Edelman

www.edelman.com

Edelman Reviews in Los Angeles, CA

Edelman President and CEO Richard W. Edelman

Richard W. Edelman

Pros
  • Lots of resources available to employees and good work-life balance culture(in 50 reviews)

• Many smart people to work with on a diverse portfolio of projects(in 52 reviews)

Cons
  • Extremely high work pressure means that work life balance is adversely impacted(in 109 reviews)

• Long hours; org structure difficult to understand/navigate(in 89 reviews)

42 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great place to work with great people!

Account Manager (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsFun atmosphere with fun people all of whom are great at their jobs.

ConsThis was a really good experience, no cons on this side

Edelman + PR = On the way to greatness but not there yet...

Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsGreat people, although often silo-ed, usually good opportunities for advancement, although it can move very slowly. Many people here have been here for years. Edelman is working to improve office life and communities through programs such as Living in Color and Global Citizenship.

ConsWork life balance is difficult, people are just working all the time, and it is very difficult to get them away from their desks. We do have some fun though, but it take a while to get everyone amped up for an event, in or outside the office. There are some company policies or systems that are not totally effective either (GFS and Helpdesk).

Advice to Senior ManagementThere should be a policy for bio length and content. Fusion and Sharepoint should be maintained better with easy to find case studies, or information on who to contact in which office for each account, as well as general administrative needs.

I've become a smarter person just working here, but I'm also just so exhausted!

Senior Account Executive (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

Pros-We stay ahead of the curve in digital, always seem to be a step ahead of our competitors
    -Growth is important overall
    -Work with a variety of clients and opportunities to move laterally if pushed
    -Allow involvement in other

Cons-Work/life balance is difficult to achieve at best
    -Taking vacation is possible, but you definitely pay for it by working crazy hours before and afterwards

Advice to Senior ManagementWorking 50 hours a week shouldn't be the rule, it should be the exception. Keep that in mind if you want to reduce turnover.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Edelman is a top notch PR firm that values career growth, learning, and people.

Account Supervisor (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsEdelman values corporate social responsibility - they preach it to clients but they also practice it. It's a great place to learn and you are surrounded by extremely talented colleagues who are collaborative, media savvy, and push you to be your best.

ConsThe hours can be long and unpredictable.

Advice to Senior ManagementWe need the latest technology tools to do our job better.

Demanding but rewarding

Account Executive (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsIf you work hard, you are rewarded for it. Opportunities for growth are fairly provided and there is an environment that fosters the growth of those who go above and beyond. My managers are the best managers I have ever had in my professional life (though it is relatively short). They genuinely look out for my best interests and allow me to work autonomously. At the same time, they go out of their way to provide me with the help I need if I ask for it.

ConsCan be incredibly demanding and high stress. In an effort to manage the economic downturn, they rely on existing employees before hiring new candidates. While this is a good thing in that it means there are no layoffs, it can translate into overworking employees (i.e. asking one person to play the role of three). They expect a lot from junior staff ... but if you prove yourself, you are usually rewarded for it.

It's a great place to work where people love their jobs, but often times are overworked.

Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsHealth benefits, compensation, co-workers, office lifestyle, creative environment

Conslong hours, work/life balance, healthy lifestyle harder to manage

good

Senior Account Supervisor (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

Proscompany receives a lot of industry recognition
    great resources

Conswork/life balance
    hard workers need to be recognized more via promotions, awards, etc...big client teams always receive the praise, leaving little room for other teams

Great place to work, and a company that is continuously improving

Senior Account Supervisor (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

Pros--The company continues to innovate and grow
    --Edelman focuses on the staff and on making sure this is a company where people can have long and meaningful careers
    --You get a chance to work on some of the biggest clients and best projects

ConsAs the company grows we continue to add capabilities in different divisions, which means multiple groups within Edelman can handle the same project (Ruth, MATTER, Consumer Marketing, etc). As a result you often find yourself competing against other Edelman teams or offices for chunks of a client's business.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue investing in the young employees. Pay them better, give them more training, give them more ways to grow and learn and experience.

Edelman is a great place to work!

Account Supervisor (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsEdelman is a great place to work. Very talented people work here. Their are numerous opportunities for exposure within the company. Edelman recognizes people's strengths and places them in positions to exceed. People who work here are best in class and have a great attitude.

ConsMy only con about working here is that pay is not as great as comparable companies. They do standard one-year reviews and that is the only time, most often to receive a pay increase. Most people work way more than 40 hours a week and that is almost an expectation. Work/life balance is getting better and the company is doing a good job at voicing their support for time off and breaks as needed.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great stuff at Edelman. My only recommendation is offering more competitive salaries and benefits packages. Premiums and deductibles are pretty high for insurance plans.

I'm proud to be a part of Edelman's Team!

Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsGreat People, Great Benefits, Great Learning and Growing Experience, Great Relationships.

ConsIt is very fast paced, which I like - but for some could be a downside! Honestly, I don't have much negative to say about Edelman

Advice to Senior ManagementEdelman has great overall leadership! We have some of the best thought leaders in the practice. It is important for team leaders to examine when teams are burnt out and handle accordingly.

Worked for Edelman? Contribute to the Community!