Edelman

136 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great people

Intern (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsI have developed so many great skills in the short time I have been working here. The name definitely carries great status and reputation. The people I work with bring so much to the table on a daily basis.

ConsThe quality of work should be more recognized. Billing is way too important.

Fantastic to work for

Vice President (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsLearn many skills, provided challenges and career growth opportunities, very social, made wonderful friends

ConsLong hours, great if you are single but a challenge if you are in a relationship or wanting a family

Advice to Senior ManagementHelp junior and senior members find a way to achieve true work-life balance (work one day a week from home or build up staff on teams)

Simply the Best

New York, NY

ProsIndependence means freedom from the financial pressures put on agencies in holding companies; Richard Edelman's game-changing leadership; you will go to work each day surrounded by the smartest people in the industry, at all levels.

ConsThe pace and size will not be for everyone. It is big, fast and extremely smart -- you have to be on your toes at all times.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep setting the bar high and pushing the industry forward.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fabulous opportunities--with high expectations

Senior Vice President (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsIncredible work. Challenging client assignments and the resources to the the best work possible. People are very talented and many make great mentors, especially for mid & senior career. For people who fit the culture, the "entrepreneurial spirit" is real. The firm provides resources necessary to make good ideas happen.

ConsNeed to set your own boundaries because the firm will always push for better work. Some of the internal financial structure can make collaboration difficult, but individual relationships always trump the official policies.

Prepare to work.. really...really.. really hard

Assistant Account Executive (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsGreat experience to put on a resume, benefits and big corporate benefits

ConsIt's an incredibly competitive place (at least the health department) these are all very hard working overworked people who may not have time to train you properly.

Advice to Senior Managementfocus on encouraging and inspiring your employees

Great place to build your resume, learn and launch your career

Intern (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsGood culture, friendly and helpful people, well-known big name clients and a lot of opportunities to do some really cool projects

ConsWorkers can be very clique-y, office matters can become political, lack of diversity in terms of employees

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what your doing, make sure to keep recognizing and rewarding the accomplishments of junior staff.

Best of the Best

Vice President (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsI have been employed at several well-known NYC agencies over the course of a long career, and Edelman is by far the best place I have ever worked. The "E" in Edelman stands for excellence. It is impossible to overrate the importance of the firm's independence and the outstanding leadership and commitment of the Edelman family. The firm is loaded with smart, creative people, who are challenged everyday to grow, learn, and give back. Hard work IS rewarded here.

ConsAfter experiencing other typical NYC agency environments, ranging from tolerable to unbearable, I truly can't think of any "cons" that amount to anything.

Big Talent Big Ideas

EVP (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsWickedly talented and smart colleagues. Creative risk takers who think differently to solve client needs. Collegial, fun, casual. Great community. As a private company the firm invests in takent and stays ahead of the tech curve.

ConsNothing substantive. Growing fast and need more office space asap. Preferably in our amazing building.

Advice to Senior ManagementGrab more office space in the building. Improve the cafe! Keep hiring great talent.

great company

New York, NY

Prosprivate ownership, great work-life balance, great career opportunities for hard workers

ConsThere aren't many negatives. In some cases the leadership isnt as strong as it could be, but I am overall very pleased.

Advice to Senior Managementembrace telecommuters

If you're going to work at an agency, do it here.

Account Supervisor (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsTop PR firm in the world; great benefits; decent work/life balance; smart/creative people

ConsLong hours; org structure difficult to understand/navigate

Worked for Edelman? Contribute to the Community!

Edelman Videos

Edelman – Why Work for Us?

On October 1, 1952, Daniel J. Edelman and Associates was founded in the Merchandise Mart in Chicago with three employees servicing one client. More than 60 years later, with 67 offices and over 4,800 employees servicing… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Edelman reviews and ratings in New York, NY — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Edelman CEO Richard W. Edelman. All 136 reviews posted anonymously by Edelman employees.