations and departments. I think they do a great job trying by offering a variety of events and training opportunities and while there's still a need for improvement, nothing changes over night and you can tell management is trying.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! Maybe check in with middle management every now and again to make sure your vision is being executed.

Jul 28, 2015 – HR Representative

Thanks for reviewing your time at Echo and being a champion of our company values! You’re right, we do invest a lot in our employees because they’re our number one asset. The mindset that “Better is ... More

5. Glad I took this job!

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun coworkers. I just moved here from Indiana to work here and I think I'm lucky to have built in friends at work. Lots of potential to make money. Most managers seem very helpful and approachable, I love my current manager, she helps me all the time and is always looking for ways to make all of us better. Lots of free lunches, beer and a Echo stuff (t-shirts and stuff like that). I'm fresh of training so really new to the whole thing but so far, it's been great and I feel good about the future.

Cons

Hours are long but I knew that going into it as the woman I interviewed told me during the process. Can be frustrating at times when you have an option for a load and can't book it for some reason but for the most part that doesn't happen too often.

Advice to Management

Keep on keeping on. Echo had the right ideas and I don't mind coming to work each day.

Jul 28, 2015 – HR Representative

Thanks for writing a review and welcome to the team! Wishing you continued success in your career with us.

6. Love/Hate

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Echo Global Logistics (Less than a year)

Pros

It's a very young environment. Very casual dress code. Beer Fridays are nice and you can meet some pretty cool people. Depending on who you are, you may absolutely fall in love with this job.

Cons

Long hours. But that's the industry standard so it's not like Echo makes you work a ton just because they can. This could be a positive for some actually, but it has a very fratty/sorority feel to it. If you didn't go to a state school and/or didn't participate in Greek life, this could be a bit of a culture shock. Again, this is just the logistics industry and is not exclusive to Echo. Essentially, if 60 hour workweeks and frat-like atmospheres aren't your thing, you may want to skip this company and even the entire 3PL industry altogether. Also, this isn't the only company that does Beer Fridays, but most people don't join a company just for Beer Fridays.

Advice to Management

Really tough to fix the above the cons listed above since they are so ingrained in the nature of the industry. Be a "leader" and not be a "boss." Don't play favorites. Be inclusive and don't give accounts to employees just because you drink with them on the weekend. You aren't getting paid to help out your friends.

7. Best Entry Level Job Period

Former Employee - National Account Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - National Account Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Echo Global Logistics

Pros

Superior work environment. Decent starting pay which is made up for by the commission structure. Great company culture. They provide all the necessary tools to get the job done.

Cons

There are no cons at Echo

Advice to Management

Management runs the company perfectly

Jul 28, 2015 – HR Representative

Thanks for your great review of Echo and best of luck as you continue to grow your career with us!

8. Client Sales Representative

Former Employee - Client Sales Representative in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Client Sales Representative in Chicago, IL

I worked at Echo Global Logistics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

8 - 5 hours, good if you enjoy speaking on the phone and not remaining too active.. management is relaxed and the people who work there are young & fun.

Cons

Everything, management is atrocious, there is no moving up quickly or even at all, working too long of hours for the pay.

Advice to Management

Fix your business structure

9. Great atmosphere. Certain people for this job

Current Employee - Client Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Client Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great management, Fun environment Great team environment and helpful team members WONDERFUL training

Cons

The only con for me was the job itself. Cold Calling 60-80 people a day, and dealing with all the issues that arise from the logistic industry. It personally just wasn't for me.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

Jul 16, 2015 – HR Representative

Thanks for your review and for your contributions to our Sales team in Atlanta. It’s true, sales isn’t the career for everybody but I am glad to hear you feel supported by your manager and team ... More

Operations specialist

Former Employee - Operations Specialist in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Operations Specialist in Chicago, IL

I worked at Echo Global Logistics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The benefits are great enviriment superb all and all everything was nice. Free lunch on fridays are the best. Love this place

Cons

I really dont have anything negative to say.

Advice to Management

Not really

Jul 16, 2015 – HR Representative

Thanks for the positive review of your time with Echo, wishing you success in your future career!

11. Employee

Current Employee - Carrier Sales Representative in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics (Less than a year)

Pros

Cool company to work for Great people you work with Nice benefits

Cons

Extremely long hours Saturated market/Lots of competition Low pay

Jul 28, 2015 – HR Representative

Thanks for your feedback! The hours in Carrier Sales are undeniably demanding because of our commitment to providing the best service and consistently going above and beyond for our clients and ... More

RSS Feed </> Embed