Edelman

Edelman Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Edelman President and CEO Richard W. Edelman

Richard W. Edelman

Pros
  • Lots of resources available to employees and good work-life balance culture(in 50 reviews)

• Many smart people to work with on a diverse portfolio of projects(in 52 reviews)

Cons
  • Extremely high work pressure means that work life balance is adversely impacted(in 109 reviews)

• Long hours; org structure difficult to understand/navigate(in 89 reviews)

Intern

Intern (Former Employee) Washington, DC

ProsWas given meaningful work and had great supervisors that not only made themselves available to me but made feel like they were really invested in me benefiting from my experience there.

ConsWith the real possibility of a job offer resulting from serving as an intern, there can be a very competitive work culture between the interns. This has its benefits and downfalls.

Average Agency Life

Account Supervisor (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsI've enjoyed my time with Edelman and feel the work they're doing is good, albeit rather garden-variety. There are plenty of training opportunities and chances to break out of one's silo if one is so inclined.

ConsLeaders don't buy what they sell. You'll never see anyone VP+ in a training session, which reflects badly to junior staff. The gap between the job management thinks they're doing and how the junior staff sees them doing is widening.

Advice to Senior ManagementReturn to your roots and remember what made you good AAEs, AEs, and SAEs, taking opportunities and having the hunger for greater things. Stop feeling as though you've arrived and remember you're still in transit.

Great company, really smart people, fast paced!

Vice President (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsChallenging, great minds, top flight work. Training is exceptional, leadership cares and listens, strong HR support, very good experience, but be ready to be challenged, it's an entrepreneurial environment!

ConsHyper paced, sometimes frenetic work culture. Information overload at times, many creative initiatives compete for people's attention, can be took much going on to focus

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Exciting work environment.

ProsThere are great learning experiences.

ConsAgency life is non-stop. You have to like it.

Great place to build your resume, learn and launch your career

Intern (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsGood culture, friendly and helpful people, well-known big name clients and a lot of opportunities to do some really cool projects

ConsWorkers can be very clique-y, office matters can become political, lack of diversity in terms of employees

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what your doing, make sure to keep recognizing and rewarding the accomplishments of junior staff.

OK company

ProsLooks great on your resume

ConsToo political, favoritism, senior management disconnected from what actually goes on

Advice to Senior ManagementGet involved with your staff

Stressed out

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsMost of the people seemed nice.

ConsAll of the people seemed stressed out and over-taxed by their work. As a freelancer, I was very mismanaged.

It was Okay.

Trainee/Intern (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsGreat location, free food, fun place

ConsOffice culture is cliquey.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo more to make newbies feel more at home and not like temps.

Awesome firm

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThis was a great firm with amazing people. I loved working here!

ConsIt's agency life so it can be a little crazy but it's pretty nice considering.

A lonely road for rockstars

ProsIt is not normal for people to spend their entire careers at one agency. But Edelman has achieved a culture where many people are happy to stay. If you are a rockstar, you can beat your own path at Edelman. You will find people who are smart, driven, creative and focused on achieving real impact in the real world. You will find a vast base of clients who trust Edelman to steward bold ideas forward. Opportunities abound.

ConsMiddle management often pays homage to "big ideas" but, for the most part, perpetuates the status quo. Talented thinkers often find a way -- but too often, they're finding a way around their supervisors. Or, just as bad, they are given a green light but no resources to achieve their goal.

Also, the cliquishness between divisions is borderline unbearable.

Advice to Senior ManagementBust up bureaucracy. Help monetize new ideas.

Worked for Edelman? Contribute to the Community!