Edelman

Edelman President and CEO Richard W. Edelman

Richard W. Edelman

136 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Progressive and Full of Opportunity

Account Supervisor (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsThe Edelman team, from Richard himself to each Assistant Account Executive, are simply the smartest group of professionals I've worked with in this industry. Having worked at two other large agencies, I can confidently say the level of talent at Edelman blows other agencies away. Senior management is incredibly involved and accessible and although it's a huge company, it somehow maintains a small, start-up feel. I think that's because they strongly encourage an agency-wide "entrepreneurial spirit," which empowers teams to pursue boundary-pushing programs for clients and employees to pursue limitless opportunities in their career path.

ConsIf you don't have a strong POV, presence or outgoing personality, it's easy to get swallowed up at Edelman. Although it feels smaller, it's a huge, global agency at the end of the day and it truly gives life to the phrase "jump in the deep end and sink or swim."

Advice to Senior ManagementWe work on the road and from home pretty regularly and the rental laptop/remote access situation is pretty bad. Other than that, two thumbs up!

Challenging, supportive

Vice President (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsIt's the pre-eminent thought leader in its industry. It is an innovative, flexible and generous agency. Its relatively flattened hierarchy promotes communication and creativity from all levels.

ConsI'm seriously having trouble coming up with something general and accurate. I mean, it's an intense job -- it's bound to take up considerable hours of the day, to involve periods of intense effort that do not result in a fruitful outcome, to butting heads with forceful, opinionated colleagues, etc. That would be the same at any company where growth and passion are integral components.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would love to have its client list in the energy sector shorn of all fossil fuel-related companies, much as it eschews doing work on behalf of tobacco product companies.

Edelman is truly a great company to work for or hire -- we're well-respected and it's much deserved

SAS (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsIntelligent people who bring many different backgrounds and skills to the table; entrepreneurial spirit; high-profile clients; independence which allows freedom to reinvent ourselves and evolve as the world changes, and allows company to really take care of employees; cross-office and department collaboration; many resources at our fingertips; proprietary tools; engaging training; much better/more flexible work-life balance than at any other agency for which I've worked, despite the rumors I heard before signing on

ConsThe location might not be the most convenient for everyone, but space is really great

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to build a career

New York, NY

ProsEntrepreneurial; feel like you're surrounded by the best

ConsNone to speak of currently; This job is what you make of it

A forward-thinking firm with great leadership

New York, NY

ProsEdelman recruits some of the top talent in the industry, so the place is brimming with creative ideas and go-getter attitudes. The company is continuously looking for ways to adapt and change the PR space while catering to clients' needs and exceeding expectations.

ConsIf you're put on a challenging account, you may be working very long hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to recognize and foster talent in junior staffers.

Great opportunities

Assistant Account Executive (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsAmazing opportunities for growth and education. Managers really want to help you succeed within Edelman.

ConsWork-life balance sometimes hard to keep up at junior levels.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to foster growth in junior employees.

Great place to build a career

Assistant Account Executive (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsOpen, collaborative work envirionment that challenges employes on a daily basis. Family-owned and independent and is able to operate like many other agencies (and companies for that matter) can't.

ConsBase pay for entry level employees not great, but good opportunity for advancement.

Advice to Senior ManagementHelp staff the lower-level positions as they are understaffed in some departments.

A positive and challenging work environment surrounded by smart people who strive for common goals.

Account Executive (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsCreative programs are regularly rolled out to keep employees interested and learning something new to help our work in the industry; the Global Women's Executive Network (GWEN) demonstrates that the company is invested in its female employees and is working towards an even division of leadership; senior leadership is open to conversation with staff and feedback regardless of level

ConsCurrently no cons to report

Can't Imagine Working Anywhere Else

Senior Account Supervisor (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsI like coming to work and being surrounded with smart, entrepreneurial people. The work quality and innovation that happen on a daily basis are truly impressive. I've also noticed a trend towards a more collaborative culture within our New York office and across the network.

ConsDespite the increase in collaboration, there can still be some backbiting and competition. There are also a few obvious "favorites" that rise through the ranks unreasonably quickly. Compensation is also slightly below industry standard.

Advice to Senior ManagementWe're heading in the right direction, but watch out for office politics.

The best PR agency in the world

Vice President (Current Employee)

ProsTons of opportunities
    Excellent colleagues
    A place for entrepreneurship
    Top brand to work for
    High mobility across different practices
    Diversified development path for career

ConsIt's a very challenging and competing environment, and the working tension is sometimes very high.

Worked for Edelman? Contribute to the Community!

Edelman Videos

Edelman – Why Work for Us?

On October 1, 1952, Daniel J. Edelman and Associates was founded in the Merchandise Mart in Chicago with three employees servicing one client. More than 60 years later, with 67 offices and over 4,800 employees servicing… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Edelman reviews and ratings in New York City, NY — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Edelman CEO Richard W. Edelman. All 136 reviews posted anonymously by Edelman employees.