Echo Global Logistics Reviews

157 reviews filtered by
3.1
Echo Global Logistics CEO and Director Doug Waggoner
Doug Waggoner

Pros
  • Echo Dallas has a great work environment for someone who wants to work hard and play hard (in 20 reviews)

• kickball team on thursdays, softball team on tuesdays, beer fridays and happy hours regularly (in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • Sweeping changes in benefits and commission structure were made without warning (in 13 reviews)

• I wasn't 100% prepared when I hit the floor after training (in 4 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Great Environment! Really Enjoy Coming In To Work

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company culture here is one of a kind. I can truely say that I enjoy coming to work every day. The open desk atmosphere makes it easy to get to know your neighbors. My team is always collaborating together and boucning ideas off of eachother, which I love.

Echo is always coming up with new ways to improve and you can really see the excitement throughout the departments.

Cons

Making the dials can get tough at times but my supervisor is always available for support and assistance. It is very clear that hard work pays off and you do see results. Plus, who doesn't love extra money on those paychecks!

Jan 13, 2015Talent Sourcing Specialist

Thank you very much for your great review of Echo. We're really glad that you are enjoying your time here and find the work to be challenging and rewarding.

2. Operations and Sales Intern

Former Intern - Operations and Sales in Dallas, TX
    Former Intern - Operations and Sales in Dallas, TX

I worked at Echo Global Logistics as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

- Lots of recent college grads
    - Fun environment
    - Plenty of happy hours and incentives
    - Great Location
    - Employees help each other learn and succeed

Cons

The starting compensation could be much more competitive. If the base salary was higher, it would provide Echo with better employees from the start and it would still remain beneficial to their current commission structure.

Management was easy to speak with and very accommodating. Management gave realistic goals and advice. Management made sure employees were happy and did their best to resolve issues before they spiraled out of control.

3. Neutral

I worked at Echo Global Logistics

Pros

Money, free food, some cool people, close to good restaurants but they don't like if you take your lunch, not much else to say, middle management is ok

Cons

Nepotism, ten hour days with much downtime, nosey co-workers, favoritism, they drink on Fridays in the office, golfing outside of work gets you places, they take many interviews and too many months to hire

They should say what they mean instead of politely sending you to screw off.

5. Overall - good

Current Employee - Client Sales Executive in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Client Sales Executive in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics

Pros

Good people, fun atmosphere, nice amenities

Cons

Lots of pressure, too many analytics on they out on you for the small things / day to day and not overall

What brought me there was because they said they didn't micro-manage but its becoming more and more that way. Look at overall performance.

6. WORST FREIGHT BROKERAGE EVER

Former Employee - Client Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Client Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Echo Global Logistics

Pros

IF YOU WANT TO BE LAZY AND PLAY FOOZBALL INSTEAD OF WORK, BE LIED TO ABOUT COMMISSION, AND BE TREATED LIKE A CHILD, THIS IS THE PLACE FOR YOU

Cons

EVERYTHING. Low pay, low moral, dying industry, get a real job - dont work at echo after college it will suck the life out of you. you will be the lapdog to your masters.

pay people what they are worth. make commission a real thing. stop lying to people and change your overall strategy for hiring and who you hire.

7. Don't waste your time..

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics

Pros

Aside from beer on Fridays and the softball league, absolutely nothing

Cons

Everything. Management plays favorites from day 1. Egotism is so prevalent here its sickening

Carrier sales-Horrible.

Current Employee - Carrier Sales Representative in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Carrier Sales Representative in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Some good managers, casual dress.

Cons

Plan on working close to twelve hour days and accomplishing nothing during those 12 hours. Management plays favorites and if you not wanting to be a little frat brother to your manager, do not plan on doing well. They have overhired and the money they promise you that is there to make is not existent. You are told to make 100+ phone calls a day; however, because the SOP and guidelines sales reps must follow are so annoying, most carriers will have trouble booking with Echo. Also, Echo is very cheap with the money they allow in each load making that their own enemy. If you enjoy working from 630a-6p including Wednesday before Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, NYE etc, work here. If you want to know your hours, have more than an hour to yourself a day before you have to go to bed to get up and do it all over again, do not work here. Carrier sales must do some serious adjustments before they continue to loose their talent. Also, management will hand out big, national carriers to random reps based on favoritism. While you sit cold calling and getting yelled at by rude dispatches, another rep will have a large carrier put in their name for no reason. Also, rules don't apply across the board so if you aren't a senior rep, again, good luck. Reps are catty and do not want you to succeed. A lot of lying, cheating and stealing on this side of the company. No advancement available.

Equality, help your sales rep achieve their fullest potential, set schedules for employees, be understanding of the problems reps face. Carrier sales is working with shady carriers and they change their mind quite often- it isn't your rep pulling your leg and usually is out of their control. Stop the favoritism towards your frat pledge.

Mar 25, 2015Director of Carrier Sales

We appreciate your feedback. The role can certainly be challenging and we're transparent about the ramp up period in carriers sales. I would be more than happy to talk with you about any issues ... More

9. A fun place to work with good people

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The culture and the people. Many days, it doesn't feel like going to work because the people here become more than coworkers, they become friends.

The company and employees care about your success and want you to do well. The space isn't stuffy, due to not having any cubicles and managers nearby for assistance. This all in itself is a big plus for me!

Cons

Salaries could be higher, but with hardwork and time, the rewards payoff.

Continue at being a coach and fostering success in each employee.

Feb 16, 2015Talent Sourcing Specialist

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. We are fortunate to have such great employees who help us improve daily. One of the big initiatives for 2015 is to promote more open communication ... More

A unique challenge

Former Employee - Carrier Sales Representative in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Carrier Sales Representative in Chicago, IL

I worked at Echo Global Logistics full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Casual dress code
    Young work environment
    Located right next to Cabrini Green
    Low salary teaches you good budgeting
    Unique culture

Cons

Let's start with the hours. I hope you enjoy early mornings because the mandatory start time is 630am. At around 640am the megaphones come out and those who are late are berated in front of their peers by management. There is no defined end time for this role either. I like to relate it to high school; your teacher will tell you when you can leave. Unique to most companies Fridays are actually the longest day of the week at Echo. Management takes privy to making the entire floor stay late on Fridays regardless if there is no work left to be done. It's a very interesting management philosophy to say the least.

As for compensation... Don't expect much. With roughly a 300% increase in department size in the past year commission is harder to come by. Management does do a good job showcasing the select few individuals that have stuck with the company and make decent money. However, don't expect to make more than $35,000 your first year. Keep in mind management has just slashed compensation on the customer side by roughly 20-25% so that first year salary figure may decrease.

At the end of the day you need to come into this job with low expectations. Carrier reps are regarded as glorified truck dispatchers and are at the bottom of the totem pole at Echo. If logistics is an industry that interests you I would recommend pursuing the client sales side. The hours are much more relaxed and the perks are much better (craft beers vs warm miller lite, team outings vs Friday night lock ins, etc.)

Keep doing what you're doing. Investors are getting great end over end results and the hire rate has been high enough to offset the burn out rate. Just be careful with over hiring. Low salary helps hedge the risk but it's important to scale your growth.

Mar 25, 2015Director of Carrier Sales

We appreciate your feedback. I do understand the hours may be considered long but this is made clear before we bring anyone into Carrier Sales. Part of the reason we're increasing our staffing is to ... More

Lots of promise that never materialized.

Current Employee - Account Manager in Santa Cruz, CA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Santa Cruz, CA

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Freight is always moving so there is always opportunity to grow.

Cons

Too much competition in this industry.

Better pay structure would be a strong motivator.

Echo Global Logistics Photos