Ecompex

1.3

Hubin Jiang

Place is total dictatorship

I have been working at Ecompex

Pros

If you just need a check, then this is the place to work. The company is located in a great place. There is a great mall in the area.

Cons

It is just not a good place to grow. There is constant fear of getting fired and the morale is horrible.

The leadership should bring in alternate management, which can work directly with the staff. Morale needs to be improved so people should want to come to work.

Company is a Train Wreck!

Former Employee - Data Entry Specialist in Lenexa, KS
    Former Employee - Data Entry Specialist in Lenexa, KS

I worked at Ecompex as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

Money is very good however with no benefits, it really isn't the most important thing as an employee needs to be happy.

Cons

Worst place for morale. No Benefits, no breaks, no respect and not allowed to be sick with a doctors excuse without being written up! How stupid is that one. No one wants to be ill, I don't think. Give employees credit for what they do right, not being so negative all the time. Very sad.

Treat your employees with respect. Give them music, give them breaks, give them smoking rights like management gets. What's good for management, is good for employees. Treat everyone the same regardless of race, religion, etc. Do something to pick up morale. You need to give employees a little extra and then they will like working there. The way it has been, why wouldn't you loose good employees. No respect and not knowing from one day to the next if you have a job or not is very upsetting. People work to take care of their families and bills, they aren't there just for ECOMPEX. If you want them to work for YOU, then show them how much they are appreciated, not with an award, give them CASH Make them feel worthy and want to work for your company. Wake up before it's to late.

Not good

I have been working at Ecompex

Pros

you can make money here

Cons

Do not what will happen next

Steady Paycheck but no room for growth

I worked at Ecompex

Pros

Pay and benefits
    Good co-workers
    No problems taking time off

Cons

Everything else, CEO micromanages everything. Even on busy days its drop what you're doing and do this job for the CEO.
    Getting paid for 40 hours but expected to work 60-70 hours
    Really cheap on budgeting equipment unless something breaks
    Having the feeling that you're going to be the next one getting laid off

Tell the CEO to stop bugging us and let us do our work

Mismanagement

I worked at Ecompex

Pros

Good Co-worker. I think That's all.

Cons

You are worried about being fired all the time. There is no secured position. Management is suck. No Formal procedure. Being too cheap. Once you know about Ecompex. You don't want to come back any more. There is no happiness.

Should hire good leadership if you want to grow Company again.

poorly managed company dare to do some really good technological development

I have been working at Ecompex

Pros

technology awareness, challengin problem solving career, good coworkers.

Cons

management, lack of long-term vision and technology growth

think long-term growth

Total disaster

I worked at Ecompex

Pros

Other than a few good colleagues, nothing else. They used to have some goodies for birthdays every month end. Never had problem taking a leave.

Cons

Absolutely no encouragement or recognition of a good job done in the company. Mismanagement of all resources. The leadership is horrible, no, its rather dictatorship. The person incharge does not understand the problem and refuses to listen to people who are willing to explain.

Have a plan before entering a phase. Dont just hire people without having a long time vision for their work.

Tough to survive.

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in McLean, VA

I have been working at Ecompex

Pros

The benefits are good, pay was on par with what I feel I should earn. People are awesome.

Cons

Stress of constantly worrying about being fired plus long hours.

None

A train wreck

I worked at Ecompex

Pros

Intelligent and enjoyable co-workers was the only thing that made working at Ecompex tolerable. Health benefits were 100% paid for, and salary was satisfactory.

Cons

Worst job I have ever held in my professional career. This is not your standard Monday - Friday, 40 hour work week establishment. It was more of the Monday - Sunday, 60-70 hour work week variety. For example, 8:30 am meeting announcements would go out at midnight the night before, so there was a need to constantly check your email outside of work continuously. No direction from management at all, one day you would be told to do something, two days later you would be questioned why you were doing something only to be told to do something else, there was no vision at all.

Unprofessional "open door" meeting environment, which means being laid off or fired in front of other co-workers rather in a privacy of HR. Unethical hiring practices, such as the promise of 10 years worth of work and being hired to work on an expiring non federal contract in a last ditch effort to save the contract, with no intention of retaining the employee if they are unbillable.

People on a team are not as plug and playable as you think they are and can not be replaced as easily as they believe, it would help raise employee retention and morale.