Ecolab

Ecolab Reviews

Updated Jul 30, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Ecolab Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Doug Baker Jr.

Doug Baker Jr.

Pros
  • Relaxed work environment, flexibility in work/life balance (in 15 reviews)

• You will also get a company vehicle to take home with fuel and expense cards (in 29 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance gets lip-service - make no mistake there is expectation for 60 (in 33 reviews)

• NO time off as you are literally on call 24/7 and that is what you usually work (in 23 reviews)

More Highlights

Terrible Company QSR

Territory Representative (Current Employee) Kansas City, KS

ProsGood benefits: Car, free gas, and stock options.

ConsTerrible salary, terrible training, and terrible managers.

for a company that emphasizes efficiency they are very wasteful

Field Service Specialist (Current Employee)

Prosthe money is good if you don't want a personal life. truly unlimited earning potential. take company vehicle home every night. company paid smart phone and good benefit package. almost complete independence. "make your own schedule"(see cons)

Consextreme route change without notice. fluctuating pay, long hours, strange hours, high expectations with no management support. Upper management talks a big game about taking care of people first, but money is not everything. Middle management ignores requests for help and blame you when things go wrong. you do not own your time 24/7, you are at the mercy of your customers as far as that goes. vacations are a complete lie. spend a lot of money on corporate dinners, paper reports, annual meetings, ecolab "schwag", and frivolous things that could go to field associates.

Advice to Senior ManagementHIRE PEOPLE! when a route is open other associates are forced to work outside of their area without notice.

Pest Elimination Division Service Specialist for 6 years.

Service Specialist (Current Employee) North Charleston, SC

ProsOnly real plus is having a company vehicle to take home with gas & insurance taken care of.

ConsManagement is slow to respond to employee's needs, and disorganized. No real vacation time, no real Holiday off, no real day off because you're on 24/7 call. Too much work with little support from management. When someone leaves everyone is burdened with taking up the slack. People are tired all the time a risk for accidents to happen . No real family time, the company has cut out the family from any company activities. No pay for working overtime , most of the time extra customer calls we do for free because it falls within our guarantee.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhy management treats their workers poorly since it is the workers that really bring in the cash, not the managers is beyond me.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

OK company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosgood pay and good benefits

Consthey don't care about people

Great Place for Trustworthy Motivated Employees

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat job if you like working alone, owning your territory and making good money. Company vehicle was perk and first level management was outstanding.

ConsTravel can get excessive at times. Sometimes lofty expectations caused issues between sales and service.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a ride with your techinicians in the field. Spend a week with them during an installation or a normal PM trip. Choose one that not in the haven of the twin cities.

Great company to work for!

Specialist (Former Employee) Saint Paul, MN

ProsLots of upward mobility, great people, good cause.

ConsA lot of contractor employees to decrease company cost.

Nice place to work.

ProsGreat company to be part of

ConsUpward mobility is limited in Logistics.

Management is for themselves.

ProsStable company, continues to grow and expand. Works at sustainability for themselves and other companies. Some good people to work with and learn from.

ConsLittle to no work life balance. Don't take care of the people that do the everyday work and keep the business running and profitable.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees better and moral will start to improve.

Great Place if you Want to Drive Change

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Manchester, England (UK)

ProsA lot of change happening drivien by strong growth pattern and M&A. This gives people the opportunity to take on challenges and drive beyond what more stable companies would offer. Opportunity for personal development, but you have to drive it very proactively.
    The climate is very friendly and informal, you can count on people to help / work collaboratively.

ConsSo much change and growth has led to complexity that the Company is trying to address by putting teams together, improving processes and tools and egnaging employees more broadly.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to make Ecolab simpler while keeping the fantastic customer focus and the warm & friendly culture

Territory Manager

Territory Manager (Former Employee) Greensboro, NC

ProsGood Benefits, Ability to set own hours, boss is 500 miles away

ConsDivisional Management for Textile Care are some of the most unethical/unprofessional people I have met in 30 years of business

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Worked for Ecolab? Contribute to the Community!