Ecommerce

Updated October 30, 2014
Updated October 30, 2014
3.8

Fathi Said

All in all, good company.

I worked at Ecommerce

Pros

No better company to grow your skills. They are always open to new ideas.

Cons

Be ready for politics, if you cross upper management there is pretty much no chance of making it better.

I was very disappointed with the way the company reward its best employees

Former Employee - Advanced Support in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Advanced Support in Columbus, OH

I worked at Ecommerce full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The environment is perfect for learning everything about the web technology. It's the perfect place to know what is important in the hosting environment and a door opener for a more serious company that will value your skills later

Cons

It's current for management to blame employees for every mistakes. If you are motivated and willing to work hard and explore opportunities, management will use it against you by asking for even more without acknowledging your hard work. Everything is actually about who you are buddy with not how good you perform.

Stop training employees for competitors. You need to recognize and reward hard work and loyalty. Stop blaming employees for management mistakes.

Nov 4, 2014COO

We are happy that employees see our training and skills development programs as opportunities to accelerate their careers, but like any small company must have a business need to offer advancement ... More

Ecommerce thinks that employees leaving is a good thing.

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Ecommerce full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Free soda and coffee. Most of the people that worked for Ecommerce were fun and creative.

Cons

Management is never clear with what they want, and hold employees accountable when unclear requirements aren't understood. Management never accepts responsibility for their decisions. CEO is too busy constantly flying across the country looking for investors for his next company to care about how bad things are. CEO has no management experience and is nothing more than a marketing person who got into web hosting at the right time. Raises are non-existent and salaries are far below industry standards.

Stop changing your mind and holding employees accountable. Stop outsourcing. Actually fix problems instead of sweeping them under the rug. Accept some responsibility for your decisions.

Nov 4, 2014COO

Ecommerce is and has always been a global organization and we are not outsourcing -- all global offices are part of our corporate structure and owned by us.

I love this company

Current Employee - Quality Assurance in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Quality Assurance in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Ecommerce full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

I enjoy all of the new opportunities that are available with the company. I have been here for many years and they have always treated me like family. They reward people for working hard, which is a great incentive to continue to work hard.

Cons

I do not have any cons.

Continue to keep up the good work. I believe that we continuously improve the work environment and the products that we offer our customers.

Nov 4, 2014COO

It is people like you that have made us great! Glad you are happy too!

Marketing Business Coordinator

Current Employee - Marketing Business Coordinator in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Marketing Business Coordinator in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Ecommerce full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The best reason to work for this company is the type of business, and how it is ran. There is a method to the madness. People here are respectful, and accepting. The pay matches the work. The expectations are fair, and advancement is available to those who want it. I love working for this company.

Cons

Challenges of working for this business is that they are growing rapidly. With rapid growth, comes growing pains. It happens with any business.

I have no advice for management. They have it together.

Nov 4, 2014COO

It has definitely been a period of rapid growth in your group, but you guys are doing a fantastic job!

Positive & Motivating Atmosphere

Current Employee - Business Coordinator in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Business Coordinator in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Ecommerce full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I am a current Business Coordinator here at Ecommerce LLC and fairly new. I feel that I was welcomed with the utmost respect. The team works well to teach one another to advance ourselves to grow. There are so many outstanding opportunities in a company that really takes care of their employees and I think that is very exciting. The motivation I get when I walk into the office makes me ready to take on more goals and challenges each and every day.

Cons

Repetition, need to stay dedicated and motivated

Nov 4, 2014COO

Welcome to the company! We're glad you're enjoying it so far and hope you stay challenged and motivated!

Start-Up Culture (with more of the pros than the cons)

I have been working at Ecommerce full-time

Pros

You have great potential for advancement here. Proving yourself is not necessarily a small task and the hierarchy doesn't always make it simple, but this is true everywhere. You have more exposure here. If you do something great, leadership does actually notice and you do have the ability to make more, and do more interesting work. The team is so friendly, bright, young and (for the most part) hard-working that it feels like a startup without all the wondering whether or not they can afford to pay you.

Cons

Things are always changing..sometimes not for the better. Leadership can be ego-driven and unprofessional.

Stay the course with projects once in a while. Have more faith in your employees (but not so much that they feel unsupported/stranded).

Nov 4, 2014COO

Thanks for your constructive feedback, we are always working to get better!

Your typical inside sales rat race

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I worked at Ecommerce full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Catered lunch often, upper management is friendly, small company where everyone knows you. Office has been remodeled.

Cons

Constant change in leadership, processes, protocol. Sliding standards depending on who was making decisions. Overall it seemed like the sales process was focused on pushing through as much volume as possible before the company had infrastructure to support the needs of those customers.

Development of current employees. Listen to your customers. Look up your biggest complaints from customers online and fix them.

Jul 2, 2014Sales Manager

I appreciate the feedback. Since a former employee left this review, I'd like to think it's a review of how things were a few years ago. While I can't say I agree with all of the criticisms, I must ... More

Misleading and mismanaged

Former Employee - Marketing in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Marketing in Columbus, OH

I worked at Ecommerce full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Camaraderie, similar to wartime in the trenches.

Cons

The marketing position they were promising was just a way to churn and burn cold callers.

Be open about the position to get satisfied employees.

Jul 2, 2014Sales Manager

No company is going to receive 100% positive feedback. We take constructive criticism seriously and we are always looking for ways to improve. However, this review is in response to a sales ... More

I have grown faster and learned more with here than with any past company

Current Employee - Business Consultant in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Business Consultant in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Ecommerce full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There is an environment of change and development here. The room for advancement seems limitless, and we are really being recognized for our contributions.

Cons

Because we are growing at such a rapid pace, there are uncharted territories. This lends itself to a progressive and ever changing dynamic. People that easily become complacent may find this challenging.

Be water my friend ~ Bruce Lee

Jul 2, 2014Sales Manager

Thank you for the feedback. The past two years have been very exciting!