Edelman

Edelman Reviews in Chicago, IL

Updated Jul 7, 2014

Edelman President and CEO Richard W. Edelman

Richard W. Edelman

Pros
  • Lots of resources available to employees and good work-life balance culture(in 50 reviews)

• Many smart people to work with on a diverse portfolio of projects(in 52 reviews)

Cons
  • Extremely high work pressure means that work life balance is adversely impacted(in 109 reviews)

• Long hours; org structure difficult to understand/navigate(in 89 reviews)

152 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great people to work with/for

Associate Executive (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsYou learn something new every day from co-workers and supervisors.

ConsAt times, the supervisors are doing a billion things that they can't really teach/train the people working under them.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep motivating peers and increase training on digital.

Intern

Intern (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsGreat place to learn from higher ups, challenging, lots of really useful experience that helps set you up for a future at an agency

ConsSometimes very stressful, sometimes nothing to do

Advice to Senior ManagementBalance out the work load so it's consistent

Great place to work and growth

Billing Coordinator (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsEdelman gives you tools and makes it a bit easier for you to Grow.

Consnone as of today

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Didn't hate it

Corporate PR Intern (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsGot to work on great clients, Awesome people, Did some cool work

ConsVery sink or swim culture, Not a lot of support from managers

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you are managing an intern, it would make sense to actually work on the same clients as the intern.

Average Agency Life

Account Supervisor (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsI've enjoyed my time with Edelman and feel the work they're doing is good, albeit rather garden-variety. There are plenty of training opportunities and chances to break out of one's silo if one is so inclined.

ConsLeaders don't buy what they sell. You'll never see anyone VP+ in a training session, which reflects badly to junior staff. The gap between the job management thinks they're doing and how the junior staff sees them doing is widening.

Advice to Senior ManagementReturn to your roots and remember what made you good AAEs, AEs, and SAEs, taking opportunities and having the hunger for greater things. Stop feeling as though you've arrived and remember you're still in transit.

It was Okay.

Trainee/Intern (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsGreat location, free food, fun place

ConsOffice culture is cliquey.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo more to make newbies feel more at home and not like temps.

Meh

Account Supervisor (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsGreat name, prestige, you will learn a lot about PR and the industry that you can use throughout your career. There are a lot of ways to get involved and learn more. Good benefits too.

ConsTime management, company has a problem practicing what it preaches and can make it difficult to trust what they say. There is a disconnect between what the senior people think Edelman and the Edelman work experience is and what it actually is. Not a good place for working mothers unless you're at a high enough level. Does not value quieter, thoughful approaches so not a place for introverts.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop trying to force everyone to be the Edelman ideal and actually focus on people's strengths. Practice what your preach. Respect people's home lives (for real, not just lip service). Value loyalty and the people who aren't agency-hopping a little more.

Great people and quite a learning experience.

Account Executive (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsThe people are smart and strategic assets to the company who hold remarkable relationships with their clients. Just the same, clients treat Edelman like a strategic partner vs. just an agency, which is a testament to the work we can do.

ConsI've seen several teams in the past few months lose team members who aren't being replaced, meaning across the board many have an even heavier workload. There are definitely employee gaps that need to be filled.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire employees where and when needed. On top of this, there needs to be improved compensation for top performers.

Edelman is a great place to work. Smart and creative company.

Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsGreat benefits and I love my co-workers.

Conslong hours when deadlines are due

Advice to Senior Managementkeep employees informed of what direction the company is going

Face paced and exciting

Executive Assistant (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsWas able to expand software application skills!

ConsDid not get to interview for the permanent position

Worked for Edelman? Contribute to the Community!