Edaptive Systems Reviews

1. Good place to work

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Owings Mills, MD
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Owings Mills, MD

I worked at Edaptive Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible scheduling, remote work available for when you need to, low amount of politics, free sodas, pizza day once a month

Cons

Company is in awkward transition phase from a small to medium sized company, quality of work varies greatly project to project. It is government work so you get all of the usual crap that goes along with it (not Edaptive's fault though). Some employees think they are above company policy and do not have to follow it

Advice to Management

Pay your people better. You always get what you pay for in life...

2. Growing company

Pros

Great corporate culture Care about their employees

Cons

Lots of 'family' connections Growing pains

Business Analyst

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Edaptive Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fabulous work-life balance. Ability to work from home. Flexible work hours. Free covered parking. Gym located in building and membership is subsidized by company. 401K participation with company matching starts from first day of work. PTO is generous-with ability to buy an extra week.

Cons

Employees have to pay for training outside of the office and use their own PTO in most cases. This does not encourage personal professional growth. Bonuses are low or non-existent.

very poor company

I have been working at Edaptive Systems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Free sodas and flexible work hours. Government work tends to be easy and not very technical.

Cons

Very poor management training. Many of the managers are friends or neighbors of someone else in the company. Many people in higher positions (Directors, head of HR) got the position because they knew one of the owners or happened to be around when the company started. These people however are not qualified either based on a degree or past experience. The managers puts the blame on people that are friends with others in the company (while they simultaneously protect those that are friends with the owners). The projects they have aren't very technical so people with real IT experience will feel they are wasting time since the company does not use industry standard tools or programs.

Advice to Management

Bring in people that have real management experience.

Nepotism at its finest

Former Employee - Project Analyst
    Former Employee - Project Analyst

I worked at Edaptive Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Decent work hours. Government work is not very challenging and can be very slow at times. And free sodas but that's it's.

Cons

Horrible managers. I have never been to a company that hired so many of there friends and family even though they don't have any experience. Most people leave after a year at this company. Having industry experience I don't see this company growing much larger, and I don't see it lasting for more than 5 or 10 years based on how I've seen each department run.

Advice to Management

Owners are absent from the real problems and chose to ignore them or act like they are "working on it" I would recommend getting real industry professional leaders to come in and coach all department leads on how to do there jobs.

Edaptive Systems Response

Jun 16, 2015 – COO

We're sorry to hear that your experience was less than you expected. We have over 340 employees in multiple locations and 11 states. Edaptive takes employee satisfaction very seriously. We have even ... More

Execs care but need to open eyes

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Owings Mills, MD
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Owings Mills, MD

Pros

High quality staff, help oneonother when schedule allows

Cons

No balance between work and family. Exec mgmnt Ok but below that mgmnt does not listen, will not accept responsibility for issues will always find a staff member or group to point at rather than finding a solution

Advice to Management

Staff is in good shape knowledge wise and they care. Replace about thirty percent of mid level management the Doctor Jeckel/MrHide managers, guess which side you ? We want the company to survive but do not want some of the managers to survive.

Refreshing and Rewarding Career

Current Employee - Accountant/Office Coordinator in Owings Mills, MD
    Current Employee - Accountant/Office Coordinator in Owings Mills, MD

Pros

I enjoy coming to work to face challenges and make a difference in my field. My team members and boss possess a wonderful positive energy each day which makes working enjoyable. I feel accomplished when I leave for the day and Edaptive always lets you know that you are appreciated and doing a good job. We have many events and happy hours which amplifies the commerardary of our company. The managers and company partners have an excellent open door policy and will always stop and talk with you. It is exciting working for a company that possesses some of the best CMS contracts. I always feel safe at work and never feel threatened of losing my job. Edaptive is very fair and a fun place to work. If you are a SOFTWARE ENGINEER or work in IT you should definitely check out our career page and apply. I have never seen a more capable team of detail oriented engineers that provide solutions that work. There is no fluff or nulls in work load. We always have something meaningful and challenging to do and I never get bored. There is something fresh and innovative all the time, and I am so happy that Edaptive and I found each other.

Cons

Nothing at all. Everything is great!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing. Thank you for caring about your employees; it shows!

Edaptive Systems Response

Jun 16, 2015 – COO

Thank you for the positive feedback!

Over worked

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Owings, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Owings, MD

I worked at Edaptive Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free lunch once a month. Mainly pizza... The partners are friendly and very involved within the company.

Cons

Most of the co workers gossip as usual. You are evaluated based upon what someone says or thinks of you instead of your productivity. Human Resource department is a relative of one of the partners (spouse) and another assistant. I would seek employment elsewhere. Complete waste of time. The majority of the jobs are contracted out anyway through a recruiting company inside of their office space. That is another story...

Great Company to work for

I worked at Edaptive Systems (More than 3 years)

Pros

Worked as a PM for Edaptive for about three years. Had to leave due to moving out of state. Would not have left otherwise. Great people, great environment.

Cons

None that i can think of

Advice to Management

Keep it up

Great co-workers, Senior managers out of touch

Former Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Owings Mills, MD
    Former Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Owings Mills, MD

I worked at Edaptive Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

very competent coworkers, they are willing to help, work hard and care about doing quality work

Cons

mid level managers do not deal with stress well and pass it on to the worker bees. HR and senior management competent but out of touch with how staff is being treated by mid level managers that can not deal with the stress

Advice to Management

Senior management your worker bees are dedicated, work harder than you know, are not treated well at times by managers can become irrational fits while under the gun and half an hour latter have a smile on their face. Company has potential, this is the time to take a honest look at itself.

RSS Feed </> Embed