Ecova Reviews

Ecova

Current Employee - Senior Manager  in  Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Portland, OR

I have been working at Ecova full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The people are great. The benefits are descent. This company is in growth mode. Working for a company that tries to help other companies become more sustainable is always a good thing.

Cons

Compensation could be a bit better. The biggest issue though seems to be with senior and executive level management. There have been a significant number of poor executive decisions over the last two years that have prevented the company from growing at the pace it should be. The CEO seems to be a really good guy (I like him); but him and his team have unfortunately made some really poor decisions that have put the organization in a hole.

It's probably is time to overall the ELT.

Be ready for change

Former Employee - Program Manager  in  Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Program Manager in Portland, OR

I worked at Ecova full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The work is dynamic and many of the people are mission driven. You will work with smart people. There is some smart product development utilizing experience across acquired companies.

Cons

Lots of upheaval in management. Re-organization makes it difficult to know the direction the company is going to go at any given time.

Terrible company - good luck Cofely you just bought yourself a lemon

Former Employee - Anonymous  in  Spokane, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Spokane, WA

I worked at Ecova full-time for more than a year

Pros

The front line staff are great, hard working people. Some are truly dedicated to what they do.

Cons

Where to even begin? Incompetent management, extremely high turnover, dealing with angry clients daily over poor service from Ecova - no thank you. Worst job ever - you can make just as much money and have significantly less stress pretty much anywhere else.

The new owners should clean house, implement real policies and procedures, and actually pay the front line staff a reasonable wage for what they are asked to do

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to start my career

I have been working at Ecova full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I really enjoy my work. Ecova is constantly redefining how we do business, and that leaves a lot of room for creative thinking and thought leadership. As a start-up company that was started by a small group with some big ideas, there is a culture of entrepreneurship and innovation that allows everyone to have a venue to contribute. There are some amazing people working for this company who really contribute to the success and growth of their peers.

Cons

Teams and leadership are fragmented and unorganized. The true spirit of environmental consulting is often compromised by profit margins and resource availability. You will not get rich working here.

Learn from past mistakes, put the right leaders with the right experience in the right places; i.e., new business growth.

Could be better

I have been working at Ecova

Pros

The strength of this company is definitely its people. Lots of great smart and hard working people that go the extra mile to keep things running.

Cons

Offices all over the country creates confusion. Often times the different offices seem to still operate like different companies. Bonuses are non existent.

Take some meaningful steps to improve morale.

My team was the Dream Team

I have been working at Ecova

Pros

I was able to be apart of a team that was very flexible, understanding, and cooperative.

Cons

The pressure of any job, deadlines, management changes, expectation confusion, etc.

Opportunity for growth, so much to learn

I worked at Ecova full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Ecova was built from many acquisitions, so although it is large, it still has the small business feel. The training they have in place for their employees is amazing.

Cons

Ecova has been acquiring companies since 2010. This makes for an unstable feel as an employee. You constantly are looking over your shoulder nervous about department cuts.

Disappointing & Depressing

I worked at Ecova full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A few of the people I worked with were smart, hard-working and dedicated.

Cons

Ecova acquired too many companies too quickly and instead of hiring someone to assist with the integration, they simply asked those already over worked to also handle the integration. This has created an unstable company that is losing customers at an alarming rate. Those in positions of management have very little to no idea of how to actually lead people. Their main priority seems to be focused on holding people down and providing as little incentive to stay as possible. Those who work hard each day are given no more respect than those who show up late, take long lunches, leave early, communicate poorly, leave without finishing work, anger or outrage customers, and call in "sick" on a regular basis. This is a significant morale killer and should be addressed by management; however they are often too busy focusing on what position to which they will be promoted to next.

Train your leaders to effective. Managers who are there to only make friends or bar buddies are not effective. Open your eyes before it is too late. If you are making third quarter cuts to make your numbers for the year, perhaps you need to evaluate your yearly game plan.

A company of current and future needs in the energy management field- fast paced & always moving forward.

Current Employee - Utility Invoice Analyst  in  Spokane, WA
    Current Employee - Utility Invoice Analyst in Spokane, WA

I have been working at Ecova full-time for more than a year

Pros

Challenging yet clear goals for most teams. The managers I've had are very personeable, provide support & personal challenges that are attainable. WIlling to accomodate desk and organizational needs.

Cons

The fact that the company is consistantly changing poses challenge, and not everyone likes that.

The managers I've interacted with are realistic in their job role support, however also very excited & helpful in giving support in moving forward through the company.

Fast Paced Company That Seems to be Moving in the Right Direction.

I have been working at Ecova full-time for less than a year

Pros

Opportunity to impact the company, fast paced, 2013 benefits.

Cons

Communication across departments, unrealistic expectations, lots of new employees that are choosing what they want to do and not what they should be doing since the job positions are so vague here, 2014 benefits.

Get out of the clouds and weigh all options before making decisions that are going to impact the organization long term.

Worked for Ecova? Contribute to the Community!