Echo Global Logistics Reviews

• Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

Fun company

Pros

This was a fun company to work for.

Cons

I felt like I out grew it quickly

Sales rep

Former Employee - Client Sales Representative in Grand Rapids, MI
    Former Employee - Client Sales Representative in Grand Rapids, MI

I worked at Echo Global Logistics (Less than a year)

Pros

Hours And literally nothing else. The Grand Rapids (Byron center) office is a joke ran by an uncommitted bi-polar fool

Cons

Pay, training, no common sense

Advice to Management

Actually invest in your employees. Don't show up to work 1-2 hours late everyday; hanging your employees out to dry so you can watch damn cartoons with your kids.... Stop pretending you ever did anything to benefit your employees; Zero training, low pay, and a bi polar uncommitted boss... What a joke. Also Dont expect them to drive to companies on their own dime and then question them about their work ethic. Not to mention the Chicago team NEVER covering loads, making you look Like an idiot. The Grand Rapids office is a joke... Echo is a joke. Stay away

Good

Current Employee - Accounts Payable Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Accounts Payable Analyst in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Echo is a great opportunity to start off in the corporate world. It is a fun atmosphere.

Cons

There is a lot of college graduates so it may feel like college at times.

You've need to be tough.

Current Employee - Carrier Sales Representative in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Carrier Sales Representative in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friends everywhere. Casual dress. Beer Friday's. Unlimited potential to earn as much money as you want. Cool company to work for with growth potential. Always learning new things about logistics.

Cons

This job isn't for everyone. You will love it or be miserable, there are very few people who fall in the middle. Hours are long, get used to getting there at 630 and leaving around 530. Managers in carrier sales are hit or miss. Some of them are really great and helpful and care about you and some treat you as just a number. They ease you into it by a month of training which is classroom based and then you spend a few months learning the ropes before being put on your permanent team assignment. I liked that part, my manager was funny and I felt motivated to work for under her because she seemed to actually care about me. My regional manager is alright but it's hard to be talked to everyday when you make 5 less calls then your manager wants and they just yell about it but don't give any advice on how to fix it. Favoritism with managers is an issue. If you don't drink with everyone or play softball, you can count on not getting any handouts or special privileges. The higher ups try to deny this but they seem oblivious to how they created that culture which I find weird. Internal competition can be a struggle but most people are nice if your nice to them.

Advice to Management

Make your managers actually manage and not just yell. Be more transparent about what's going on in the company so employees are well aware where they stand. More individual feedback would be helpful after training is over. Find a way to make it so we can keep track of who calls what carrier so we don't look disorganized when they get multiple calls each day.

Echo Global Logistics Response

Aug 6, 2015 – Director of Carrier Sales

Thank you for your feedback and overall positive review. We understand that carrier sales can be a stressful job and our management team works to create a fun energetic atmosphere. Our team makes an ... More

6. No complaints

Pros

management was strong and involved, knows their employees, room for growth

Cons

I really have no complaints

Advice to Management

no complaints

7. Great place to grow professionally

Current Employee - Carrier Sales Representative in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Carrier Sales Representative in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Echo Global does very well with a lot of things. While workling for Echo Global you can be confident that you're getting above average compensation and outstanding benefits. The team and atmosphere are very welcoming and that is a huge selling point. You feel at home around friends when working. No matter the day.

Cons

A few cons for Echo would be misinformation. While nobody outright lies, I do feel like some of the expectations that seem black and white, and straight forward are in fact not and it is just a huge gray area.

Advice to Management

My advice to management would be to set clear and outright expectations.

Echo Global Logistics Response

Aug 6, 2015 – HR Representative

Thanks so much for writing a review. I agree that clear expectations from management are essential to employee success- please don’t hesitate to provide more specific feedback to HR so we can look ... More

8. Great Atmosphere

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time

Pros

Brand new office is amazing. Great location in the middle of Downtown Dallas. Good energy from sales teams and management.

Cons

The job is not easy. It takes the right kind of salesperson to succeed. You need the drive to handle rejection and keep pushing forward.

Chaotic Frat Party

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Casual dress, catered lunch every other friday for the IT team.

Cons

This work culture is the absolute worse that I have ever been in. 700+ people in the office, you don't know anyone, constantly seeing new faces. You feel like a number. It is rows upon rows of people on phones. The IT department is comprised of several teams that don't seem to work together at all, everything feels isolated. The noise. It is extremely loud because people are just constantly talking. How the hell can anyone concentrate in an environment like this? I have to periodically step out of the office for at least 20 minutes to just get some quiet time or else I'd go insane. Picture sitting in a massive high school/college cafeteria that is full, and everyone is talking at once, you are in the middle of it trying to do your work. It is absolute chaos. No one is willing to help you. You have to figure out everything on your own. The manager of your team doesn't even bother checking in on you. I spent the first 2 weeks at this company trying to fix my computer and get it set up, because the help desk, or whoever sets up the computers didn't bother. I received a new hire setup packet and was left alone. The documentation was outdated and the links didn't even work. Any attempt to get help resulted in someone telling me they didn't know, or trying to walk away so they didn't have to help. A lot of people were laid off last week in the IT department. I think one of the people was here for 10+ years. This is how they respect employee loyalty, by telling them they don't need them anymore and to get out. Terrible benefit package. Extremely high insurance premiums. The 401k match is a complete joke. They put in 25% of whatever you put in up to 6%. That means if you put in 6%, they put in 1.5%. That is terrible. Oh, and the vesting schedule 3 years. You most likely will never see that money. I am at the point where I am hoping I get a new job soon, or even am let go/laid off myself just so I don't have to deal with the garbage anymore. I don't want to work here, or be here anymore.

Advice to Management

I don't even know what advice to give. This place is horrible.

10. Love/Hate

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Echo Global Logistics (Less than a year)

Pros

It's a very young environment. Very casual dress code. Beer Fridays are nice and you can meet some pretty cool people. Depending on who you are, you may absolutely fall in love with this job.

Cons

Long hours. But that's the industry standard so it's not like Echo makes you work a ton just because they can. This could be a positive for some actually, but it has a very fratty/sorority feel to it. If you didn't go to a state school and/or didn't participate in Greek life, this could be a bit of a culture shock. Again, this is just the logistics industry and is not exclusive to Echo. Essentially, if 60 hour workweeks and frat-like atmospheres aren't your thing, you may want to skip this company and even the entire 3PL industry altogether. Also, this isn't the only company that does Beer Fridays, but most people don't join a company just for Beer Fridays.

Advice to Management

Really tough to fix the above the cons listed above since they are so ingrained in the nature of the industry. Be a "leader" and not be a "boss." Don't play favorites. Be inclusive and don't give accounts to employees just because you drink with them on the weekend. You aren't getting paid to help out your friends.

11. Client Sales Representative

Former Employee - Client Sales Representative in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Client Sales Representative in Chicago, IL

I worked at Echo Global Logistics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

8 - 5 hours, good if you enjoy speaking on the phone and not remaining too active.. management is relaxed and the people who work there are young & fun.

Cons

Everything, management is atrocious, there is no moving up quickly or even at all, working too long of hours for the pay.

Advice to Management

Fix your business structure

RSS Feed </> Embed