Echo Global Logistics Reviews

Reset

Good

Current Employee - Accounts Payable Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Accounts Payable Analyst in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Echo is a great opportunity to start off in the corporate world. It is a fun atmosphere.

Cons

There is a lot of college graduates so it may feel like college at times.

You've need to be tough.

Current Employee - Carrier Sales Representative in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Carrier Sales Representative in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friends everywhere. Casual dress. Beer Friday's. Unlimited potential to earn as much money as you want. Cool company to work for with growth potential. Always learning new things about logistics.

Cons

This job isn't for everyone. You will love it or be miserable, there are very few people who fall in the middle. Hours are long, get used to getting there at 630 and leaving around 530. Managers in carrier sales are hit or miss. Some of them are really great and helpful and care about you and some treat you as just a number. They ease you into it by a month of training which is classroom based and then you spend a few months learning the ropes before being put on your permanent team assignment. I liked that part, my manager was funny and I felt motivated to work for under her because she seemed to actually care about me. My regional manager is alright but it's hard to be talked to everyday when you make 5 less calls then your manager wants and they just yell about it but don't give any advice on how to fix it. Favoritism with managers is an issue. If you don't drink with everyone or play softball, you can count on not getting any handouts or special privileges. The higher ups try to deny this but they seem oblivious to how they created that culture which I find weird. Internal competition can be a struggle but most people are nice if your nice to them.

Advice to Management

Make your managers actually manage and not just yell. Be more transparent about what's going on in the company so employees are well aware where they stand. More individual feedback would be helpful after training is over. Find a way to make it so we can keep track of who calls what carrier so we don't look disorganized when they get multiple calls each day.

Aug 6, 2015 – Director of Carrier Sales

Thank you for your feedback and overall positive review. We understand that carrier sales can be a stressful job and our management team works to create a fun energetic atmosphere. Our team makes an ... More

3. No complaints

Pros

management was strong and involved, knows their employees, room for growth

Cons

I really have no complaints

Advice to Management

no complaints

5. Great place to grow professionally

Current Employee - Carrier Sales Representative in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Carrier Sales Representative in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Echo Global does very well with a lot of things. While workling for Echo Global you can be confident that you're getting above average compensation and outstanding benefits. The team and atmosphere are very welcoming and that is a huge selling point. You feel at home around friends when working. No matter the day.

Cons

A few cons for Echo would be misinformation. While nobody outright lies, I do feel like some of the expectations that seem black and white, and straight forward are in fact not and it is just a huge gray area.

Advice to Management

My advice to management would be to set clear and outright expectations.

Aug 6, 2015 – HR Representative

Thanks so much for writing a review. I agree that clear expectations from management are essential to employee success- please don’t hesitate to provide more specific feedback to HR so we can look ... More

6. Great Atmosphere

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time

Pros

Brand new office is amazing. Great location in the middle of Downtown Dallas. Good energy from sales teams and management.

Cons

The job is not easy. It takes the right kind of salesperson to succeed. You need the drive to handle rejection and keep pushing forward.

Horrible place to grow your career

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Pros

Culture is nice - they replace fun with alcohol and ping pong table and putting green

Cons

Fires tenured employees to hire cheaper out of college employees - DO NOT WORK HERE

8. Growing Company with Growing Potential

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great place to start and grow a career. I have been with Echo for 3 years now and have never felt more proud and satisfied with my job and contributions to the greater cause. A few posts on here have said there is no career path. That is dead wrong. It's there, you just have to want it. No company is going to hand you a career on a silver platter. If you work hard and keep your head down and do what's right, you will succeed at Echo. Continuing education and training is available if you choose to participate. I love Echo because it's a large, publically traded company with all the benefits of one (clubs, sports teams, good health care, gym discounts, etc...) with the vibe of a "mom and pop" company. All the execs have an open door policy and encourage feedback.

Cons

As the company grows, it's hard to please all generations and departments. I think they do a great job trying by offering a variety of events and training opportunities and while there's still a need for improvement, nothing changes over night and you can tell management is trying.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! Maybe check in with middle management every now and again to make sure your vision is being executed.

Jul 28, 2015 – HR Representative

Thanks for reviewing your time at Echo and being a champion of our company values! You’re right, we do invest a lot in our employees because they’re our number one asset. The mindset that “Better is ... More

9. Love/Hate

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Echo Global Logistics (Less than a year)

Pros

It's a very young environment. Very casual dress code. Beer Fridays are nice and you can meet some pretty cool people. Depending on who you are, you may absolutely fall in love with this job.

Cons

Long hours. But that's the industry standard so it's not like Echo makes you work a ton just because they can. This could be a positive for some actually, but it has a very fratty/sorority feel to it. If you didn't go to a state school and/or didn't participate in Greek life, this could be a bit of a culture shock. Again, this is just the logistics industry and is not exclusive to Echo. Essentially, if 60 hour workweeks and frat-like atmospheres aren't your thing, you may want to skip this company and even the entire 3PL industry altogether. Also, this isn't the only company that does Beer Fridays, but most people don't join a company just for Beer Fridays.

Advice to Management

Really tough to fix the above the cons listed above since they are so ingrained in the nature of the industry. Be a "leader" and not be a "boss." Don't play favorites. Be inclusive and don't give accounts to employees just because you drink with them on the weekend. You aren't getting paid to help out your friends.

10. Best Entry Level Job Period

Former Employee - National Account Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - National Account Manager in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Superior work environment. Decent starting pay which is made up for by the commission structure. Great company culture. They provide all the necessary tools to get the job done.

Cons

There are no cons at Echo

Advice to Management

Management runs the company perfectly

Jul 28, 2015 – HR Representative

Thanks for your great review of Echo and best of luck as you continue to grow your career with us!

11. Client Sales Representative

Former Employee - Client Sales Representative in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Client Sales Representative in Chicago, IL

I worked at Echo Global Logistics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

8 - 5 hours, good if you enjoy speaking on the phone and not remaining too active.. management is relaxed and the people who work there are young & fun.

Cons

Everything, management is atrocious, there is no moving up quickly or even at all, working too long of hours for the pay.

Advice to Management

Fix your business structure

RSS Feed </> Embed