Edelman

Updated October 15, 2014
4.1

Edelman President and CEO Richard W. Edelman
Richard W. Edelman

Pros
  • Lots of resources available to employees and good work-life balance culture (in 65 reviews)

• Many smart people to work with on a diverse portfolio of projects (in 62 reviews)

Cons
  • Extremely high work pressure means that work life balance is adversely impacted (in 137 reviews)

• Long hours; org structure difficult to understand/navigate (in 94 reviews)

More Highlights

32 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

What an amazing place to work

I have been working at Edelman full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The people, the global network, the firm's reputation, the benefits...the list goes on. As a junior employee, there is a lot of opportunity for growth and you have the chance to experience many different things and move up the ladder quickly.

Cons

You will work a lot, no doubt about that. Salary is a little low but the pros definitely outweigh the cons.

Professional fulfilling and extremely educational

I have been working at Edelman full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Work-life balance encouraged, amazing employees, encouraging culture, great overall company

Cons

The on-boarding process could be improved

Don't lose sight of the entire employee scope -- from intern to VP, we all contribute massively.

You can expect the best when you work for the best.

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Edelman full-time (more than an year)

Pros

One of the coolest things about Edelman is the way it has adapted a very collaborative culture recently. The new structure for accounts encourages a ton of interaction between offices and especially between office practices, which I find both fascinating and helpful for growth and experience. They genuinely care about their employee culture, so whether you have an offsite meeting at a national museum or everybody joins in to do a community clean-up, there's a very familial spirit to Edelman. We do "spirit days," have a beer/drink cart that rolls around every week, have out-of-office parties and always recognize quality work. They truly believe in a great work/life balance. Richard Edelman himself constantly espouses for a healthy work/life balance, so it's a very integral part of the Edelman company culture. I think it's important to note that we do a lot of smiling at Edelman. It's great to work for the #1 PR firm in the world, but it's also really great when everybody else enjoys it as much as you do.

Cons

Whenever I've had an issue at Edelman, I've been able to talk through it with somebody higher up and either come to a resolution, so I really don't have any big "cons" since the company has been so responsive to concerns and issues that arise. I think my only issue would be that the review process needs to be revisited with a critical eye. Though, on paper, reviews, advancements and compensation adjustments take place twice a year, they really only happens once a year with the turn of the fiscal. Most other firms review fluidly or at least four times a year and I think quarterly reviews would be a great adjustment.

Blazing a trail for the future

Current Employee - Senior Vice President in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Vice President in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Edelman full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Incredibly smart and talented workforce. This company gets it, sees where the industry is going. Ability to meld social/traditional/digital/measurement = best-in-class. Unlimited ambition, which can be infectious (in a good way). Diversity of coworkers makes every day an adventure.

Cons

Divergence of traditional and digital mediums is both a blessing and a curse, but the savvy of our department heads stack the deck in Edelman's favor.

Continue respecting the talent and vision our junior staff embodies. They will be the leadership, soon enough.

Great environment, great people, great opportunities

I have been working at Edelman full-time (less than an year)

Pros

opportunities for growth, company values, positive environment, encouraging upper management, interesting work

Cons

Compensation could be better for top preformers on lower levels

Wonderful people, wonderful work, wonderful experience thus far.

I have been working at Edelman full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Consistently challenged, but supported. Compensation is above average, and the company culture is amazing.

Cons

As with any corporate job, politics do come into play, but not enough to interfere with day-to-day work.

Keep on doing what you're doing!

Great company, environment; endless opportunities

I have been working at Edelman full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Work with the best people, great benefits, always opportunities to learn and grow

Cons

Hiring or transferring process is cumbersome

Edelman is a company that values not only its client relationships but also its employees.

I have been working at Edelman full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Edelman values its employees and looks to retain top talent by offering excellent benefits and investing in employees. Edelman's work culture is phenomenal and even though there are 67 different offices, every time I go to a new office, its cool to see that the people are the same in each office.

Cons

As is agency style, sometimes you will work long hours, but there is no company I'd rather work for.

Give the junior employees as much responsibility as you can.

Smart leadership, great clients, fun work

Current Employee - EVP in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - EVP in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Edelman full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

> We represent many of the best brands in the world
     > We help influence important decisions in the world's boardrooms as well as legislative houses

Cons

There's so much to do and never enough time to do it, so it's critical you know how to achieve life balance. It won't be done for you.

Keep investing in proprietary IP, continue to bring in really smart, senior non-PR people withe heavy industry experience.

Great Place to Work

I have been working at Edelman full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Everyone is friendly and very collaborative. Employees work well in forming teams across the different practice areas to give clients excellent, integrated work. Management gives employees the freedom to pursue their areas of interest regardless of what practice they are a part of. Many trainings are implemented to share knowledge and help employees explore areas of interest.

Cons

As with any company, there can be a lot of bureaucracy to navigate at times.

Please keep investing in tools and trainings. Making programs like PhotoShop more available would be very helpful. The online training platform is very slow and has a lot of glitches.