Edelman

Updated Mar 21, 2014

Edelman President and CEO Richard W. Edelman

Richard W. Edelman

29 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Wonderful people, wonderful work, wonderful experience thus far.

Account Executive (Current Employee)

I have been working at Edelman full-time for less than a year

ProsConsistently challenged, but supported. Compensation is above average, and the company culture is amazing.

ConsAs with any corporate job, politics do come into play, but not enough to interfere with day-to-day work.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep on doing what you're doing!

Great company, environment; endless opportunities

I have been working at Edelman full-time for less than a year

ProsWork with the best people, great benefits, always opportunities to learn and grow

ConsHiring or transferring process is cumbersome

Edelman is a company that values not only its client relationships but also its employees.

Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Edelman full-time for more than a year

ProsEdelman values its employees and looks to retain top talent by offering excellent benefits and investing in employees. Edelman's work culture is phenomenal and even though there are 67 different offices, every time I go to a new office, its cool to see that the people are the same in each office.

ConsAs is agency style, sometimes you will work long hours, but there is no company I'd rather work for.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive the junior employees as much responsibility as you can.

Smart leadership, great clients, fun work

EVP (Current Employee)

I have been working at Edelman full-time for more than 8 years

Pros> We represent many of the best brands in the world
 > We help influence important decisions in the world's boardrooms as well as legislative houses

ConsThere's so much to do and never enough time to do it, so it's critical you know how to achieve life balance. It won't be done for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep investing in proprietary IP, continue to bring in really smart, senior non-PR people withe heavy industry experience.

Great Place to Work

I have been working at Edelman full-time for less than a year

ProsEveryone is friendly and very collaborative. Employees work well in forming teams across the different practice areas to give clients excellent, integrated work. Management gives employees the freedom to pursue their areas of interest regardless of what practice they are a part of. Many trainings are implemented to share knowledge and help employees explore areas of interest.

ConsAs with any company, there can be a lot of bureaucracy to navigate at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease keep investing in tools and trainings. Making programs like PhotoShop more available would be very helpful. The online training platform is very slow and has a lot of glitches.

Steer clear of healthcare team in Atlanta!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Atlanta, GA

I worked at Edelman full-time for more than a year

ProsOpportunities to learn if you're on the right team and have a supportive manager.

ConsEdelman as a whole might be an okay place to work, as long as you're not a member of the healthcare team in Atlanta. The management of this team is manipulative and toxic and forced five people - including myself - to quit last year. Wish I had known going in that the healthcare team in Atlanta is known by the rest of the office as a horrible place to work. One Edelman Atlanta staffer on another team confessed she held her breath when she walked by our desks because the whole area gives off a toxic vibe and a well-liked and respected Atlanta EVP admitted he/she (trying to protect their anonymity) couldn't stand the SVP of the healthcare team and thought he was a poor excuse for a manager.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a look at the turnover of the healthcare team in Atlanta and then at its management. That is the source of the problem!

Endless Opportunities

I have been working at Edelman full-time for less than a year

ProsThe abundance of career opportunities here at Edelman is endless. The company is structured for each employee to ultimately determine their own career path based upon their interests. Additionally, as the top pr firm in the world Edelman attracts top tier talent and works with some of the largest brands in the world. Being with such a large company also allows you a global network of resources to assist you in your day-to-day needs and the opportunity to work with other Edelman offices across the world.

ConsPart of this is just the nature of the industry, but it is very challenging to maintain a work/life balance at times. If you are only open to a 9-5 Monday-Friday gig, this industry and company is probably not the best fit for you. That said, Edelman is great about holidays and PTOs.

Great place to work

Intern (Former Employee)
Atlanta, GA

I worked at Edelman as an intern for less than a year

Pros-Great management that really takes pride in developing young talent
-Challenged on a daily basis
-Get to big clients
-Looks great on a resume

Cons-Long hours
-Low pay at bottom of the latter

The place for real thinkers

I have been working at Edelman full-time for more than 8 years

Pros- Client base consissts of the best of their industires
- Smart colleagues
- Great leadership that communicates often and well
- Oustanding work
- Highly values creative thinking
- Diverse employee base is becoming even more so

Cons- Ver fast-faced, to the point of leaving little room to breathe

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep sharing transparently and running out the big egos that behave poorly.

Wonderful place to intern

Corporate Intern (Current Employee)

I have been working at Edelman full-time for less than a year

ProsWonderful place to start; has high status and makes room for many opportunities

ConsCould pay more for the hardwork; interns dont get overtime

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat management

Worked for Edelman? Contribute to the Community!

Edelman Videos

Edelman – Why Work for Us?

On October 1, 1952, Daniel J. Edelman and Associates was founded in the Merchandise Mart in Chicago with three employees servicing one client. More than 60 years later, with 67 offices and over 4,800 employees servicing… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Edelman reviews and ratings in Atlanta, GA — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Edelman CEO Richard W. Edelman. All 29 reviews posted anonymously by Edelman employees.