Echo Global Logistics

Echo Global Logistics Reviews

Updated Jun 30, 2014

Echo Global Logistics CEO and Director Doug Waggoner

Doug Waggoner

Pros:
  • "Echo Dallas has a great work environment for someone who wants to work hard and play hard"
    in 16 reviews
  • "We even have beer Fridays and get to wear jeans"
    in 10 reviews
Cons:
  • "Terrible commission structure, low salary"
    in 11 reviews
  • "You do not make over your base salary for the first year, and when you do start getting commission it is easily taken away"
    in 5 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Echo is an awesome place to work!

Vice President (Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsThis is a young and high energy culture with Midwestern values. Super nice people and very social atmosphere. Everyone wants you to succeed. If you've ever thought about giving commissioned sales a try, this is the place to do it.

ConsThe first 6 months are difficult - lots of cold calling. But if you can stick with it you will succeed.

I love it!

Carrier Sales Representative (Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsFun , young company. Lots of events to keep employees engaged and active within the company. Great opportunity to make friends and learn about logistics and it's an environment that's growing fast, we are always adding new team members and bringing people in. Great recruiting process and training, I feel like I have learned a lot and I've only been here 2 months. I came from a bank environment and the attitude and culture here is contagious.

ConsGetting started is rough, but what do you expect? I do everything I was trained to do but don't always book a load (Echo speak for closing a deal) and sometimes it's hard to get started, but there are many successful people here who assure me they started the same way and had a difficult time at the beginning so I'm going to true them and stay after it. Hours can be rough too but I'm working with young people my age so it's hard to complain.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to paint a realistic expectation of the job during the interview process by getting more time to talk to current employees and get questions answered.

My experience at Echo has been wonderful!

Dallas, TX

ProsThe work atmosphere at Echo Dallas is awesome. This is a young energetic company to work for - the supervisors as well as Branch Manager at Dallas continues to give you the resources you need to succeed as well as encourages you and makes sure you're recognized when you’re hard work is noticed.

ConsIn any job - finding your way in a company is challenging at first. Echo has made this transition easy!

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Echo Dallas - A Young Thrilling&Exhausting Atmosphere

Dallas, TX

ProsIf you are missing college/high school, then Echo is the place for you!!!!!!!
    Work hard, play hard is Echo's Motto.
    When you exceed Echo's expectations your efforts will be praised tremendously!!
    If you ask for help at Echo, you will have numerous people willing and able to assist you!

ConsAngry customers, high school drama, some coworkers/customers sound like doochebagz on the phone, I am getting fat sitting at my desk all day, our manager feeds us too much, predator pray environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit feeding me...just kidding. I LOVE FOOD & MY MANAGER!!!!!! <3

All around great place to work!

Carrier Sales (Current Employee)
    Dallas, TX

ProsGreat culture, fun environment, company is willing to change and is not afraid to try new things.

ConsSome long work hours depending on circumstances throughout the day.

Have fun while expanding your skill set

Client Sales Representative (Former Employee)
    Nashville, TN

Prosyou are in charge of managing the accounts you close

great people with laid back yet competitive office enviroment

transportation not your typical cubical job and gain transferable skill set

Conscustomers and carriers often get angry and mouth off to you but you just have to grin and bear it

Advice to Senior Managementcontinue on the path we've seen recently adding more levels of managment and making teams smaller so reps get more one on one attention

Echo Global Logistics has been phenominal in their training process.

Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee)
    Dallas, TX

ProsThe cool thing about working at Echo Dallas is that we have tons of outuside events that keep the job fun and interesting.

ConsThe only challenge that I feel that may be a problem is moving up within the company after working here for a while. There are a ton of smart people that work here so the competition is pretty tough.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!

Echo Dallas - The Job and Career I've been looking for

Dallas, TX

ProsWhen I walked in the doors I could tell this was not like any place I'd ever worked, and I've been my own boss... CEO and COO of 2 small businesses operated in Dallas.

The work environment, while rigorous, is a very positive learning and coaching environment, as well as being very transparent. I can email the CEO and get a response from him directly in the same day. There's no one too big in the company to reach out to with a concern, idea, suggestion, or insight. That coming from an 8 year old, Billion dollar, Publicly Traded company? "Yeah Right" is what you're thinking, but it's entirely true.

The leadership in the office is involved, but not at the micro-management level (unless you thrive on micro-management). There's freedom of setting your own pace for your day and getting accomplished what needs to be done in a manner that you can handle.

I can't imagine working anywhere else, at this point, unless I won the Lottery and never had a need for it. Even still, I'd be tempted to come in and run a small book of business.

PS: If you're reading negative comments about the company from former employees... take it with a grain of salt. This job is not about the salary. Anyone worth their mettle is not trying to keep their salary here, they're working for commissions. There's no such thing as a pay cut when you're growing a book of business and getting paid for your efforts with that book. Someone talking about pay cuts on their salary is someone that shouldn't have been here in the first place. This is real sales... not retail.

ConsI live furthermore out of Dalals than most, so the commute is a little difficult for me. While it's centrally located in beautiful Uptown Dallas off Woodall Rodgers... it's also located off Woodall Rodgers... which means traffic can be a nightmare. That's about all he negative I can think to report.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing. You've got it right.

Not for the unmotivated.

Dallas, TX

ProsGreat opportunities to make money and learn

After a year you will be an expert in the Logistics industry.

ConsCan be a 24/7 job.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone as of yet.

Echo Dallas, a great place to learn both sales and transportation management

Account Executive (Current Employee)
    Dallas, TX

ProsGreat Co workers, dedicated managerial and executive staff. The company is growing at such a rapid pace, there is a lot of room for internal promotion.

ConsIn my tenure thus far, i have not seen any cons worth noting. At the pace the company is growing, its good to see that they have kept most everyone happy!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the dedication and face time within the branches, it helps motivate employees!

Worked for Echo Global Logistics? Contribute to the Community!

Echo Global Logistics Videos

Echo Global Logistics – Why Work for Us?

Take a look at the future of logistics... take a look at Echo. Driven, energetic and motivated – the Echo team is made of like minded individuals with one common thread, an opportunity to jumpstart a career at a… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Echo Global Logistics reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Echo Global Logistics CEO Doug Waggoner. All 119 reviews posted anonymously by Echo Global Logistics employees.