Edelman

Richard W. Edelman

10 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great Opportunities

I have been working at Edelman full-time for more than a year

ProsExcellent people, great culture, great clients. Younger employees have access to senior leaders, a lot of room for young employees to grow. Excellent benefits. Managers are receptive to suggestions and input from lower-level employees.

ConsHigh turnover, average compensation. Certain people can be confrontational or political, but its business so that is very normal.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't forget about your smaller offices!

Passion, Smarts and Extraordinary Commitment

Account Supervisor (Current Employee)

I have been working at Edelman full-time for more than a year

ProsI'm consistently floored by the truly top-notch thinking and results delivered by my colleagues not only in Dallas, but throughout the Edelman network. We share a sense of constructive dissatisfaction, a drive to stretch further and do better - as a result, our work is second to none.

Edelman is home to some of the smartest and nicest PR practitioners in the business. I love that we have a unique culture, and I genuinely trust our leadership. On top of it all, I actually have fun working at Edelman, and laugh more times than I can count in any given day.

ConsWe work incredibly hard, and as a bunch, we have incredibly high expectations. Sometimes that can translate into long days and a fair amount of constructive criticism. To be fair, Edelman isn't for everyone; if you aren't committed and your skills aren't top-notch (writing, time management, etc.), you won't fit in.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to focus on growth, while being judicious about hiring for cultural fit.

Pretty Good!

Dallas, TX

I have been working at Edelman full-time

ProsUpbeat company culture, senior staff will invest time and resources in you, hard work is recognized and usually rewarded, great brands to work on and sharpen your PR skills

Cons40+ hour work weeks are more often the rule than the exception. even if your plate is full it's not unusual to have more work added.

Advice to Senior ManagementNew client work is always welcome, but acknowledge when someone is already spread too thin especially when they communicate it. And when you say extra help is on it way, please actually deliver on that.

Engaging and Delightful

Vice President Digital (Current Employee)
Dallas, TX

I have been working at Edelman full-time for less than a year

ProsThe resources of a large company however keeping the family way of running the business

ConsGrowth in the area of Digital can seem a bit hectic and scattered however, I believe it is part of growth

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't forget that digital is not just in NY, West Coast and Chicago :)

Overall a great place to be...most of the time

Account Executive (Current Employee)

I have been working at Edelman full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat culture, incredible knowledge sharing and education, wonderful reputation

Conssome offices have trouble providing promotions and salary increases

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus more on your team members and less on the $$ when needed

Lots of opportunity for growth, but politics is a big pain here.

Assistant Account Executive (Current Employee)

I have been working at Edelman full-time for more than a year

ProsProvides lots of avenues to explore your career, easy to move around within the company, and provides employees with consistent learning opportunities to perfect what we do.

ConsPolitics determine your title more than merit does. If you know the right people, your career will go far. If you are just good at what you do, you may get overlooked.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe leader of the office dictates the office culture -- be the kind of person who inspires creativity and promotes diversity.

Best way to grow as a PR professional and become a master of the trade

Trainee (Current Employee)
Dallas, TX

I have been working at Edelman as an intern for less than a year

ProsI love the direction, encouragement and work ethic of the team I am working on along with the office as a whole. My colleagues truly care about my professional development, project efficiency and success. Everyone at the office continuously makes me feel welcome, and the atmosphere of the office is a perfect setting for me to work at my best. Everyone always encourages healthy work/life balance.

ConsI do not have any cons!

Advice to Senior ManagementI do not have any advice. I am thoroughly enjoying my summer at Edelman. I am receiving excellent advice, direction and insights. This experience is not only teaching me more about the field of public relations and communications, but also, I am becoming a better strategic thinker and "team player."

Working for Edelman has allowed me to strengthen my professional skills while advancing my career.

Account Executive (Current Employee)

I have been working at Edelman

ProsEdelman is a name recognized globally. Working here provides the opportunity to work on great accounts and strengthen your skills. Edelman frequently provides educational trainings to their employees.

ConsI don't always feel employees are rewarded appropriately for their hard work in a timely manner. i.e. salary compensation, title changes.

Advice to Senior ManagementI believe the senior-level management could be more transparent at time regarding new business opportunities by providing detailed reasons for why the company did not win a certain account. This way we can better ourselves as a whole and be more prepared next time.

Empowering.

Assistant Account Executive (Current Employee)

I have been working at Edelman

ProsUnmatched room for growth and the company stays abreast of the current and future trends in the industry. Edelman truly wants its employees to be the best in the business.

ConsLong hours are required and expected. This is not just Edelman, however, but that of all PR agencies.

Thoughts

Anonymouns (Former Employee)

I worked at Edelman

ProsGreat professionals in the network

ConsLack of clear leadership and direction locally

Advice to Senior ManagementNot sure...

Worked for Edelman? Contribute to the Community!

Edelman Videos

Edelman – Why Work for Us?

On October 1, 1952, Daniel J. Edelman and Associates was founded in the Merchandise Mart in Chicago with three employees servicing one client. More than 60 years later, with 67 offices and over 4,800 employees servicing… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Edelman reviews and ratings in Dallas, TX — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Edelman CEO Richard W. Edelman. All 10 reviews posted anonymously by Edelman employees.