Echo Global Logistics

Echo Global Logistics Reviews

Updated Jun 30, 2014

Echo Global Logistics CEO and Director Doug Waggoner

Doug Waggoner

Pros:
  • "Echo Dallas has a great work environment for someone who wants to work hard and play hard"
    in 16 reviews
  • "We even have beer Fridays and get to wear jeans"
    in 10 reviews
Cons:
  • "Terrible commission structure, low salary"
    in 11 reviews
  • "You do not make over your base salary for the first year, and when you do start getting commission it is easily taken away"
    in 5 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Senior Account Executive

Senior Account Executive (Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsGreat place to work right out of college as a first job. Fun work environment with good people.

ConsLarge amount of turnover which results in current employees being forced into added responsibilities that do not correlate with added pay.

Echo is an awesome place to work!

Vice President (Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsThis is a young and high energy culture with Midwestern values. Super nice people and very social atmosphere. Everyone wants you to succeed. If you've ever thought about giving commissioned sales a try, this is the place to do it.

ConsThe first 6 months are difficult - lots of cold calling. But if you can stick with it you will succeed.

Inside Sales (Carrier Sales Rep)

Carrier Sales Representative (Former Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsGreat for right out of College, or if you are absolutely desperate. Base is $35k across the board, which comes out to minimum wage after the hours they force you to work. There are a few bright stars among the regional leaders. Young and funish for a minute, until you have to pay rent.

ConsThe company seems to value production, above all else. You will be forced to work 12+ hrs every day, plus a Saturday shift, which you won't be compensated for. They'll tell you that it's an "opportunity" to sell more. But we all know it's just to squeeze you. Soon that $35k is minimum wage and it takes most 8-12 months to "break through" to actual commission earnings. You will see a few examples of people that have broken through on the teams, but they typically make $50k for 12+hr days.

If you'd like to advance, there's a long line, expect 3+ years before you get promoted. If you ask to transfer to another department, HR will remind you that is the job you signed up for etc. Lots of bullying and shoddy people in the company that make trust an issue at all levels.

It's tough when people steal your sales, but when it happens multiple times weekly and the managers defend the people doing the stealing, it's a concern. If you confront the person, they cry foul to the manager which will only earn you a bad mark. Whiny, complainy, young, and entitled. It's scary.

Advice to Senior ManagementPeople in charge of training have no leadership qualities, but are really great at being boss'. Hopefully things change, the long hours and conditions are pretty terrible and the constant mistrust among the peons that make the money happen towards "leadership" is unsettling. There was a kind of mass exodus when I left. Lots of grumblings of poor management being the issue. Worth looking into to avoid lawsuits and bad reviews such as this one. Good Luck.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Growing and Grew out

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNon Public Company - and was fun place to work. Company used to provide small bonus. It used to be a really good environment.

ConsWent Public. No longer a good balance. No good work life balance.

Advice to Senior ManagementValue peopls

Echo is a great company to start with for sales experience.

Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee)

ProsIt is a very young company with a high energy atmosphere. It is a great place to build a sales career through learning fundamentals. The training program is very thorough.

ConsThe training program, while thorough, is very tedious. Halfway through the program, all you want to do is hit the floor and start calling.

Advice to Senior ManagementFor carrier sales, I would only suggest more team oriented goals/rewards. It is difficult to break through to commission without a national carrier.

I learned what I didn't want to do with my life

Atlanta, GA

ProsThe best reason to work here is you are able to quickly bond with co-workers over how miserable you both are.
    Great for learning the art of the cold call

Consbesides the general lack of care they seem to have for their employees, it was just a depressing place to work

Doesn't care about employees

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsLoacation is great. Downtown but that's it.

ConsManagement was terrible. No one knows what they're doing as far as managers go.

I love it!

Carrier Sales Representative (Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsFun , young company. Lots of events to keep employees engaged and active within the company. Great opportunity to make friends and learn about logistics and it's an environment that's growing fast, we are always adding new team members and bringing people in. Great recruiting process and training, I feel like I have learned a lot and I've only been here 2 months. I came from a bank environment and the attitude and culture here is contagious.

ConsGetting started is rough, but what do you expect? I do everything I was trained to do but don't always book a load (Echo speak for closing a deal) and sometimes it's hard to get started, but there are many successful people here who assure me they started the same way and had a difficult time at the beginning so I'm going to true them and stay after it. Hours can be rough too but I'm working with young people my age so it's hard to complain.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to paint a realistic expectation of the job during the interview process by getting more time to talk to current employees and get questions answered.

My experience at Echo has been wonderful!

Client Sales Representative (Current Employee)
    Dallas, TX

ProsThe work atmosphere at Echo Dallas is awesome. This is a young energetic company to work for - the supervisors as well as Branch Manager at Dallas continues to give you the resources you need to succeed as well as encourages you and makes sure you're recognized when you’re hard work is noticed.

ConsIn any job - finding your way in a company is challenging at first. Echo has made this transition easy!

Echo Dallas - A Young Thrilling&Exhausting Atmosphere

Client Sales Representative (Current Employee)
    Dallas, TX

ProsIf you are missing college/high school, then Echo is the place for you!!!!!!!
    Work hard, play hard is Echo's Motto.
    When you exceed Echo's expectations your efforts will be praised tremendously!!
    If you ask for help at Echo, you will have numerous people willing and able to assist you!

ConsAngry customers, high school drama, some coworkers/customers sound like doochebagz on the phone, I am getting fat sitting at my desk all day, our manager feeds us too much, predator pray environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit feeding me...just kidding. I LOVE FOOD & MY MANAGER!!!!!! <3

Worked for Echo Global Logistics? Contribute to the Community!

Echo Global Logistics Videos

Echo Global Logistics – Why Work for Us?

Take a look at the future of logistics... take a look at Echo. Driven, energetic and motivated – the Echo team is made of like minded individuals with one common thread, an opportunity to jumpstart a career at a… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Echo Global Logistics reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Echo Global Logistics CEO Doug Waggoner. All 119 reviews posted anonymously by Echo Global Logistics employees.