Ecolab

Ecolab Reviews

Updated Jul 17, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Ecolab Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Doug Baker Jr.

Doug Baker Jr.

Pros
  • Relaxed work environment, flexibility in work/life balance(in 15 reviews)

• You will also get a company vehicle to take home with fuel and expense cards(in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance gets lip-service - make no mistake there is expectation for 60(in 33 reviews)

• NO time off as you are literally on call 24/7 and that is what you usually work(in 23 reviews)

Territory Sales Representative

Territory Representative (Current Employee) Bridgeport, CT

ProsPay, company car, excellent training, great guests

Consno work life balance, large territories to cover, bonuses that never get paid on time.

Advice to Senior Managementscrap most middle managers. their communication is terrible. Excellent sr management just does not trickle down that way

Quality Review Rep

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsManagement, benefits, friendly, flexible schedule

ConsPay, hard to advance, male oriented company, overall doesn't value employee

Don't expect a promotion in the GCS division.(ecolab equipment care)

GCS Service Tech In the Equipment Care Division (Former Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsGood benefits and pay. The other techs are great guys. Technical assistants in Texas are great guys too.

ConsConstant changing of procedure. They care more about sales than customer service. Mangers are out of touch with the technicians. We are treated like the lowest common denominator when we are in fact the primary source of revenue. Spent 15 years and worked in three different states for them and only saw one technician promoted and he was later fired. They would rather bring in pizza parlor managers and pay them low wages to be area managers and keep the techs in the field selling. You have to sell $20000 a month or you get written up. Creates a environment where techs are focused on sales instead of providing service for the customer. Too many employees who do redundant jobs in corporate and bring in no money for the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementUtilize the long term employees to grow the divisions. Fire the old school regional managers who's parents got them in the company many years ago. They just kill morale. I had one say at a meeting to the whole crew "Ecolab is like the mob. We don't care about your problems just get out there and bring in the money". Or my favorite "communication is me talking and you listening". That was such a motivation. Too find another job that is. I feel like I wasted 15 years of my life.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Overall great company

Director (Former Employee) Saint Paul, MN

ProsGrowth mentality - Entrepreneurial spirit is still alive. Lots of opportunity for advancement because it's big. Ethical company. Culture continues to evolve. Slow process but moving in the right direction. Amazing / positive relationships with customers around the world.

ConsVery white male driven company. Larger divisions bogged down with bureaucracy and politics. When sales are not going great the men revert back to their old behaviors of command and control. Leaving all their inclusiveness training behind until they make the number.

Advice to Senior ManagementMany leaders have lost touch with the ranks. They should retire and enjoy their huge stock option spoils. It's time to bring in the next gen of leaders that connect with today's diverse customers and employees...

One of Stable companies to work in St Paul area

Technical Lead (Current Employee) Saint Paul, MN

ProsEcolab is very stable and growth oriented company. It has around 1000 IT employees and i strongly recommend for people to work here.

ConsSince it is keep acquiring the other companies, it has issues related to mergers.

Advice to Senior ManagementJust keep things simple.

Growth too fast

ProsStable company no fear of losing work

ConsNo work life balance, long hours very lean

Advice to Senior ManagementYour vision is lacking, we are Ecolab not Nalcolab

Good Company to work for, many areas of opportunity

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Eagan, MN

ProsGreat team members, always willing to help

ConsAlways looking for a college educated person over a person with years of experience

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up

Good

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPay us decent. Opportunities to grow

ConsBureaucratic and political. Need to socialize to move up.

Love to keep you "on call" and no extra compensation

SSRM (Former Employee)

Prosthey have a great training program and offer great benefits.

Consto much "Free" work and do not care about the employees opinions. Constantly telling people to find a new job if unhappy

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat people as people and not just a number

Great Projects, terrible place to work.

Manager (Former Employee)

ProsGlobal company, great opportunities to work on international projects. Great products.

ConsTerrible morale. Leadership was terrible. People were not interested in working but showcasing their PowerPoint presentations and criticizing others. People are not valued. Business units fight with each other on everything.

Advice to Senior ManagementToo far gone to fix.

Worked for Ecolab? Contribute to the Community!