Ecolab

Ecolab Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Ecolab Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Doug Baker Jr.

Doug Baker Jr.

Pros
  • Relaxed work environment, flexibility in work/life balance(in 15 reviews)

• You will also get a company vehicle to take home with fuel and expense cards(in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance gets lip-service - make no mistake there is expectation for 60(in 33 reviews)

• NO time off as you are literally on call 24/7 and that is what you usually work(in 23 reviews)

Route Sales Manager

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood benefits and pay structure

ConsLeadership needs to understand employees needs better

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

If you don't like to go home ever, it's perfect for you.

ProsGood benefits, good team members

ConsAlways on call. Long hours. Management only cares about themselves

Ecolab

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood work ethic, compensation and training

ConsLong hours, lack of coordination between departments.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Territory Manager - Your Boss will Dictate your Experience - The Job is Painful - Your Boss can make it better or worse.

Territory Manager (Former Employee) Raleigh, NC

ProsEcolab really is the Chemical Expert when it comes to Laundry and Warewashing Systems. Chemical (Soap) Dispensing Equipment is always beyond what competitors have to offer and marketing materials are the absolute best you can get anywhere. The detergents I sold are usually Double in price from the competitors but the detergents were the best on the market so I found the chemicals very easy to sell. You can make money here if you take care of and serve your customers. I finished my last year at Ecolab at about $88,000 for the year - which isn't bad for a front line route salesperson.

ConsThe job is extremely painful with very long hours and you are bound by customer's calling in at anytime so it is very difficult to get rest. Taking care of your customers is very fun and rewarding but your manager can make your life very hard. If you get a bad boss then you will not like working here. If you have a great boss then you will be able to tolerate the long hours and thankless effort you put in. Either way, when you work at Ecolab you will work your tail off. You always here the motto: "Work Hard, Play Hard" ... but for Ecolab it is only "Work Hard, Work Hard and then Work Some More". The work/life balance is not there... when you take a vacation you are still responsible for doing 4 weeks of work in 3 weeks so when you leave you are so exhausted it is difficult to enjoy it. Ecolab is very painful and you will work very long hours with no additional pay. Lastly, ambition and creativity is not rewarded at Ecolab. Ecolab is not looking for your ideas at the Territory Manager level, they only want you to comply and do what they ask with no suggestions on how things could be better... "March on Soldier!" As a Five Year Anniversary Gift to myself, I turned in my 2 week notice." Best thing I could have done for myself and my marriage. I am grateful I don't work at Ecolab anymore.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone... you don't want to hear it anyways.

Good people in the field management is high in the clouds.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat experience, learn tons if new things if you are willing to be a self learner.

ConsNot much formal training unless your in a saturated area.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrain before you put in the field and expect the world. Get out a ride with your employees to see the challenges being faced and don't forget what it was like to be in the field.

A progressive company that offers ample opportunity for growth.

District Manager Pest Elimination (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsExcellent benefits, flexible schedule, growth opportunity

ConsThe nature of the business limited ability to schedule time off

Strong Company

ProsSchedule, hours, great benefits. Company vehicle and pension make this a great opportunity for a career.

ConsCovering for other Reps who do not pull their weight.

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer better compensation for the TR's that add the most to the bottom line, and help out the others that need assistance.

Sad Company to work for

Route Manager (Former Employee)

ProsI cant think of any pro's working for Ecolab. I just think of all the weekends I drove 900 miles to repair others people problems left for the weekend coverage guy.

ConsLong hours and no time off. You work 24/7 with zero help. Its sucks.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop smoking that stuff it clouds your perception.

Tremendous personal and professional growth.

Marketing (Former Employee) Minneapolis, MN

ProsSolid leadership, great value prop, poised for future growth

ConsNot for people who cannot drive growth

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work

One of a kind

EEC (Current Employee) Las Vegas, NV

ProsIm self managed. Don't need to be motivated to get things done. Love independece. Love solving problems and making my customers happy. And enjoy being a person that others can depend on. I guess its the perfect job for me.

ConsIf you need your hand held, your schedule drawn out for you, a pat on the back every day of your life, co workers to go and gossip with, and need to reason with yourself every morning why you should go out and get things done, then maybe Ecolab might not be for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake room, I'll be there soon.

Worked for Ecolab? Contribute to the Community!