Echo Global Logistics Reviews in Troy, MI

3.5

Echo Global Logistics CEO and Director Doug Waggoner
Doug Waggoner

Pros
  • Echo Dallas has a great work environment for someone who wants to work hard and play hard (in 19 reviews)

• kickball team on thursdays, softball team on tuesdays, beer fridays and happy hours regularly (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Terrible commission structure, low salary (in 11 reviews)

• Base Salary sucks and it takes a while to build business (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

5 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great Industry - Great place to start and build a sales career!

Current Employee - Client Sales Executive  in  Troy, MI
    Current Employee - Client Sales Executive in Troy, MI

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great work environment, young workforce.
    Uncapped commission structure-room to make $$
    Side sales contests to add some money at the start
    Great training, I didn't know anything about freight when I started here.

Cons

Like any sales job, can be a grind in the beginning
    Biggest room for advancement outside of building a book of sales is in Chicago HQ

Keep doing what you're doing, we're growing well!

Young atmosphere with a lot of green sales people.

Former Employee - National Account Manager  in  Troy, MI
    Former Employee - National Account Manager in Troy, MI

I worked at Echo Global Logistics full-time for more than a year

Pros

High spirit and lots of people just out of college and in the work force. A good experience for learning cold calling and accountability.

Cons

Very regimented day to day and feels very military-esque. Most of this is due to the extreme pressure put on the supervisors to perform. What this means is that you can forget asking your bosses to leave for doctors appointments and don't call in sick or ask for vacation without someone acting like it is the end of the world. Due to the young work crowd there are a lot sales rewards based on pizza and $10 gift cards to Starbucks. Worst part of working there-even if you were good at your job you felt like you could be fired at any time in a very unprofessional manner. Also, the commission structure is nearly impossible to get to in the first year-don't believe what they tell you.

The company isn't a start up anymore-stop treating it like one. The cold call to death sales tactics are not going to work much longer. You need to start hiring seasoned account reps and pay them a fair wage. People working at department stores downtown make more money that your employees.

Client Sales Account Manager

Current Employee - Client Sales Representative  in  Troy, MI
    Current Employee - Client Sales Representative in Troy, MI

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Great work environment, enjoy coming to work everyday.
    -Fun sales spiffs, great rewards for hard workers.
    -Support from tenured reps and management.
    -Your book of business is what you make it.
    -New on-site trainer to help facilitate the training program- very helpful especially for those that are new to the logistics industry.
    -Hard work but the potential is endless- motivated by tenured reps who are making 6 figures and closing huge deals.

Cons

-Freight isn't the most glamorous industry to work in, but it isn't going anywhere.
    -Training can be long at times but helps you understand all parts of the business
    -Up and down months on the sales floor.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Best Place to Work In Metro Detroit

Current Employee - Client Sales Representative  in  Troy, MI
    Current Employee - Client Sales Representative in Troy, MI

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time for more than a year

Pros

-company culture: casual dress code, young energetic people, beer fridays
    -great managment: good mix of focusing on metrics and pushing us harder to do better than we think we can
    -work hard, play hard: I actually enjoy being at work and competing with my co-workers as well as meeting up with them on the weekends
    -very much a place where you get out what you put in

Cons

-there is a high volume of cold calling involved so if you don't like being on the phone or dont have a thick enough skin/no backbone, then its probably not the place for you
    -it can take a long time to start earning commission and I've noticed some of the younger reps right out of college get easily discouraged and a negative attitude gets them no where but out the door. people who came from another sales role seem to "get it" a little more and know the kind of hard work it takes to make it in sales.

Spend more time developing your team, especially the ones right out of college. Its your job as a manager to figure out how each is motivated and get them back on track when they get frusterated, work on strenghts/weakness, get involved enough to where you are actually invested in seeing them succeed and show it!

Great place to gain valuable experience for a few months for an entry level job

Former Employee - National Account Manager  in  Troy, MI
    Former Employee - National Account Manager in Troy, MI

I worked at Echo Global Logistics

Pros

Some independence, can't think of much more

Cons

Pay, work, management, resources, recognition

Be prepared to cold call and sell a competitive service that is hard to sell because of the resources you are given

Worked for Echo Global Logistics? Contribute to the Community!